MichaelDiggs

Scope Expert needed...

Hi there. Finally got my Primary Arms Platinum 1x-8 ACSS Rectile Scope. Glass is super clear and is very forgiving. Down to the problem. The turrets for elevation and windage lift up and then you can turn them. Simple. Low and behold my brother unscrewed just the turret cap and the turret cap came off, no big deal. BUT what I don't understand is how do I know what exact position to put it back in on? Like what mark was it lined up with? Does it matter? I basically want to screw it back on exactly where it was, but that is impossible now, so my question I guess is, how would I take this scope back to like factory defaults with the turning turrrets? I just don't want to slap on the turret before knowing how to put it back on in the right place. Is there a way this can be done? I have not zeroed it yet, so making changes to the turrets is fine with me. Thinking of zeroing it at 50 or 100 yards since I won't be shooting out so darn far. If you know what I mean and think you may know the answer I'd be greatly appreciated. I can always contact Primary Arms and ask them, but I get really good feedback in here sometimes with you guys. Well, take it easy!

scope.jpg

On 12/10/2018 at 6:18 AM, diamondd817 said:

Count the total clicks, divide by 2. Set the turret to 0 on center. Zero it from there. 

First scope?

I don't think that is even necessary.. 

I would advise you to zero the gun.. take BOTH turret caps off.. and put them back on at "0".. that is your zero and then you can work from there if you need to to make adjustments for longer range.. 

* zero the gun at 50 or 100 yards (I prefer 50) 
* take the caps OFF
* put the caps back on with the "0" on the mark

now your reticle AND turrets are all zeroed out.. 

• Agree 1