shooter28

Poly80 Build

9 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Got some more parts installed. Now that I have sights, Im hoping I get a chance to shoot it this weekend.

Ameriglo Suppressor height sights. Single orange/green dot up front, blacked out rear. 

Tactical Pontoon Trigger- this thing is awesome. Ranger Proof trigger shoe, adjustable over travel, Ghost edge 3.5Lb connector, polished trigger bar. There is basically no uptake in the trigger. I might see if I can tighten it up a bit more. Very short, crisp reset as well. 

32071113437_213b4679db_b.jpg

47012347211_797a041064_b.jpg

Make sure you are not disengaging the internal safeties (drop safety, striker safety) of the gun as you “tighten up” the trigger. That slop is there for a reason and is part of the gun. If you are not sure that it retains the safety standards of an OEM trigger and trigger bar, please, seek the help of a professional. 

I don’t know that trigger, and I’ve never heard of the company before, but you may run into safety issues when tuning an adjustable Glock trigger.

Good Luck!

6 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

Make sure you are not disengaging the internal safeties (drop safety, striker safety) of the gun as you “tighten up” the trigger. That slop is there for a reason and is part of the gun. If you are not sure that it retains the safety standards of an OEM trigger and trigger bar, please, seek the help of a professional. 

I don’t know that trigger, and I’ve never heard of the company before, but you may run into safety issues when tuning an adjustable Glock trigger.

Good Luck!

All safeties are maintained. It’s one of the main things I was looking for in an aftermarket trigger. After installing it, I double checked to make sure everything worked correctly and we are all set. 

I found out about this company from a couple popular glock youtubers. It was compared to the Apex and Overwatch kits and they said the Pontoon Elite Marksmen trigger was actually better. If we see each other at one of Joe’s classes this year, you can try it out. 

https://tacticalpontoon.com/

On 2/7/2019 at 9:09 AM, shooter28 said:

Got some more parts installed. Now that I have sights, Im hoping I get a chance to shoot it this weekend.

Ameriglo Suppressor height sights. Single orange/green dot up front, blacked out rear. 

Tactical Pontoon Trigger- this thing is awesome. Ranger Proof trigger shoe, adjustable over travel, Ghost edge 3.5Lb connector, polished trigger bar. There is basically no uptake in the trigger. I might see if I can tighten it up a bit more. Very short, crisp reset as well. 

32071113437_213b4679db_b.jpg

47012347211_797a041064_b.jpg

Ever consider a career as a hand model?

BTW those poly glock lowers are pretty nice.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, remixer said:

Ever consider a career as a hand model?

BTW those poly glock lowers are pretty nice.

Haha they arent pretty enough.

Polymer80 really did a nice job. Ive never been a Glock guy due to the way they sit in my hand but this feels great. 

1 hour ago, Bully said:

This came out awesome.  I'm also not much of a "Glock Guy" but something like this could convince me.  

Nice work.

Thanks man.

Took it out shooting the other day and experienced some good and bad. 

The good:

The trigger gets even crisper when a loaded mag is inserted. The little bit of mush when approaching the wall pretty much disappears when loaded. I really love this trigger. Ameriglo sights are super easy to pick up. Recoil feels good and the gun falls back down on target very nicely. 

The bad:

Lots of failure to extract. I think the problem was due to the billet extractor. With the cerakote on the slide, the billet extract was very tight and not freely moving in the extractor slot. I dropped the factory extractor in when I got home and it fits much better so hopefully that cures my issue. 

7 hours ago, shooter28 said:

Thanks man.

Took it out shooting the other day and experienced some good and bad. 

The good:

The trigger gets even crisper when a loaded mag is inserted. The little bit of mush when approaching the wall pretty much disappears when loaded. I really love this trigger. Ameriglo sights are super easy to pick up. Recoil feels good and the gun falls back down on target very nicely. 

The bad:

Lots of failure to extract. I think the problem was due to the billet extractor. With the cerakote on the slide, the billet extract was very tight and not freely moving in the extractor slot. I dropped the factory extractor in when I got home and it fits much better so hopefully that cures my issue. 

Cool. Good luck with it. 

On 3/11/2019 at 7:19 AM, Bully said:

Just out of curiosity, what's the primary purpose of this pistol?  Just a fun project/blaster?  Are you planning to run it in some games?  HD?  

Not entirely sure at the moment. It started as just a fun project/f*k you to NJ. I’d definitely be interested in running it in games. I wanted to start IDPA type stuff last year just ended up getting real busy but I’m hoping this year is different. Maybe one day it will be a HD gun since it can acccept a light and will have a RDS soon but I wan to put a lot more rounds thru it before it fills that role. 

26 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Not entirely sure at the moment. It started as just a fun project/f*k you to NJ. I’d definitely be interested in running it in games. I wanted to start IDPA type stuff last year just ended up getting real busy but I’m hoping this year is different. Maybe one day it will be a HD gun since it can acccept a light and will have a RDS soon but I wan to put a lot more rounds thru it before it fills that role. 

Gotcha.  I look forward to watching this build evolve.  I hope you continue to update.