runcibleman

NJSP won't rule out door-to-door for banned mags

1 minute ago, Indianajonze said:

this is great. we should all call njsp and the governor's office hourly and ask about this new law. i'm confused and need clarification. hourly. for the next 6 months or so

But but but! You’ll be on ... a list

They aren't going door to door, but imagine one anti-2A Chief wants to get in the news - all he has to do is look up a few FPID holders in his town and send a uniform over to ask questions. Have the press cover it or issue a press release. No warrant, no search -- just a "friendly" visit. Imagine the chill that would send down everyone's spine when the word got out.

Or how about the NJSP decides to visit a range and just do a safety/compliance walk through? 

Far-fetched possibilities? Maybe. Most likely scenarios to put anyone in danger would probably be a domestic call or some other incident that puts you under suspicion. So don't fight with your wife, kids or neighbors. And get rid of those >10 mags. It's not worth it.

The friendly visit from local leo yea that would be a bit surprising yes.. chilling no... it would backfire on them severely.  The negativity of how that would look would have a greater impact to our views than theirs.

and as far as ranges... when your at a range ... your surrounded by leo's already .. customers, RO's etc .. you just dont know it because there not wearing their uniforms.

• Like 1

NJSP just clarified their statement, stating in fact, they have no plans of going door to door looking for mags. Just as those of us who are not conspiracy nuts thought. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/nj-state-police-no-plans-to-go-door-to-door-to-enforce-magazine-ban/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SIGMan Freud said:

They aren't going door to door, but imagine one anti-2A Chief wants to get in the news - all he has to do is look up a few FPID holders in his town and send a uniform over to ask questions. Have the press cover it or issue a press release. No warrant, no search -- just a "friendly" visit. Imagine the chill that would send down everyone's spine when the word got out.

Or how about the NJSP decides to visit a range and just do a safety/compliance walk through? 

Far-fetched possibilities? Maybe. Most likely scenarios to put anyone in danger would probably be a domestic call or some other incident that puts you under suspicion. So don't fight with your wife, kids or neighbors. And get rid of those >10 mags. It's not worth it.

lol...I say 'get lost' and shut the door and if anyone does anything other than that then you are a complete moron

23 minutes ago, Lord_Fudd said:

A friendly visit would result in a friendly good bye if there’s no warrant.

friendly????  they are wasting my time, their time, my money and resources of the taxpayer and you want a friendly good bye?  how about......GET LOST...

seriously people, they work for us........

23 hours ago, Kawi7 said:

They will enforce it the same way they did the 15 round limit..  

To the best of my knowledge they never did go door to door when they imposed the 15 round limit in NJ rather if you were caught with a magazine that could hold 15+ rounds you would be in trouble.

2 minutes ago, photon guy said:

To the best of my knowledge they never did go door to door when they imposed the 15 round limit in NJ rather if you were caught with a magazine that could hold 15+ rounds you would be in trouble.

The point was they did not proactively go out to enforce the law then and it will most likely be the same now.. 

Proactively trying to enforce the 10 round magazine limit isn’t easy like sending some cops out to enforce the speed limit, nor as cheap and profitable..

If the government wants to send a message or set an example, it won’t be going door to door. They’re headed to the range, because that’s the easiest and most cost effective spot to find what they’re looking for.

The most likley scenario would be the State Police or some task force organized to go check out some ranges.. They would do it the same way they stake out bars for ABC violations, but instead of targeting under age drinkers and such, they would look for people that have visible non compliant mags. The 30 round mag bodies would probably bring the most attention to someone at the range.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

lol...I say 'get lost' and shut the door and if anyone does anything other than that then you are a complete moron

friendly????  they are wasting my time, their time, my money and resources of the taxpayer and you want a friendly good bye?  how about......GET LOST...

seriously people, they work for us........

let me reiterate, if they don't take my friendly goodbye to heart and they stick around snooping my property, they'll find out.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I'm sorry, did people actually think the cops were going knock on your door, force themselves into your house?

51 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Yes....  well nappen suggested it

40 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

no, Nappen was using hyperbole

cmon people

If it was just one post... I would get it... but there as hourly posts suggesting it, suggesting gun owners are now to expect police contact over their magazines.

Others then really pushed the message claiming police were going to use their lists to see who has more than 15 round magazines.

A few others even suggested the police were going to make up excuses to bust into your house and search for magazines.  

These folks are not "nobodys" but fairly active people in the NJ 2A facebook groups. 

17 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

Proactively trying to enforce the 10 round magazine limit isn’t easy like sending some cops out to enforce the speed limit, nor as cheap and profitable..

If the government wants to send a message or set an example, it won’t be going door to door. They’re headed to the range, because that’s the easiest and most cost effective spot to find what they’re looking for.

The most likley scenario would be the State Police or some task force organized to go check out some ranges.. They would do it the same way they stake out bars for ABC violations, but instead of targeting under age drinkers and such, they would look for people that have visible non compliant mags. The 30 round mag bodies would probably bring the most attention to someone at the range.. 

What does a visibly non compliant mag look like?

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

If it was just one post... I would get it... but there as hourly posts suggesting it, suggesting gun owners are now to expect police contact over their magazines.

Others then really pushed the message claiming police were going to use their lists to see who has more than 15 round magazines.

A few others even suggested the police were going to make up excuses to bust into your house and search for magazines.  

These folks are not "nobodys" but fairly active people in the NJ 2A facebook groups. 

Forget gun laws, the state would go bankrupt fighting civil rights violations.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

If legislators are smart... they are not going to push this because going down to 5 rounds would invetiably bring A LOT more activist money in from outside the borders.

What I can see a push for and actually sticking is a background check for Ammo, ala California. 

5 round mag limits I think would be a dead on arrival issue. 

Just now, JackDaWack said:

Forget gun laws, the state would go bankrupt fighting civil rights violations.

Tinfoil hats however block logic along with the alien and government control signals. 

12 minutes ago, Maksim said:

If legislators are smart... they are not going to push this because going down to 5 rounds would invetiably bring A LOT more activist money in from outside the borders.

What I can see a push for and actually sticking is a background check for Ammo, ala California. 

5 round mag limits I think would be a dead on arrival issue. 

Tinfoil hats however block logic along with the alien and government control signals. 

Really.....IMO, we're on our own....that's why we're in this mess.  Hmmm....get ready to become Barney Fife....with one in your pocket.

6 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Really.....IMO, we're on our own....that's why we're in this mess.  Hmmm....get ready to become Barney Fife....with one in your pocket.

But this is NJ.

The facts are, there are more anti-gun people in NJ than pro-gun.  Nothing can change until we shift the amount of people which are okay with guns.  We do that by getting more people to the range and not making ourselves look like extremist tinfoil hat wearing people. 

Otherwise, we have to wait for the Supreme Court. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

That would be for the State Police to figure out.. Same as how can they know If a muzzle break or an adjustable stock is pinned without handling the weapon..

So what are the cops gonna do at a range then? 

My question was rhetoric, there is nothing to figure out. There is no way for anyone to know if a mag is compliant just by looking at it. 

Like you said, same as pinned features on a semiautomatic. It's just more fear mongering.

• Like 1