53 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

What's wrong with the suit??

Easy question to answer. WE DIDN'T WIN!

I'm not an attorney making $100 of thousands of dollars a year claiming I know it all. He is, but from everything I've seen, he gets crap results. Doesn't get any clearer than that.

Do you normally hire tradesmen to come in and do work in your house, pay them the full amount up front, and accept that fact that they didn't provide or complete what they claimed they could? Same situation? Do you continue to send money to those same tradesmen, even though you got nothing in return all the previous times? If so, you're an .......

That is a ridiculous comparison, a court case involving an opposition party and some judges who may be irrational, to a tradesman working at your house on inanimate-object...But we can end this pain and suffering of our conversation. I get it, you hate him, he suck's, he doesn't win. But we you have no idea what exactly he did wrong in our 10R limit case. Fare enough.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

Look for it to only get worse.. Murphy & Booker plan on moving into the White House (maybe together, who knows) and they will want to stand out amongst the other Dems as having NJ having the strictest laws on guns... 

They can run on it, but it would not work in the national elections. Gun control would fly in the House of Reps, but it would be DOA in Senate.

Look at Obama... came from Chicago.... but did not do anything on a national level.

Guns are a very localized issue.  What we will see is very anti gun North East (DC to MA) + California and an apathetic to pro-gun rest of the country. 

2 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

That is a ridiculous comparison, a court case involving an opposition party and some judges who may be irrational, to a tradesman working at your house...But we can end this pain and suffering of our conversation. I get it, you hate him, he suck's, he doesn't win. But we you have no idea what exactly he did wrong in our 10R limit case. Fare enough.

I think you are both right... but ultimately we do have two FACTS.

1. In 30 years, He has not accomplished any meaningful wins for the 2A community.

2. He may be a competent attorney, hell, he may be the BEST attorney in the world... but it will not change squat in NJ because the underlying demographics in the state are ANTI-2A.

My main issue with him, and only in the last few weeks, is that he became a fear monger knowing full well what he says would happen, cannot.  Beyond that... the fear mongering is not helping the 2A community here, but helping his wallet. Through sales of more books, seminars, US Law Shield (where he is the main attorney). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

They can run on it, but it would not work in the national elections. Gun control would fly in the House of Reps, but it would be DOA in Senate.

Look at Obama... came from Chicago.... but did not do anything on a national level.

Guns are a very localized issue.  What we will see is very anti gun North East (DC to MA) + California and an apathetic to pro-gun rest of the country. 

I meant passing state level gun laws, so they can tout their progressive succuss in NJ to their base...

1 minute ago, Kawi7 said:

I meant passing state level gun laws, so they can tout their progressive succuss in NJ to their base...

Ah.  Possibly but not neceesary.

Murphy worked for Obama and already has his Blessing.

Booker is already popular with the base, does not need to do much more.  In reality, Booker is fairly moderate on guns.  I recall an interview with him back during OGAM when he publicly stated that more gun control is not going to stop crime and none of the crime in Newark was by legally possessed guns. 

9 minutes ago, Maksim said:

I think you are both right... but ultimately we do have two FACTS.

1. In 30 years, He has not accomplished any meaningful wins for the 2A community.

2. He may be a competent attorney, hell, he may be the BEST attorney in the world... but it will not change squat in NJ because the underlying demographics in the state are ANTI-2A.

My main issue with him, and only in the last few weeks, is that he became a fear monger knowing full well what he says would happen, cannot.  Beyond that... the fear mongering is not helping the 2A community here, but helping his wallet. Through sales of more books, seminars, US Law Shield (where he is the main attorney). 

Yes, Sniper's analogy got me thinking...The better analogy might be, 2A in nj is a terminally ill patient, and the lawyer in question is 2A's doctor. There is only so much he can do to keep the patient alive. ;-)

• Like 1

Just now, Combat Auto said:

Yes, Sniper's analogy got me thinking...The better analogy might be a, 2A in nj is a terminally ill patient, and the lawyer in question is 2A's doctor. There is only so much he can do to keep the patient alive. ;-)

I think generally, it is.

can it be saved?  Sure... but this is when EVERY gun owner and gun group should start expanding the base of gun owners. 

Unfortunately what has generally occurred is that the hard core extremist 2A folks in NJ will generally NOT accept anyone who does not believe as they do.  So the typical NJ gun owner is attacked from both sides.  When that happens, do you really feel welcomed to participate?

All you need to do is look at the Facebook groups.  Unless you sing the praises, you are bashed and trashed. 

15 minutes ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

What’s the lies? You dont think they’ll know what you have when they show up for a stupid reason that gives em an excuse to gun grab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only handguns if they search for permits... they have no records of long guns at the state level.

1 minute ago, remixer said:

Only handguns if they search for permits... they have no records of long guns at the state level.

Also Kaleda today mentioned on Facebook that the Police? have a record of all your high capacity magazines. 

27 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Just like McCarthy did with red scares? 

For every 1 person it scares, it pisses off more gun owners who do not want to identify with what they believe are the tinfoil society. 

And it is not FEAR... it is lies... especially when you should know it would not be possible. 

lost on the masses is that McCarthy was right given the release of Soviet docs after the fall.  Damn FDR had a spy at his side!

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

lost on the masses is that McCarthy was right given the release of Soviet docs after the fall.  Damn FDR had a spy at his side!

Was everywhere and would not of changed anything... but much more people got hurt.

Besides... everything on the forum here is passed on to Putin directly.  He can't decide yet whether to help us or not. :roflmao::meowth:

It would of mattered what was said at the hearing

You had 3 judges

And 2 of em were libs. Game over

Guys trashing Nappen.. how many of you have done anything? Let me see pics of you in Trenton last spring.

Yes he’s helped a lot of people in this state and I’m one of them

I was in Trenton I will never be there again for a 3 hour infomercial while Moms Demand Action took all the seats. What has Nappen done other than enrich himself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, remixer said:

It would be nice if we had a Pro2a groups in this state that did not fight with each other. Then it would be easy to have literature for one combined group

Whom am I (we) supposed to be fighting with?  I have no knowledge of any fighting.  Please tell me whom I'm supposed to be mad at, lol!

15 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

It would be nice if we had a Pro2a groups in this state that did not fight with each other. Then it would be easy to have literature for one combined group

13 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Why do you think he was talking about you? :facepalm:

Maks it's because the plural of "Group" was used.  "Phone People" tend to skip-over SH!T & miss so much context on threads like this one (that's more suited for a Ping-Pong table IMHO).

Newbies that read this will get the impression (and rightly so I might add) that 2A "Groups" are fighting when nothing could be further from the truth!  So please don't "lump me in" by association.  If you're chatting about a specific Group, TAG THEM so they can respond.  That brings me to this little Gem:

I often wonder what some folks consider a group to be.  A Facebook page and/or an individual w/o a Board of Trustees to answer to is NOT a Group.  A Group has a checkbook, files IRS forms, has a Secretary, Treasurer, Vice President(s) & a President at MINIMUM.  Records such as tax records are public domain.  501(c) Groups have Bylaws with a Dissolution Amendment to prevent the Executive Board, Committee Chairs & Trustees from dissolving the corporation & running away with the assets.  THAT, gentlemen & ladies constitutes a GROUP.

In general, the Mag Ban has brought much bravado out into the public eye.  I'm still dealing with the fallout both here & on Facebook.  As a volunteer it has taken a LOT out of me.  Maybe I'm being affected by it too somewhat.  I've been around guns for close to a half-century.  Never have I seen so much angst between passionate gun owners.  I think everybody needs to take a breath & CHILL!  Keep in mind most of us agree with each other close to 90% of the time.  The Anti's LOVE it when we eat each other online.  How about we don't play into their trap?????????

Try to have the rest of a nice week, go Christmas shopping, hit the Gin Mill & have yer favorite adult beverage.  The sky hasn't fallen YET!

Signed,

Chicken Little's Grandpa

P.S.:  CNJFO has launched a Matching Funds Campaign for the lawsuit known as Cheeseman-Jillard!  DOUBLE YOUR DOLLARS by donating HERE & get the TAX-DEDUCTIBILITY of your donation:  https://www.cnjfo.com/page-18139 

• Like 5

So you mean to tell me Nappen wants to be paid for his work? Next thing you’ll say is his many staff members too. Or the buildings aren’t free, that’s there is travel expenses, student loans, utilities and for god sake profit. I mean I doubt everyone in here works for free. His daily practice keeps the ball rolling and he jumps on big cases constantly. There are a list of big cases he’s handled in nj.

This is what I meant what I mentioned eating our own

• Like 1

4 hours ago, capt14k said:

Barrett and other companies have refused to sell to NY, NJ, and other Communist States. NJ FFLs can do the same and refuse to sell anything over 10 rounds to anyone.

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

I WOULD LOVE to see all ffl's do this. we all know none of them will, but it would be good if they did.

Here's the problem.  FFLs are usually a LGS, not a Mfg like Barrett.  An FFL refusing to sell standard capacity mags to LE does not help anyone.  First, it would piss off local LE agencies and the cops that work for them.  It would punish the wrong people.  Cops don't make the laws, they just do their jobs. 

The last thing you want to do is marginalize our LEOs.  That is why the state always makes special exemptions for active and retired LE.  It's a small price for the gun hate'n dems to pay so that LE does not turn on them politically.

Secondly, if the FFL does not sell to a cop or agency, then they will just go and buy mags off the internet.  And they will likely take the rest of their business with them. The LGS would get black balled, (or, since we are talking about LE, blue balled, maybe :D ) So, it would ultimately have a negative impact on the LGS.  It just makes it harder for your LGS to stay in business.

Our one and only hope, is for gun owners to sue the state because decent law abiding people are being treated like THIRD class citizens.  Aside from infringing on 2A rights, there is plenty to go for, like equal protection.  And also, undue burden, like having to get (and pay for) a background check for every P2P.  What's the point of that!  If someone already owns 5 handguns, there is literally no legitimate reason for additional scrutiny. You are either in good standing, or you're not, and your local PD will already have dealt with your firearms and FPID if you are not. 

The state is systematically obstructing citizens from enjoying freedoms and exercising rights. Our case will go to SCOTUS when the time is right, hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

So you mean to tell me Nappen wants to be paid for his work?

It's not so much that he is getting paid, but how he goes about drumming up business.  Telling people that cops will be going door to door is unethical.  Then he doubles down with a Kristallnacht reference.  Very uncool.

• Like 4

It's not so much that he is getting paid, but how he goes about drumming up business.  Telling people that cops will be going door to door is unethical.  Then he doubles down with a Kristallnacht reference.  Very uncool.

So you think people will send him money for this? No he makes money when nj charges someone

• Like 1