51 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

what I more expect to happen.. at least once or twice.. just so they can say they are doing something.. is to send a couple of under covers to a range for several hours.. one on the range.. one in the parking lot.. see who fires off more than 10 rounds without a change.. record the plates and follow up down the road.. it would cost very little to do this.. and then could come out and say how they were able to catch these evil illegal magazines keeping you "safer" 

about the gun and mag babysitting... the reason I really don't like this.. (and its OK for them to do whatever they like they are a private business).. but the reason I really dislike this is it sets the tone for the whole.. "if you really just want your guns for sporting purposes.. you can have them but you have to keep them at this "authorized" facility except when you are engaged in an approved activity".. thats my real problem with this place.. 

everyone make sure you pop off 11 in a row.  10 in the mag, 1 in the chamber.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Maksim said:

Over the past few weeks we have seen an increase in the amounts of new shooters visiting the forum, asking questions in anticipation of the December 10th deadline.  On one hand, I don't believe when it comes to gun safety and legality there are stupid questions... such as the topic here... The new gun law and transporting magazines started by @FreeNJ, a new forum member.  And yes... without a doubt... hundreds of thousands of NJ gun owners are going to be criminals on Monday....  

But... are our own 2A "leaders" for the lack of a better word in NJ going a bit overboard with fear mongering?

We talked about this in chat today... and if you have not, you should check out the NJGF Chat.  One thing I mentioned was the daily messages from ANJRPC counting down the days until the mag ban... yes, I know.. Monday... do we need a daily message discussing it and of course a daily plug for a business that will hold those mags for you for a fee per magazine?  (after 12 months of which you are better off just buying new mags).  Again, don't have too many issues.

And then I went on facebook and found this gem...

fear monger.JPG

My response to that is...

jiFfM.jpg

So what do you think?  Overboard?  Or are the black helicopters going door to door for Christmas?  (Too late for Chanukah, tomorrow is the last day).  (Btw.. just don't blame the mag ban on the Jews... or Putin... I beg of you.)

the one you found from mr nappen is what I was referencing in my thread in the 1a. it's one of over a dozen that he's got spread around over there on farcebook. 

below reapproarited from someone on farcebook. 

Six Great Reasons why the Murphy Mag Ban will NEVER be Enforced and Why You Have Nothing to Worry About.
1) NJ respects and honors 2A rights.
2) NJ has a long history of never abusing gun owners.
3) NJ does not have a computerized list of registered gun owners & their registered handguns.
4) NJ's fair and balanced news media would not tolerate it.
5) NJ's totally Democrat controlled government would oppose it and take legislative steps to stop it.
6) NJ law enforcement would rather lose their jobs & pensions, than obey orders and enforce the law.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

below reapproarited from someone on farcebook. 

Six Great Reasons why the Murphy Mag Ban will NEVER be Enforced and Why You Have Nothing to Worry About.
1) NJ respects and honors 2A rights.
2) NJ has a long history of never abusing gun owners.
3) NJ does not have a computerized list of registered gun owners & their registered handguns.
4) NJ's fair and balanced news media would not tolerate it.
5) NJ's totally Democrat controlled government would oppose it and take legislative steps to stop it.
6) NJ law enforcement would rather lose their jobs & pensions, than obey orders and enforce the law.

More fear mongering.....  sell your stuff....just think how less stressful your life will be 

yes we are, and the fear mongering is out of control.  yes, people do face prosecution if they violate the new law.  Much like burglary, robbery or drug dealing.  If you are caught breaking the law, you may/will be prosecuted.  I have seen posts like the one in the forum of people saying the act of owning a firearm capable of accepting a plus ten round mag may be the subject of mass raids.  I have seen posts of people saying i face 114 years in jail and 900k in fines.  What i find sad, is one person I know has knowledge of what is required for a search warrant and still stokes the fires of fear regarding mass raids and the other has a fundamental misunderstanding of sentencing law in NJ and has convinced dozens of others that they too face those types of consequences.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BobA said:

fear monger.JPG

So I guess everyone with a Beretta 92, Sig 226, or any other pistol with an OEM 16+ round mag has already been contacted under the old 15 round limit?    Funny, I never heard anything about that. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, JasonSeidman said:

yes we are, and the fear mongering is out of control.  yes, people do face prosecution if they violate the new law.  Much like burglary, robbery or drug dealing.  If you are caught breaking the law, you may/will be prosecuted.  I have seen posts like the one in the forum of people saying the act of owning a firearm capable of accepting a plus ten round mag may be the subject of mass raids.  I have seen posts of people saying i face 114 years in jail and 900k in fines.  What i find sad, is one person I know has knowledge of what is required for a search warrant and still stokes the fires of fear regarding mass raids and the other has a fundamental misunderstanding of sentencing law in NJ and has convinced dozens of others that they too face those types of consequences.

Rise above and think..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BobA said:

Yup. Or think and rise above. 

Hey, I think we just wrote a tee shirt. 

You’re killing me smalls

4 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

This is just stupid. I've had guns for years that were capable of accepting mags of greater than 15rds and nobody ever came knocking.

Btw... wasn’t the 7th 

jus sayen 

11 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Rise above and think..

Problem is people think what he says is gospel and the only opinion that counts. I’ve had mine written off several times despite my experience, only to have some one say nappen says x, y, or z and everyone immediately believe it, even when wrong. We can lead them to water...

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, JasonSeidman said:

Problem is people think what he says is gospel and the only opinion that counts. I’ve had mine written off several times despite my experience, only to have some one say nappen says x, y, or z and everyone immediately believe it, even when wrong. We can lead them to water...

Can’t fix stupid 

Can fix weak, sorta 

Can’t fix yellow 

17 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Yeah. I forgot to take Hanukkah into account.

Understood 

19 minutes ago, JasonSeidman said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

This is just stupid. I've had guns for years that were capable of accepting mags of greater than 15rds and nobody ever came knocking.

Ahhh, but THIS time it will be different.... according to some here.

1 hour ago, JasonSeidman said:

My friend is county prosecutor.. 2a guy

straight out told me he sucks..

but im not big into trashing people.. that’s “ being a douche”

24 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Ahhh, but THIS time it will be different.... according to some here.

Stupid. The Glock 19, 26, 17, 34, can accept 33rd mags. The Glock 27, 23, 22, 35 can accept 24rd mags. The Beretta 92 can accept 20rd mags. The Sig 226....etc, etc, etc. And this was way before any 10rd limit. You can get 15rd mags for 1911's. They would pretty much have to go after every owned pistol in  NJ. Stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonSeidman said:

You practice criminal law in NJ. Perhaps we should carry your card instead of Nappen's. Do you handle many gun cases?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

You practice criminal law in NJ. Perhaps we should carry your card instead of Nappen's. Do you handle many gun cases?

Yes I do. I handle most if not all of my firms firearm cases. Feel free to keep me in your phone but let’s hope you never, ever, need to call. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, JasonSeidman said:

Yes I do. I handle most if not all of my firms firearm cases. Feel free to keep me in your phone but let’s hope you never, ever, need to call. 

At least you live in NJ, whereas our beloved Nappen and Bach live in New Hampshire.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Stupid. The Glock 19, 26, 17, 34, can accept 33rd mags. The Glock 27, 23, 22, 35 can accept 24rd mags. The Beretta 92 can accept 20rd mags. The Sig 226....etc, etc, etc. And this was way before any 10rd limit. You can get 15rd mags for 1911's. They would pretty much have to go after every owned pistol in  NJ. Stupid.

Fear is the mind killer

• Like 1