Just now, gleninjersey said:

Ssssh, don't let that out!  You're suppossed to keep that secret so people buy the newest edition of your book and attend your updated seminar!  LOL.

Thanks, that is good to know.  Thank you for sharing your personal knowledge and insight on this topic.  It's rather refreshing.  And it didnt' even cost me $19.95!  :)

I hate the hysteria his purposely misleading posts cause.  I don't  mind helping to put the fire out.  And I don't mind spending my time to relate my experience to people who luckily have never been in the system. 

I think his book goes for 60 bucks. If I ever write one I wouldnt take that from people. But good for him. The man has built a tremendous reputation and marketed himself as "the" guy. Kudos to him for it. But I'm not going to sit back and let thousands be manipulated. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, capt14k said:

No I haven't seen him on Facebook at all but it looks like I need to take a look.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I posted a pretty harsh criticism of him at 10am on Sunday to a 2a Facebook group and at 11 this beauty popped up. To be clear I did not attack him personally and only insinuated he had other motives. 

Screenshot_20181211-210138.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

I have to disagree with you that the number is declining.  SOMEBODY is going to all the new gun ranges and gun shops that have been opening.

A large part of the problem is many pro-gun people don't feel comfortable talking about guns for various reasons.  When I purchased my first firearm (3-4 years ago) my wife didnt' want me talking to ANYONE about it.  Shortly thereafter we were at a 40th bday party of some friends.  One person started talking about his recent skeet shooting outing and another started talking about how they wanted to purchase a firearm but didn't know how to go about it and had been given A LOT of bad / misinformation and one wife stated how she wanted to learn how to shoot.  I sat there and looked at my wife until she finally said, "Okay, tell them..."  Now I'm known as "the gun guy" and I happily and freely talk about it.  

I will agree that gun owners in this state are VERY apathetic.  And I somewhat get it.  We are overworked, overtaxed and if you have kids (especially if they are involvled in sports) you are running around A LOT.  NJ culture is very fast paced and in many instantances very "me, me, me"  So if it isn't fast and about / concern you then it doesn't matter all that much to many.  People in the gun communtiy, at least from what I can see, like to slow things down a little and have more a sense of community.  While we care about ourselves we also care about the rights our childrern and their children will have left.  And while there may only be a small percentage of people who actively participate in pushing back they are very dedicated.  And we need more of them.  And I've seen their numbers grow (slowly) since joining this forum.  Mrs. Peel is a perfect example.

“ the way to get an active community is get the community active “

im pretty sure I jus coined that..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Combat Auto said:

That said, it is someone foolish to display all this negativity against the only organization, and the lawyers they are using, which is fighting for our 2A rights in this state. 

Fighting for our 2A rights? How's that working out for you? Read the article I linked below:

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

After all, based on his own posts, he has been fighting for NJ gun rights for the past 30 years... as such... I am trying to find any recent wins...

Here's a list of Nappen's recent "wins" this year:

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Signs 6 Gun Control Bills Into Law

New Jersey’s already-strict gun laws got even tougher on Wednesday after Gov. Phil Murphy signed six bills that were advanced in the wake of a Florida school shooting that killed 17 people in February.

The new laws require background checks for private gun sales, ban the sale of armor piercing ammunition, reduce the capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds and codify regulations regarding handgun permits. Another pair of laws will allow police to take firearms from people deemed to pose a threat to themselves or others.

“Today, I’m proud to sign this series of common-sense gun safety bills into law to protect our children and families from the reckless dangers of gun violence, something the federal government has failed to do on behalf of its residents,” Murphy said in a statement.

https://observer.com/2018/06/new-jersey-gov-phil-murphy-signs-6-gun-control-bills-into-law/

If those are what Nappen and a few here consider "wins" and "fighting for us", I would hate to see his "losses"....

• Like 2

SFL Dealers

The New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit has received numerous inquiries regarding the newly enacted legislation limiting ammunition magazine capacity to ten rounds, N.J.S. 2C:39-17, enacted in June of2018. The law immediately restrictedthe sale of magazines in excess of tenrounds and provided a six month grace period for individuals that already own magazines over the new limit of ten  rounds. This grace period was intended to allow New Jersey residents the time to permanently modify themagazines to only accept ten rounds,turn them over to a State Firearms Licensed (SFL) dealer for sale ormodification, turn the magazines into their local police department fordestruction or simply destroy them byother means. Effective December 10,2018 this grace period ends and anyone in possession of a "Large Capacity Ammunition  Magazine" may be subject to criminal prosecution. .

N.J.S. 2C:39-17 provides certain exemptions for who may possess a largecapacity ammunition magazine. As anSFL, any magazines that exceed tenrounds must be logged into your largecapacity magazine ledger or if in combination with a firearm, in your assault weapons ledger. This magazineledger is designed similarly to an A&D ledger and captures the ammunition magazine in your inventory as well asthe disposition of where it went.These magazines may be sold out of state, to other SFL dealers, law enforcement agencies/officers on letterhead from the police department andin limited circumstances to a retiredpolice officer. In order to comply withthe law, a retired law enforcementofficer may purchase or acquire ahandgun / magazine with a capacity ofup to fifteen rounds from a SFL dealeras long as they are capable of beingused in a handgun they intend to qualify with and carry under the New Jersey Retired Law Enforcement Officer Permit to Carry a Handgun (RPO) program. To document thetransaction, indicate in your large capacity magazine/assault weapons ledger who you sold the magazine/firearm to and retain acopy of their retired law enforcementcredentials for regulatory compliance.

If you have any further questions, please contact a Detective in the New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit at 609-882-2000, ext.2060.

DSG. Chuck Bogdan #6545

30 minutes ago, JasonSeidman said:

I posted a pretty harsh criticism of him at 10am on Sunday to a 2a Facebook group and at 11 this beauty popped up. To be clear I did not attack him personally and only insinuated he had other motives. 

Screenshot_20181211-210138.png

He sounds like the pre-teen who goes on Facebook and gets in a contest to see who can get the most "friends".

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

On his FB page, Nappen controls the narrative and crushes dissent.  He keeps his message on track and sells a lot of stuff.  Many people do not want to work things out for themselves, they just want to be told what to do.  Life is complicated, life in NJ is even more complicated, and Nappen is more than happy to profiteer off of people who just want to keep things simple.

The day I learned that Nappen lives in NH is the day I realized he is nothing but a parasite.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

SFL Dealers

The New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit has received numerous inquiries regarding the newly enacted legislation limiting ammunition magazine capacity to ten rounds, N.J.S. 2C:39-17, enacted in June of2018. The law immediately restrictedthe sale of magazines in excess of tenrounds and provided a six month grace period for individuals that already own magazines over the new limit of ten  rounds. This grace period was intended to allow New Jersey residents the time to permanently modify themagazines to only accept ten rounds,turn them over to a State Firearms Licensed (SFL) dealer for sale ormodification, turn the magazines into their local police department fordestruction or simply destroy them byother means. Effective December 10,2018 this grace period ends and anyone in possession of a "Large Capacity Ammunition  Magazine" may be subject to criminal prosecution. .

N.J.S. 2C:39-17 provides certain exemptions for who may possess a largecapacity ammunition magazine. As anSFL, any magazines that exceed tenrounds must be logged into your largecapacity magazine ledger or if in combination with a firearm, in your assault weapons ledger. This magazineledger is designed similarly to an A&D ledger and captures the ammunition magazine in your inventory as well asthe disposition of where it went.These magazines may be sold out of state, to other SFL dealers, law enforcement agencies/officers on letterhead from the police department andin limited circumstances to a retiredpolice officer. In order to comply withthe law, a retired law enforcementofficer may purchase or acquire ahandgun / magazine with a capacity ofup to fifteen rounds from a SFL dealeras long as they are capable of beingused in a handgun they intend to qualify with and carry under the New Jersey Retired Law Enforcement Officer Permit to Carry a Handgun (RPO) program. To document thetransaction, indicate in your large capacity magazine/assault weapons ledger who you sold the magazine/firearm to and retain acopy of their retired law enforcementcredentials for regulatory compliance.

If you have any further questions, please contact a Detective in the New Jersey State Police Firearms Investigation Unit at 609-882-2000, ext.2060.

DSG. Chuck Bogdan #6545

When did this come out ?

5 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

Band of Brothers got me interested in WWII era firearms. Unfortunately I need to move out of state before I can own a M1 Carbine .30 Cal. Instead I purchase some scary looking sporter rifles. 

wanna hear sumthin' stupid? what got me to like the 1911 since I was a kid? the shadow. I shit you not. 

• Like 1

As anSFL, any magazines that exceed tenrounds must be logged into your large capacity magazine ledger ....
I never heard of this.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Not to mention Alexa, Google Home and Facebook Portal recording everything and sending it back to him. I won't even mention that recording and tracking device you carry in your pocket 24/7.

The walls have ears.

if you use farcebook messenger on your phone, that can be included too. 

1 hour ago, JasonSeidman said:

39:3A-1. Television set with screen visible to driver of vehicle prohibited

It shall be unlawful to operate upon any public highway in this State a motor vehicle which is equipped with or in which is located a television set so placed that the viewing screen thereof is visible to the driver while operating such vehicle.

Did you happen to see his post about not likeing people calling him out ;)

I did. I imagine he was punching the keyboard as he typed some of that. 

49 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

if you use farcebook messenger on your phone, that can be included too. 

You don't even want to know what data gets siphoned off your phone by Facebook. Here's a hint (everything you do on it).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Fighting for our 2A rights? How's that working out for you? Read the article I linked below:

New Jersey’s already-strict gun laws got even tougher on Wednesday after Gov. Phil Murphy signed six bills that were advanced in the wake of a Florida school shooting that killed 17 people in February.

The new laws require background checks for private gun sales, ban the sale of armor piercing ammunition, reduce the capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds and codify regulations regarding handgun permits. Another pair of laws will allow police to take firearms from people deemed to pose a threat to themselves or others.

“Today, I’m proud to sign this series of common-sense gun safety bills into law to protect our children and families from the reckless dangers of gun violence, something the federal government has failed to do on behalf of its residents,” Murphy said in a statement.

https://observer.com/2018/06/new-jersey-gov-phil-murphy-signs-6-gun-control-bills-into-law/

If those are what Nappen and a few here consider "wins" and "fighting for us", I would hate to see his "losses"....

Cheeze, you read our suite and the BullShit the judges responded with in their rulings, except Bibas with his great dissent. Tell me what lawyer you think would have turned the judges (who don't follow the constitution) to our side? Tell me what legal-holes where in the ANJRPC complaint, and tell me what you think they should have done differently? If you can't, like many of the posts in this thread, sounds like a bunch of standard bitching without solutions.

And related above, we can make the same argument about the other two 2A orgs Maxim posted above. They look like they are doing some good things for us, but have they stopped, or overturned any anti-2A laws? (If so, I'll tip my hat and donate, if not, well...).

I don't know Nappen from a hole in the wall, and he does tend to paint the darkest outlook, but if he didn't and someone got busted for a magazine, they'ed be the first person complaining that they weren't warned...Just random bitching and complain, although a great emotional releases, and sometimes fun, isn't going to drive donation's and other efforts for our side. And likely will discourage some, and that is why it is counter-productive.

Now someone is going to tell me Nappen is overpaid, no-crap, he is a "Lawyer"! -LOL!

• Like 1

Nappen is doing the best he can for himself. I saw no advice given by him that one cannot read  directly as the law is written.

Like I said before he has no interest in any pro 2Nd law, pass. It is your money but only a fool would buy his book.

What are most people going to do when 6 rounds mag will be standard and all others considered high cap?

They are going to ask where  they can mail their 10 round magazine, adds will pop up about storing them, Nappen will write another book and ANJRPC will tell you to comply.  Behehe, behehe, yep boss  one round max you said? Will do.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

wanna hear sumthin' stupid? what got me to like the 1911 since I was a kid? the shadow. I shit you not. 

What about The Phantom?  He carries a pair of 1911s.

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

I'm not disagreeing with the criticism of Nappen, but his role as an attorney isn't to keep bad bills from being enacted.   It's the voters, lobbyists, and pro-2A groups that weren't able to stop these bad bills.   Lawyers get involved once there is a law...

• Like 2

As anSFL, any magazines that exceed tenrounds must be logged into your large capacity magazine ledger ....
I never heard of this. 

Anyone? Log for mags?

9 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

You don't even want to know what data gets siphoned off your phone by Facebook. Here's a hint (everything you do on it).

which is why i don't touch farcebook in any way/shape/form on my phone. i don't even touch the interweb on my phone unless i really need to