Mrs. Peel

Promo video on concealed carry... makes a point about "printing"

OK, Caveat: I know NOTHING about concealed carry, other than what I've seen on YouTube, lol!! Smarter, more knowledgeable people than I will weigh in with their (no doubt superior) opinions.

And yes, this is a promotional video for a company that makes concealed carry items for women. So, of course, it's making an exaggerated point to promote their products. Obviously,  the gal in the video would not carry that way (hmmm… or would she?!).

But, I'm putting it here for your viewing for 2 reasons:

1) most of you will appreciate the semi-striptease by the cute blond (LOL - see how much I know and love you guys?! You're WELCOME!) BTW, she also happens to be an NRA instructor and the owner of the company.

2) seriously, I also think this video (to my non-expert eyes) puts the whole issue of "printing" in perspective. I've read some of the posts on here by people who did conceal carry in other states - and there seems to be a LOT of paranoia about printing. With cell phones and eyeglasses and other non-firearms gear you might stuff in your pockets, is anyone really scrutinizing that closely?... and thinking, "oh, that's definitely a gun!"...? I sort of doubt it. I'm not saying that you shouldn't take great care of course. But again, my reaction to this video was like "wow! who the hell would think she was packin' that much heat?" I suspect your own confident, nonchalant attitude is probably as big a factor as anything.

Here goes: 

• Like 2

Sadly, the women's concealed firearms market is populated with far more snake oil salesmen (women?) then the 100,000 kydex holster makers out there for men.

In other words, be very careful whom you take advice from for concealed carry, if you're a woman.   Some of their ideas and products make a SERPA holster look down right Jesus level safe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sota said:

In other words, be very careful whom you take advice from for concealed carry, if you're a woman. 

Oh, I don't disagree! I've heard similar...  the advice to stay away from the fabric clothing "holsters", the concealed carry purses, etc. And I'm not weighing in on her product line, because again, I don't know enough. If I were serious about doing it myself, I'd do a TON of research... because I'm geeky and safety oriented.

But I DO think it's an interesting exercise in that it shows how well guns can indeed be hidden from view. Frankly, I thought it was more likely that the PHONE was a gun than all the firearms she actually had stashed on her person, LOL. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Why can I see @Ray Ray getting that bra

Listen, we don't judge people around here for their preferences or orientation.  Besides, I personally think there's an untapped market for moob support; after all some times a fella just wants to feel pretty. :D

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sota said:

Listen, we don't judge people around here for their preferences or orientation.  Besides, I personally think there's an untapped market for moob support; after all some times a fella just wants to feel pretty. :D

I bet he’d be simply dashing 

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Oh, I don't disagree! I've heard similar...  the advice to stay away from the fabric clothing "holsters", the concealed carry purses, etc. And I'm not weighing in on her product line, because again, I don't know enough. If I were serious about doing it myself, I'd do a TON of research... because I'm geeky and safety oriented.

But I DO think it's an interesting exercise in that it shows how well guns can indeed be hidden from view. Frankly, I thought it was more likely that the PHONE was a gun than all the firearms she actually had stashed on her person, LOL. 

This video is not a new idea and may have been inspired by a magazine ad.  John Bianchi, a former LA County Sheriff's Deputy IIRC, founded Bianchi Holsters back in the 50s.  He ran an ad in the 80s that showed 2 photos. One was him properly attired in a business suit.  The other was with the jacket removed and the pants legs rolled up to show he was concealing maybe a dozen handguns he was carrying.  All in Bianchi holsters of course.  The caption read, "John Bianchi, Master of Concealment".  All quality leather.  I have Bianchi holsters I bought in the 70s I still use.

Of course I found the video more entertaining.

I think people make too much of the "printing" thing.  I've been carrying concealed for over 40 years and never had an incident where someone had noticed where I was "printing".

Women do have some issues carrying concealed.  Most OWB holsters hold the gun high on the hip.  Women are more often short waisted and/or shorter.  They also have more curve on the hip than men.  I have seen holsters that take those issues into account.  Most OWB concealment holsters put the gun poking the woman in the ribcage many times near the armpit if they are short.

The dozens of women I worked and trained seemed to find a strong side OWB more flexible holster like a pancake or Speed Scabbard worked best.  Maybe a shoulder holster when wearing a suit.  The problem with shoulder holsters for smaller women is many don't adjust small enough to fit them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sota said:

Sadly, the women's concealed firearms market is populated with far more snake oil salesmen (women?) then the 100,000 kydex holster makers out there for men.

In other words, be very careful whom you take advice from for concealed carry, if you're a woman.   Some of their ideas and products make a SERPA holster look down right Jesus level safe.

I can't stand Kydex holsters.  Leather is the only type of CCW holster for me.  I have tried so many Kydex holsters and hate them all.  I have boxes of Alien Gear and many other crap plastic holsters that I hate.

There are almost 2 million permits to carry a concealed weapon in the state of Florida. Florida law does not address "printing". Concealed means just that. "concealed" to cover or remove from plain sight. Unless someone is brandishing a weapon, most people here assume he or she probably has a gun tucked away somewhere.

• Like 1

Regarding printing: think of it as  you are only allowed to open carry. If a cop finds out you have a gun under your shirt he would consider it concealed regardless if it prints or not .In occasions I carry my big beretta FS92 Inox. If you pay attention you might see Im carrying something but wont be sure its a cell phone or other gadget. Fl law does not say anything about printing and I can imagine even other states consider it printing when you CLEARLY could see what UNDOUBTEDLY is a gun. If a cop would have to ask"do you have a gun in there?" thats not printing. In Fl is ok if you accidentally make your gun visible temporary while you take your coat off or your shirt lifts up briefly

I never worry about it

Why was she carrying so many hammers?  Di you notice that, at least with the Glocks, the trigger was forward and the magazines where loaded yet when she racked the slide no ammo came out of the guns?  What good is a carry gun with nothing in the chamber?  

I know this is an old post but I couldn't help but crack up at some of the comments.  I was waiting for her to whip out the Barret 50 Cal at the end for the grand finale.  hehe I get that she was purposely packing all of that to make a point.  It was just funny. I too thought I was watching a magic act at one point.