Mrs. Peel

New Year's Pro-2A Resolutions!

With the onslaught of negativity riled up by this 10-round magazine cap, I thought it might be good to harness that energy into something positive. So, would you join me in stating your 2019 pro-2A New Year's resolutions? Here's mine - I'm putting them in writing so that I'm accountable - and I intend to report back on my progress:

1. I've been trying to distribute CNJFO pamphlets at various FFLs in Hunterdon/Somerset/Warren and nearby PA ranges. I'm lagging on that badly due to some pressing family issues I had the last couple of months, but I'm going to knock out the rest of the list in January and then keep them supplied year-round. You can all piss and moan about our state's 2A orgs, but I think the more people that join any of NJ's 2A orgs the better off we are. It funds education, recruitment, lawsuits and the like. I think they could use people distributing pamphlets in other areas, too - ask @Smokin .50 if you can have a little time to do that and live in a different region than me.
  2. I'm going to keep up my current memberships and add 2 more. I'm currently NRA (lifetime), ANJRPC & CNFJO, but I will rejoin The Well-Armed Woman (TWAW) which had lapsed and also join Second Amendment Women (SAW). Last count, TWAW had 4 or 5 chapters in the state, and SAW had 2-3 - they are both growing like gangbusters. More women in the shooting sports is imperative! People, 2A memberships are cheap, there's NO EXCUSE not to join several.
  3. I'm going to challenge myself to be an "open 2A advocate" who's transparent about my gun ownership. Right now, I hide it like it's a mortal sin (LOL) - that's going to stop. I will form a habit of inviting people to the range. My goal is to get at least 2 non-gun-owners a month to the range. And I'm going to really focus on recruiting women. I intend to become a regular face at some of these women's events - I figure I can bring my guests to whichever event is closest to THEM and that will make it more likely that they'll attend another time. If someone gets into it, I'll walk them through the FID process, too.
  4. I have a couple of pro-2A ideas that I've been noodling on... and noodling on... so I'm going to commit to spending 8 hours a month on pro-2A activities - and that will enable me to get some traction on those, too.

What about the rest of you? Remember: what did John Paul Jones say when he was asked to surrender his ship? "I have not yet begun to fight". That's the kind of attitude we need to channel right now! No more apathy... the enemy is at the gate and it's time to get crackin'! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I resolve to bring at least 4 people who have never shot before to the range.  That has been a standing resolution of mine for years.  With the right introduction, everyone who tries it loves it.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

I resolve to bring at least 4 people who have never shot before to the range.  That has been a standing resolution of mine for years.  With the right introduction, everyone who tries it loves it.  

I dare you to do 5

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

One NJGF event a month, alternating monthly between north and south.

The south is the read headed stepchild of this forum, and it’s actually a shame. Souf Joisey is more pro 2a then norf east joisey by far

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I think he should do 8. If he's already been doing 4, doubling down should be easy as pie. :D

I did 6 this year; you have to remember I don’t know that many people who don’t shoot. 

Any new boyfriend the girls bring home gets a range trip, and I like to think they leave with three things:

A firearms safety mindset

An appreciation of how much fun target shooting can be

An understanding that Dad is really proficient with small arms so maybe they should always be extra respectful of their girlfriend

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, 10X said:

I did 6 this year; you have to remember I don’t know that many people who don’t shoot. 

Any new boyfriend the girls bring home gets a range trip, and I like to think they leave with three things:

A firearms safety mindset

An appreciation of how much fun target shooting can be

An understanding that Dad is really proficient with small arms so maybe they should always be extra respectful of their girlfriend

I love this!

FIL is yuge knife collector, hunter etc. First time I met the the future ‘rents all the guns were on the kitchen table and he was sharpening a Bowie.. “ have a seat”

gulp

• Like 1

1. Buy more guns.
  2. Buy more ammo.
  3. Goto 1.

Joking aside, I will continue to contribute to NRA, ANJRPC, NJ2AS and look out for other 2A societies I can join. All suggestions on that front welcome. I will continue to train my children in the use of rifles and pistols, and take non-shooting friends and family to the range as the opportunity arises. I also hope to find ways of contributing directly.

4 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

He is the modern day Ron Jeremy.

I wonder how many youngsters here are going to get that reference. 

I've taken several new shooters to the range this year, but I'm not sure exactly how many.  I like Mrs. Peel's quantifiable goals. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

The south is the read headed stepchild of this forum, and it’s actually a shame. Souf Joisey is more pro 2a then norf east joisey by far

Absolutely true, South is way more "Red" than North. And we have guns too, imagine that.

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

One NJGF event a month, alternating monthly between north and south.

Definitely some in the South, we don't bite.... honest!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

Absolutely true, South is way more "Red" than North. And we have guns too, imagine that.

Yanno, I've made a few attempts to get a R-14 gtg organized.  I know we have enough R-14 members here to make that happen.  I guess my resolution will be to organize a R-14 gtg in '19.

They have a paintball combat field there too.  That could be a whole lotsa fun.  If we get that organized, I call HE and Mrs. Zeke for my team.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yanno, I've made a few attempts to get a R-14 gtg organized.  I know we have enough R-14 members here to make that happen.  I guess my resolution will be to organize a R-14 gtg in '19.

They have a paintball combat field there too.  That could be a whole lotsa fun.  If we get that organized, I call HE and Mrs. Zeke for my team.

Wtf! Bro!

Good going lady !

Once upon the time I was scared of guns and I would not touch one. Someone in my distant family felt the same way. Recently I took a unloaded gun and disassembled it in front of the guy. I asked which part is threat to him; he couldn't answer. 

I pointed to a knife nextt us and asked him if he was afraid of it. On the end he agreed that is not the knife or the gun that is dangerous when used properly but the person handling it.

A bit embarrassing to say that my daughter took a trip to Washington to the anti gun protest. Yet when her husband is away on business trip she is concerned of being  in the house only with 2 small children.

Now she says she only wanted the AR 15 off the average people's hands.

Getting people to be  familiar with guns helps our cause. Most people  in NJ do not know that majority of the states allow ordinary people to carry guns.

The media does not help.  They make one , having guns  at home, look like he is  a bad person.

Simply put  guns are not popular in NJ.  Spreading the pro 2Nd ideas helps  people  look  at gun laws from a different perspective

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

Good going lady !

Once upon the time I was scared of guns and I would not touch one. Someone in my distant family felt the same way. Recently I took a unloaded gun and disassembled it in front of the guy. I asked which part is threat to him; he couldn't answer. 

I pointed to a knife nextt us and asked him if he was afraid of it. On the end he agreed that is not the knife or the gun that is dangerous when used properly but the person handling it.

A bit embarrassing to say that my daughter took a trip to Washington to the anti gun protest. Yet when her husband is away on business trip she is concerned of being  in the house only with 2 small children.

Now she says she only wanted the AR 15 off the average people's hands.

Getting people to be  familiar with guns helps our cause. Most people  in NJ do not know that majority of the states allow ordinary people to carry guns.

The media does not help.  They make one , having guns  at home, look like he is  a bad person.

Simply put  guns are not popular in NJ.  Spreading the pro 2Nd ideas helps  people  look  at gun laws from a different perspective

“We do not do these things because they are easy, we do them because they are hard.”

back when both sides understood the constitution 

• Like 1