Mrs. Peel

New Year's Pro-2A Resolutions!

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Yanno, I've made a few attempts to get a R-14 gtg organized.  I know we have enough R-14 members here to make that happen.  I guess my resolution will be to organize a R-14 gtg in '19.

We're in, I can scare up a few extra warm bodies, too.

2 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

They have a paintball combat field there too.  That could be a whole lotsa fun.  If we get that organized, I call HE and Mrs. Zeke for my team.

Probably a good choice, I hear she shoots better than him. :)

• Like 1

Hmmm. I need to be realistic so I won't say get my wife to the range. Maybe try to get her to not be afraid of guns... no, we have to be realistic here... Well I guess I will help people that are interested in getting a gun but are afraid of the process and don't know how to get a FID figure out what they need to do. I usually get a few people like that a year. Currently helping four people get their FID. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

“We do not do these things because they are easy, we do them because they are hard.”

"We choose to go to the Moon.  We choose to go to the Moon.  We choose to go to the Moon in this decade & do the other things."

My favorite JFK speech!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, FedUpWithNJ said:
  1. Buy more guns.
  2. Buy more ammo.
  3. Goto 1.

Joking aside, I will continue to contribute to NRA, ANJRPC, NJ2AS and look out for other 2A societies I can join. All suggestions on that front welcome. I will continue to train my children in the use of rifles and pistols, and take non-shooting friends and family to the range as the opportunity arises. I also hope to find ways of contributing directly.

We'd love to add you to our ranks as a member!  Please consider signing-up today!  https://www.cnjfo.com/join-us 

Looking for a way to help?  Looking for a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE way to really help?  CNJFO is a 501(c)3 non-profit.  As such we're running a MATCHING FUNDS CAMPAIGN for the lawsuit known as "Cheeseman-Jillard".  We'll match up to $5K in donations to help fight tyranny in NJ!  The case centers around the language & rules prohibiting us serfs from CCW in NJ.  It's an unconstitutional House of Cards when examined thru the documents that jay Factor has bought & researched.  Currently it sits waiting for the NJ State Supreme Court to certify it (hear it).  Best thing is it's NOT about two guys getting their permits.  It's far-reaching in scope and the relief sought is changes in language that was never voted upon!  That means two guys can't be "bought-off" with the issuance of their personal permits, killing the case :)  It stands a very good chance at the SCOTUS level, so we'll see what the NJ Supremes want to do with it & how embarrassed they want to be for kicking the can down the road. 

The Hot Link to donate & DOUBLE YOUR DOLLARS is HERE:  https://www.cnjfo.com/page-18139   

Thanks in advance for your continued 2nd Amendment zeal!

Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal, VP

Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners (CNJFO)

https://www.JustifiableNeed.com (our sister site)

I am a new shooter this year and my son shoots with me as well. I have also taken 5 non-shooters to the range and two of them have also acquired their own firearms this year. They also plan to join the range where I am a member. I will continue taking non-shooters with me and convert more. It's really like hand to hand combat getting one person at a time to protect our rights.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

I am a new shooter this year and my son shoots with me as well. I have also taken 5 non-shooters to the range and two of them have also acquired their own firearms this year. They also plan to join the range where I am a member. I will continue taking non-shooters with me and convert more. It's really like hand to hand combat getting one person at a time to protect our rights.

Remove the stigma first. Lol then you can work on all the other stuff 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

Of the 5, were the other 3 put off by the process? Or just not into it?

One guy loved shooting my AR and said he wanted to get one but that was his first time ever. It will take time and another range trip or two. Another guy has had some job difficulties which he has resolved and I think we'll get him in 2019. He told me he wants to get a Sig P320 like mine so at least he has gotten to the point where he knows what he wants. The other one enjoyed the experience but probably wouldn't take the next step in getting his own. I make sure I explain to everyone I take shooting how important the 2A is so that even if they don't join the hobby they will understand it isn't the evil activity that many naive people think it is.

I participated in a Boy Scout Sporting Clay's event this year for the first time and really enjoyed it. I am going encourage other scout dad's to give it a try and that might help get them involved once they see there are many different fun activities tied to the hobby.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

One guy loved shooting my AR and said he wanted to get one but that was his first time ever. It will take time and another range trip or two. Another guy has had some job difficulties which he has resolved and I think we'll get him in 2019. He told me he wants to get a Sig P320 like mine so at least he has gotten to the point where he knows what he wants. The other one enjoyed the experience but probably wouldn't take the next step in getting his own. I make sure I explain to everyone I take shooting how important the 2A is so that even if they don't join the hobby they will understand it isn't the evil activity that many naive people think it is.

I participated in a Boy Scout Sporting Clay's event this year for the first time and really enjoyed it. I am going encourage other scout dad's to give it a try and that might help get them involved once they see there are many different fun activities tied to the hobby.

@gleninjersey this my new favorite Glenn 

320! Jus awesomeness!

And thank you for the explanation. Happy holidays

5 hours ago, GlennS87 said:

The Union Hill Gun Club has 2 brochure holders with our CNJFO tri-fold brochures.  One is in the Lounge on a coffee table & Rocco (the NRA Training Counselor who provides the instruction on-site) has another.  If while using the range you might be so inclined to give your Newbies one of our brochures, I'd be very appreciative.  I have options open to me to guest you into OBRPC's 100 yard outdoor range and/or clay bird range (which UHGC doesn't have) as a way of saying thanks for bringing so many Newbies out shooting!  If you can't find any of our brochures, just write to me (PM) & I'll mail you some.  The range owners at UHGC are very nice & they also have a supply of our brochures.  Continued success in your 2nd Amendment endeavors!

https://www.cnjfo.com

P.S.:  If you attended the Sporting Clays fundraiser in Port Republic that benefited the Toms River BSA Council, I was there too :) 

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

The Union Hill Gun Club has 2 brochure holders with our CNJFO tri-fold brochures.  One is in the Lounge on a coffee table & Rocco (the NRA Training Counselor who provides the instruction on-site) has another.  If while using the range you might be so inclined to give your Newbies one of our brochures, I'd be very appreciative.  I have options open to me to guest you into OBRPC's 100 yard outdoor range and/or clay bird range (which UHGC doesn't have) as a way of saying thanks for bringing so many Newbies out shooting!  If you can't find any of our brochures, just write to me (PM) & I'll mail you some.  The range owners at UHGC are very nice & they also have a supply of our brochures.  Continued success in your 2nd Amendment endeavors!

https://www.cnjfo.com

P.S.:  If you attended the Sporting Clays fundraiser in Port Republic that benefited the Toms River BSA Council, I was there too :) 

I have seen them there. I will make sure to give them to the people I bring. Thank you for all you do in support of 2A. I was at Monmouth Councils event held at M&M.

Edited by GlennS87
added content

2 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

I have seen them there. I will make sure to give them to the people I bring. Thank you for all you do in support of 2A.

Thank YOU!  Without folks like YOU, shooting would be a dying 'hobby", and simply go away, so thanks for your involvement!  Hope to see you around the range some time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

@gleninjersey this my new favorite Glenn 

320! Jus awesomeness!

And thank you for the explanation. Happy holidays

Good job.  The world needs more Glens!

The friend I bring to the Clinton clay shoots and only had his shotgun updated 15 year outdated FID and purchased a lower receiver and a CZ PCR in 9mm.  Hoping over this weekend to help him put in lower parts kit.  :)

My resolution, bring more people to Clinton clay shoots and to range with me.  Have two people get FIDs.

• Like 1