45Doll

Standard Hexmags Do Not Comply

HexMag won't sell you the spring and anchor to convert to other capacities, I think you can buy the parts from Brownells but honestly, if you don't have the parts....you can't convert it. HexMags have been sold in New Jersey for years by multiple FFL's, plenty only sell just hexmags because they don't want to put in the time or pay someone the labor of pinning magazines for them. Using your logic 10/30 P-Mags aren't compliant either because with enough force you can get the floor plates off and remove the block inside.

Just save yourself the time and don't buy HexMag, they break easily. I had 2 HexMags where the locking tab broke after one range trip. Mags are a perishable item but they shouldn't break that easily. I know 10/30 P-Mags are expensive locally, but you can buy them and a lot of other 10/30 options from GunMag Warehouse....but I recommend using some privacy secure payment method other than using your CC on their site like privacy.com ....I used my CC on their website, 2 days later I got a notification from my CC company that my card had been compromised, use privacy.com and you're good to go. They have a hell of a lot more 10 round options than any other website and for cheaper.

• Like 1

If you have to go buying parts to make the mag work... well that's not part of the magazine. At some point your are manufacturing/remanufacturing a new mag out of parts. IF you remove any part of a compliant hex mag. Without buying a part that is NOT a replacement part for that hexmag, you will not have a reliably functioning magazine. 

28 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I just got a YouTube video sent to me the Channel is called Guns and Gadgets he's Ex LEO he's says in the video that come there next legislative session they will be reintroducing a 5 round magazine limit

That bill is already written, and sitting in the bullpen, ready to be called. We've already saw it. They also have a bill already written that doesn't allow one evil feature, so it basically will try to eliminate most semi-auto.

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

That bill is already written, and sitting in the bullpen, ready to be called. We've already saw it. They also have a bill already written that doesn't allow one evil feature, so it basically will try to eliminate most semi-auto.

Agreed. They even introduced the 5 and 10 round limit last January then only moved the 10-round forward. Apparently they’re also cowards, waiting for another state to push 5 first, or a tragedy of suitable gnashing. 

47 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Agreed. They even introduced the 5 and 10 round limit last January then only moved the 10-round forward. Apparently they’re also cowards, waiting for another state to push 5 first, or a tragedy of suitable gnashing. 

Waiting on the courts for their 10 agenda

Just now, Zeke said:

Waiting on the courts for their 10 agenda

I was thinking the opposite. Could the state’s case while defending the 10 round limit be used against them to challenge the 5?  “But you just said 10 was enough?!”-type thing. 

This is a case of reading the exact words and taking them literally.

A magazine that can take more than 10 rounds may be MODIFIED to be limited to 10 rounds. That modification must be permanent.

Hexmag 10/30 mags cannot take more than 10 rounds so there is no modification needed. If there is no modification there can be no distinction between permanent or not.

With muzzle brakes, they must be permanently attached via a pin or welding, etc to make them part of the barrel. Otherwise they are an accessory ATTACHED to the barrel and the barrel itself is still threaded on the end. It's the threaded barrel that is illegal, not the possibility of changing the muzzle device to a flash hider. Think of it like a 14.5" barrel on a rifle. It is illegal regardless of whether it is threaded or not. If you add a 2" brake just by screwing it on the barrel is still 14.5" long and still illegal. If you permanently attached the brake the barrel is now 16.5" long and no longer threaded.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

This a case of reading the exact words and taking them literally.

A magazine that can take more than 10 rounds may be MODIFIED to be limited to 10 rounds. That modification must be permanent.

Hexmag 10/30 mags cannot take more than 10 rounds so there is no modification needed. If there is no modification there can be no distinction between permanent or not.

I wish the Courts would rule on the 2nd amendment like that..

As in Shall not be infringed 

Funny thing is, “barrel threading to accept a suppressor” is an evil feature, but there are so many muzzle brakes that are made for quick connect for suppressors and don’t have threads at all. So if you got a buddy out of state with a compatible suppressor, go there and have fun.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

Funny thing is, “barrel threading to accept a suppressor” is an evil feature, but there are so many muzzle brakes that are made for quick connect for suppressors and don’t have threads at all. So if you got a buddy out of state with a compatible suppressor, go there and have fun.

Like surefire?

If they thought they could get away with a 5-round limit then they would have skipped 10 and gone right to that. Both bills were submitted at the same time. 

No other state has attempted or successfully held a limit < 10. NY tried and it got shot down.   Our state is a bunch of cowards and weren’t willing to stick their neck out that far. 

54 minutes ago, Wrigs4095 said:

I'm complying at the 10 round limit sold all my 15 rounders and replaced with 10 round mags i lost hundreds and cost me hundreds more to replace they go lower than that and I'm done complying !!

Red line?

36 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

If they thought they could get away with a 5-round limit then they would have skipped 10 and gone right to that. Both bills were submitted at the same time. 

No other state has attempted or successfully held a limit < 10. NY tried and it got shot down.   Our state is a bunch of cowards and weren’t willing to stick their neck out that far. 

Ha! Ny did not appeal the 7. Timing. Plaintiff wins no moving forward jus like DC and good reason.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Boiling frog syndrome.

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

No other state has attempted or successfully held a limit < 10. NY tried and it got shot down.   Our state POPULATION is a bunch of cowards and weren’t willing to stick their neck out that far.

There, fixed it for you.

Which is why they'll jamb the 5 round through, they're just waiting for the right crisis, so they can pass it based on "emotions". They won't get any push back from the plebes for 5, just like they didn't for 15, or 10, or ....

Murphy will push forward and set the bar. He's already said he wants to lead the nation in progressive new gun laws. They don't give a crap if we're down to single shot derringers.

Remember this saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time". This is the plan for NJ.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:07 PM, Lord_Fudd said:

HexMag won't sell you the spring and anchor to convert to other capacities, I think you can buy the parts from Brownells but honestly, if you don't have the parts....you can't convert it. HexMags have been sold in New Jersey for years by multiple FFL's, plenty only sell just hexmags because they don't want to put in the time or pay someone the labor of pinning magazines for them. Using your logic 10/30 P-Mags aren't compliant either because with enough force you can get the floor plates off and remove the block inside.

Just save yourself the time and don't buy HexMag, they break easily. I had 2 HexMags where the locking tab broke after one range trip. Mags are a perishable item but they shouldn't break that easily. I know 10/30 P-Mags are expensive locally, but you can buy them and a lot of other 10/30 options from GunMag Warehouse....but I recommend using some privacy secure payment method other than using your CC on their site like privacy.com ....I used my CC on their website, 2 days later I got a notification from my CC company that my card had been compromised, use privacy.com and you're good to go. They have a hell of a lot more 10 round options than any other website and for cheaper.

10/30 pmags aren’t the way to go.  10/30 usgi metal mags are.  Especially when you get 10rd 458 socom mags with the 458 socom follower.   Just make sure you have equal numbers of each. 

Oh this is all fun. During my last PA visit I did open a Glock 17 15-round magazine, found the two round spring block mentioned elsewhere, and promptly removed it. Now I just need to find out if there's a reduced size spring in there that should be replaced with a 17-round spring, or not. Didn't have time to compare.

All those 15-rounders will be converted. UP! :icon_twisted: