25 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Need tapatalk

Out of my control.  Installed it, their plugin is shoddy, caused quite a few errors on the forum, including when you hit submit, it submits the post but does not reload the page, along with locking up error messages when you start a new post. 

Tapatalk has started taking over and buying up forums.  Their dedication to updating software for forums they don't own has declined quite a bit more.

I will submit a request for them to take a look and will see if they will fix things on their end. 

In the future, will have our own native app. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Out of my control.  Installed it, their plugin is shoddy, caused quite a few errors on the forum, including when you hit submit, it submits the post but does not reload the page, along with locking up error messages when you start a new post. 

Tapatalk has started taking over and buying up forums.  Their dedication to updating software for forums they don't own has declined quite a bit more.

I will submit a request for them to take a look and will see if they will fix things on their end. 

In the future, will have our own native app. 

Native app is good.  Browser is not 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Yeah I can't do the browser thing.  Too much crap on the screen.  Seeing people's stupid signatures.  Need native app or Tapatalk stat.

IIRC you should be able to hide signatures. 

6 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Yeah I can't do the browser thing.  Too much crap on the screen.  Seeing people's stupid signatures.  Need native app or Tapatalk stat.

Yes you can... 

image.png

Maks I'm assuming you've not set the attachment limit for users? It carried over the attached files from the old forum  but I've already exceeded 500kb?? I though my profile pic was outdated! lol See note below.

You have used 8.92 MB of your 500 kB attachment limit.

Can I get double the storage for bringing it to yer attention? LOL. Thanks for the hard work no rush of course.

1 hour ago, Screwball said:

I know Tapatalk is a pain, but it makes interacting on the forum A LOT easier.

You guys will only be allowed to use TapaTalk if you get rid of that stupid tag line "Sent from my XXXX phone on Tapatalk". It's really annoying.

Tapatalk is out of my control... I tried to make it work but their plugins and coding are preventing 99% of people from posting and creating topics.  If they get it resolved, will add it back until we have own inhouse app solution.  

11 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

Maks I'm assuming you've not set the attachment limit for users? It carried over the attached files from the old forum  but I've already exceeded 500kb?? I though my profile pic was outdated! lol See note below.

You have used 8.92 MB of your 500 kB attachment limit.

Can I get double the storage for bringing it to yer attention? LOL. Thanks for the hard work no rush of course.

Weird... should be resolved now. 

6 hours ago, Maksim said:

Weird... should be resolved now. 

OK now I have 50MB. Another question what happens when I delete the images from my attachments folder? Will the original posts w/ those particular images get stripped of the images or will it only be removed from my folder?

7 hours ago, My1stGlock said:

OK now I have 50MB. Another question what happens when I delete the images from my attachments folder? Will the original posts w/ those particular images get stripped of the images or will it only be removed from my folder?

Should be from yours.  Premier members get unlimited uploads.  Alternative is upload to a site like imgur and link it to the forum.  Will take a look at how much space is being used up on the server and may adjust the 50 higher. 

23 minutes ago, PK90 said:

So there is no chance we can have Tapatalk ever again? Why do the forums like Ruger, Colt, and Walther all work, not to mention hundreds of others?

I’ve heard some bad stories about Tapatalk support... so I can see why it’s not a simple solution. A few that are still “supported,” I dropped because of compatibility issues (CMP Forum is a big one, M&P Forum is another). Some don’t allow search to be used, which I kind of just use without (worst case, I can do the web view and search). TheFiringLine dropped it, and when it was being discussed, I told them that was an issue for me that I would leave over. Don’t think I’ve logged in over there since then. I like NJGF, so I’m kind of dealing with it.

If an app would be somewhat close to implementing, I’d even consider downloading a beta version over waiting for Tapatalk. Whatever could stop me from using the mobile site... I’m down for it. Not that it is bad, but too much stuff that makes posting difficult. Mentioned the emoji, which I would just use my keyboard on Tapatalk. The one that really is getting to me is double tapping the space bar, getting a period at the end of the sentence. It works sometimes, then stops for awhile. Then works again. I know some members really don’t care about punctuation... but just how I tend to post. Same with capitalization (after the end of the previous sentence), because certain situations... it doesn’t work (new paragraph).

I made that Colt 1908 thread tongue in cheek with the reference of dealing with posting... but it really was pretty much a pain to actually post. Definitely over twice the time to get the thread up... maybe in the range of 2 or 3 times longer.

2 hours ago, PK90 said:

So there is no chance we can have Tapatalk ever again? Why do the forums like Ruger, Colt, and Walther all work, not to mention hundreds of others?

Paul,

It is out of my control for now.

Tapatalk is supposed to update their code whenever software providers update their forum systems.  Generally Tapatalk is okay with it but their latest update, consistent with their generally shoddy coding, was crashing the forum as soon as I installed it.

The reason why other sites work, is that the ones you listed at least, owned by Vertical Scope, (owned by liberal anti-gun Toronto parent company), are all running 10 year old software that has not been updated in many many years.  (and why millions of usernames were cracked a few years ago.

As soon as Tapatalk fixes their issue, will get it working again, until we have our own native iphone/adroid apps with push notifications.

So, maybe worth a new post but, are there any other alternatives to TT or the forum’s web interface?   While the mobile site is much improved, pasting into the comment area and/or quoting still gets dorked up a lot and I haven’t seen a good way to edit to fix. TT let you edit the markup directly. 

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

So, maybe worth a new post but, are there any other alternatives to TT or the forum’s web interface?   While the mobile site is much improved, pasting into the comment area and/or quoting still gets dorked up a lot and I haven’t seen a good way to edit to fix. TT let you edit the markup directly. 

Will continue to clean up the mobile interface so things show up better  and should have something in the next few weeks.

As far as alternatives... unfortunately not as the forum apps you see for some others, is nothing more than rebranded, white labeled tapatalk.

There is one that may be able to get in near future but the quickest solution we are waiting for is for TT to get it fixed.

To give an an example of shoddy coding,  uninstalled the TT plugins and files... and STILL getting notifications from it. :facepalm: 

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

Can we get rid of all the junk that is on the side of the page that was previously on the bottom. It squeezes the reading area down, and I use a 32" monitor.

:facepalm:

This has run it's course.  Will update as soon as Tapatalk has a solution.