runcibleman

NJSP won't rule out door-to-door for banned mags

24 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

The easiest way to check would be watch and count if someone shoots 12 without a reload.. 

That would literally be the only way. 

By all means, have fun trying to count gun fire in a packed range where you're concealed in a port. 

40 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

The easiest way to check would be watch and count if someone shoots 12 without a reload.. 

I imagine you will see as many police at ranges counting more than 11 shots as you did at ranges trying counting more than 16 shots.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

That would literally be the only way. 

By all means, have fun trying to count gun fire in a packed range where you're concealed in a port. 

I didn’t say I would be doing the counting, just stating one way it could be done..

8 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

I imagine you will see as many police at ranges counting more than 11 shots as you did at ranges trying counting more than 16 shots.

Exactly... 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, Maksim said:

This is a sensationalist headline meant for nothing more than page views and fear mongering.  They are basing it on one quote out of a previous comment, which we discussed in another thread.

There is NOTHING there that says they are planning on going door to door.

Of course, the NJSP cannot say they are not going to do something as it is not their call. 

Actually, it's not. What it is is activism. Faced with a bullshit law with no way to enforce it uniformly. They asked how it will be enforced and got no comment. So rather than let uncertainty work solely for the assholes in Trenton, they said something that that statement encompasses. NJSP had definitely not stated they wouldn't be going door to door. That is a much more emotionally powerful statement AND it happens to be true. Bonus, the only way out of it being out there and being demonstrably true is for NJSP to make some statement about their plans for enforcement. So admit you plan to enforce it arbitrarily, or wear the jack booted thug label while wearing your NJSP standard issue knock-off Nazi uniform. 

8 hours ago, MrSurfboard said:

NJSP just clarified their statement, stating in fact, they have no plans of going door to door looking for mags. Just as those of us who are not conspiracy nuts thought. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/nj-state-police-no-plans-to-go-door-to-door-to-enforce-magazine-ban/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

And gee look what happened. 

Breitbart is definitely sensationalist at times, but in this case the author of the article did a good job on spin IMO. 

Actually, this places them in a great place for the SCOTUS appeals... 

This new gun law is supposed to "make us safer" at the cost of diminishing a right. If the state can't generally describe the effectiveness of enforcing it, to prevent mass shootings.. that is another brick pulled from the democrats anti-gun wall. 

Maybe there is an end goal here... get the state to admit they can't actually do anything.... that is until something already happens...which by then is too late for the "greater safety of us all" line.

1 minute ago, JackDaWack said:

Actually, this places them in a great place for the SCOTUS appeals... 

This new gun law is supposed to "make us safer" at the cost of diminishing a right. If the state can't generally describe the effectiveness of enforcing it... that is another brick pulled from the democrats anti-gun wall. 

Jenga Puzzle (fixed it for you)!  And yes, you're of course correct in your thinking.  The more arbitrary, insane, stupid things are proven to be, the greater the chance for RELIEF!  

Speaking of relief, my bladder can use some about now :) 

• Like 1

I just received the e-mail from ANJRPC Nappen on "what to do" when they come knocking. 

This sounds more of what i would expect from him, but again it seems like a big Ad for his book. Now, all the info is in the email that is important, and he even admits the chances of a knock knock are slim, but suggests the realities are there for it to happen through more legal means.

I dunno, maybe this was their campaign to "scare" everyone into getting involved. I still don't approve the way it was handled. 

http://www.evannappen.com/knock-knock-show-us-your-glock.html

30 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

Actually, it's not. What it is is activism. Faced with a bullshit law with no way to enforce it uniformly. They asked how it will be enforced and got no comment. So rather than let uncertainty work solely for the assholes in Trenton, they said something that that statement encompasses. NJSP had definitely not stated they wouldn't be going door to door. That is a much more emotionally powerful statement AND it happens to be true. Bonus, the only way out of it being out there and being demonstrably true is for NJSP to make some statement about their plans for enforcement. So admit you plan to enforce it arbitrarily, or wear the jack booted thug label while wearing your NJSP standard issue knock-off Nazi uniform. 

And gee look what happened. 

Breitbart is definitely sensationalist at times, but in this case the author of the article did a good job on spin IMO. 

They did state they are not going door to door. 

Breitbard corrected and updated their article. 

13 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I just received the e-mail from ANJRPC Nappen on "what to do" when they come knocking. 

This sounds more of what i would expect from him, but again it seems like a big Ad for his book. Now, all the info is in the email that is important, and he even admits the chances of a knock knock are slim, but suggests the realities are there for it to happen through more legal means.

I dunno, maybe this was their campaign to "scare" everyone into getting involved. I still don't approve the way it was handled. 

http://www.evannappen.com/knock-knock-show-us-your-glock.html

Yes... still a bit misleading... or at least they need to update the site, they are citing a corrected article.

In either case... why is it called a Murphy Mag now?  Sounds kinda stupid.

But THIS is the information that should have been posted, something that is actually educational.

Not telling people the police are coming. 

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

But this is NJ.

The facts are, there are more anti-gun people in NJ than pro-gun.  Nothing can change until we shift the amount of people which are okay with guns.  We do that by getting more people to the range and not making ourselves look like extremist tinfoil hat wearing people. 

Otherwise, we have to wait for the Supreme Court. 

IMO......your kiddin' yourself....this is why were here......no plan by no one.....nothin'.

• Like 1

c6a7f366396f0e30b1a52a3f5fd331d8.jpg

All of you right now that seriously believe this is going to happen and your paranoia of the use of social media. Combing social media and going door to door looking for magazine greater than 10 rounds is as much of a priority for law enforcement as finding your lost wallet.

Go out in public, wave your piece around on main st with a magazine greater than 10 rounds, then you’ll get that charge added to your list of crimes committed that go with carrying a gun in public. I mean it’s so easy to get your CCW here, right?

1 minute ago, xXxplosive said:

IMO......your kiddin' yourself....this is why were here......no plan by no one.....nothin'.

Well, it is part of ANJRPC's mission and part of Cherry Ridge range.

Then throughout the times you did have 2A groups try to do that, in the last 15 years I recall NJCSD, NJ2AS and now CNJFO.  I think CNJFO is the most dedicated to the goal of changing through perception of guns.  This is also one of the reasons I created the forum almost 10 years ago.  We got plenty of new shooters in.  We just need to do a lot more.

I used to attend the meetings with the NRA and State of NJ back in the early 90's in Clinton Twp. just before the NRA deemed NJ a lost cause.....man were they ever spot on....it's been down hill ever since, almost 30 yrs worth. What your suggesting is ridiculous at this point, IMO. Unfortunately all the money you donate or the clubs you join won't make a dent here....NJ has been run by the State Authority ever since I can remember and that's awhile and it's not changing, haven't you noticed.

Highest Insurance rates, taxes, permits, fees and alike.....ya can't do anything here unless someone tells you it's alright first and how much it's going to cost.....so tell me, who's kiddin' who.

Join your clubs, keep electing and  payin' NJ Lawyers like Nappin......ya don't even know when your being takin' advantage of....it's over......get a new plan and new people, the old one don't work.....OMO.

9 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

I used to attend the meetings with the NRA and State of NJ back in the early 90's in Clinton Twp. just before the NRA deemed NJ a lost cause.....man were they ever spot on....it's been down hill ever since, almost 30 yrs worth. What your suggesting is ridiculous at this point, IMO. Unfortunately all the money you donate or the clubs you join won't make a dent here....NJ has been run by the State Authority ever since I can remember and that's awhile and it's not changing, haven't you noticed.

Highest Insurance rates, taxes, permits, fees and alike.....ya can't do anything here unless someone tells you it's alright first and how much it's going to cost.....so tell me, who's kiddin' who.

Join your clubs, keep electing and  payin' NJ Lawyers like Nappin......it's over.

Hence why I moved! 

I still don't think it is a 100% lost cause....  

Very likely however.

I don't think that gun laws will get better... I just don't think they will get much worse. 

It's not a lost cause, the problem is that the Supreme Court has punted on way too many to a cases. I don't think that is going to be the case now with our maturity and hopefully Ginsberg die soon and then we can just run roughshod  through all of this nonsense. The state of New Jersey has relented every time they thought they were going to lose and it's important now that we continue fighting at every Court opportunity because the courts are now being loaded with conservatives and 2A supporters

Also gun clubs in this state need to have open days where we can bring more people into the fold. They need classes and advertising for those classes so that more women and children go. The real problem is the way that gun rights have been marketed and the NRA and other groups had failed miserably there. We should not allow liberals to frame the debate. I'm tired of hearing the bogus statistics on gun violence and instead we should be hearing about nothing but stories where guns saved lives and we should have a little old lady out there talking about how she was going to be raped or her daughter was going to be raped or her children were going to be killed but the gun save them.

• Like 2

It's not a lost cause, the problem is that the Supreme Court has punted on way too many to a cases. I don't think that is going to be the case now with our maturity and hopefully Ginsberg die soon and then we can just run roughshod  through all of this nonsense. The state of New Jersey has relented every time they thought they were going to lose and it's important now that we continue fighting at every Court opportunity because the courts are now being loaded with conservatives and 2A supporters

This is the attitude people need to have. xXxplosive stop sounding like a fudd.

1 hour ago, myhatinthering said:

The Supreme Court will NOT take a 2A case, even if they had a 7-2 majority.

Think for a second, do you really think those judges want to be treated the same way Kavanaugh was treated by the Democrats, with all type of death threats and other bodily harm against themselves and their families.

They'll punt every time so they don't have to be subject to the crazy antics of the Anti-2A group.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

I don't think that gun laws will get better... I just don't think they will get much worse. 

Apparently you missed Murphy's statement that he will have Anti guns laws V2.0 in the near future. He ain't close to being done.

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

I just don't think they will get much worse. 

Two days after a mass shooting at a Pittsburgh synagogue left 11 people dead, Gov. Phil Murphy on Monday began a new push to make New Jersey's already-strict gun-control laws even tougher. 

The Democratic governor said he'll work with the Democrat-controlled state Legislature to enact a second round of new gun laws just months after signing a package of six laws in June.

Murphy called it "gun-safety package 2.0."

https://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2018/10/murphy_wants_even_tighter_gun_laws_in_nj_after_pit.html

13 hours ago, MrSurfboard said:

NJSP just clarified their statement, stating in fact, they have no plans of going door to door looking for mags. Just as those of us who are not conspiracy nuts thought. 

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/nj-state-police-no-plans-to-go-door-to-door-to-enforce-magazine-ban/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

NJSP may not have any plans yet. You can bet your a$$ Weinberg, Murphy and Grewal do.

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Think for a second, do you really think those judges want to be treated the same way Kavanaugh was treated by the Democrats, with all type of death threats and other bodily harm against themselves and their families.

But the Democrat crowd, or at least the gun control crowd doesn't like violence. It doesn't make sense they would resort to death threats and bodily harm.

19 hours ago, Maksim said:

They did state they are not going door to door. 

Breitbard corrected and updated their article. 

Yeah I linked that. 

My point is would you have gotten that statement, for what it is worth, without putting words in their mouth? 

One of the problems we have with RKBA activism in this state is we are reactive at best and do that poorly in general. We are very poor at making the system react to us. This is an example of a way of doing that. To put the worst possible spin on shit they do, and force them to do something to make that seem less true. 

I'd equally welcome someone demonstrating how to motivate the rank and file effectively too. I suspect a big part of the problem is that between the cost of living and overpopulation NJ is just a fiscal and mental grinder that has people jsut trying to get through the day rather than make long term plans. 

21 hours ago, Kawi7 said:

Yes, but it will be easy to spot any cops attempting to do this.  

They’ll have one shoe off. 

:-)

• Like 2