FedUpWithNJ

I complied. But they put up a heck of a fight.

So you prepared and bought firearms and magazines to stave off tyranny only to comply with tyrannical forces when tyranny infringes on your actual right? Why even buy guns and accessories in the first place if you're simply going to destroy the very items that help defend against over reach... I just don't get it. Maybe it's just me.. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 12/13/2018 at 8:32 AM, Howard said:

I wonder if before you destroyed them (actually I think you are joking as it would be very easy to cut them with a Sawsall) did you open them and see they were probably illegal in NJ even before the law change.  The 15 round Glock mags are really just 17 round mags without the two last inspection holes and with a free floating plastic block in them.  The basepads are not epoxied in place so anyone can open them and remove that block and they are instantly 17 round mags.  I wonder how Glock got away selling them in NJ when if you or I put a free floating block in a 17 round mag we would have been considered felons if we had not epoxied the basepad.

And how many got caught and charged??????

:)

thats why the mag law is BS..

• Agree 1

On 12/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, FedUpWithNJ said:

1. I know my local police chief personally, so why would I engage in a dickish move like that? He doesn't agree with the ban any more than I do.
  2. There actually wasn't an easy way to turn them in, otherwise I would have taken that route. You were required to notify your local police chief in writing, and find a mutually agreeable date and time on which to hand them over, all in advance.
  3. Easy for you to advocate non-compliance. A conviction means loss of the right to own firearms everywhere forever, not to mention loss of livelihood in my case.

How would they have caught you?

It is situations and discussion threads like this one that help us decide what is really important in our lives.  Yes, laws like this one basically serve no purpose except to spank law abiding citizens, some of which are more fearful of the government than others.   There does appear to be a very fine line between being fearful and being responsible, which I think individuals get a better understanding of when we get put in difficult situations. 

It is frustrating to have to turn in, destroy, modify, or even store things in another state for a unknown period of time.  It is frustrating to be in a state where if change in our favor is possible, it will probably take a long time.  I think venting and sharing is good and appropriate, but it is my hope that we can gain a better understanding of ourselves through this stuff.

29 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

It is frustrating to have to turn in, destroy, modify, or even store things in another state for a unknown period of time.  It is frustrating to be in a state where if change in our favor is possible, it will probably take a long time.  I think venting and sharing is good and appropriate, but it is my hope that we can gain a better understanding of ourselves through this stuff.

At what point do the law abiding citizens and patriots push back against this government over-reach? Or, will these same citizens just continue to roll over and take it, year after year?

Where's the line in the sand?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Sniper said:

At what point do the law abiding citizens and patriots push back against this government over-reach? Or, will these same citizens just continue to roll over and take it, year after year?

Where's the line in the sand?

Are you asking me because you do not know or are you asking the question to have newer, less experienced people get into legal trouble on a public forum for wanting to overthrow the government?  The same people that maybe Ms Peel was referring to, to try to educate and train them in the hope' of one day actually having a larger voting bloc of gun owners in this state?  I get your question, I just dont want to see unsuspecting gun owners or maybe just people on this forum get set up.  In a state where I feel like we are the smallest minority, this thread has been rather negative.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

Are you asking me because you do not know or are you asking the question to have newer, less experienced people get into legal trouble on a public forum for wanting to overthrow the government? 

Wanting your constitution rights given back to you is "overthrowing the government"?    Really?

This is the dilemma we're in, too many are willing to roll over and give in. Little by little, we are becoming Venezuela, but since the heat is only being turned up slowly, very few have their eyes open.

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

I get your question, I just dont want to see unsuspecting gun owners or maybe just people on this forum get set up.  In a state where I feel like we are the smallest minority, this thread has been rather negative.

If you're going to worry about what's being posted on an anonymous Internet forum, maybe just stay under your bed, it's safer there. EVERYTHING you already do is being tracked, worrying about what's being posted here is the least of your worries.

It's takes a 3% "involvement" to make permanent changes. Are there 3% in this state willing to stop the tyranny and get their God given Rights back as outlined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights? That's the real question.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Wanting your constitution rights given back to you is "overthrowing the government"?    Really?

This is the dilemma we're in, too many are willing to roll over and give in. Little by little, we are becoming Venezuela, but since the heat is only being turned up slowly, very few have their eyes open.

If you're going to worry about what's being posted on an anonymous Internet forum, maybe just stay under your bed, it's safer there. EVERYTHING you already do is being tracked, worrying about what's being posted here is the least of your worries.

It's takes a 3% "involvement" to make permanent changes. Are there 3% in this state willing to stop the tyranny and get their God given Rights back as outlined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights? That's the real question.

You are the one who made the vague statement about Patriots pushing back, not me.  You also made the assumption in your response that I am the one rolling over.  If I am wrong about that assumption, then that is good for both of us.  I'm pretty sure we probably see eye to eye on this thread issue before it started.  I don't think my original post was complacent, so I am a little puzzled why there is this hard "draw the line" response.  I am trying to be supportive in a state where I doubt we are yet at that three percent.  I hope I'm wrong about that.

3 hours ago, father-of-three said:

You are the one who made the vague statement about Patriots pushing back, not me.  You also made the assumption in your response that I am the one rolling over. 

My statement was a general question to if there were any Patriots left. The "you" was just a generic "everyone" reference, not you specifically.

I don't think my original post was complacent, so I am a little puzzled why there is this hard "draw the line" response. 

The "drawn line" question was to see if anyone has actually considered that. Due to lack of any other responses in the thread, I can only surmise others will just bend over and take it in the shorts AGAIN, when Murphy signs the 5 round mag law and the semi-auto ban. They don't have any line in the sand.

Maybe when we get back to muskets, they will.

I am trying to be supportive in a state where I doubt we are yet at that three percent.  I hope I'm wrong about that.

Actually, you're probably right. We might be at the 0.001 percent level at this point.

• Like 1