Good morning everyone!  The forum looks a bit different?  Yep.

Last night/this morning I was in the process of testing some upgrades and had a slight "oops" moment.  As things on the test upgrade seemed to go okay, I went ahead and updated the forum to the latest version which includes numerous performance updates, security patches and fixes for nagging items like the pages hanging up while transitioning between pages.

For the next 12 to 24 hours the forum may ran a tad slower as pages re-index in the background but will get back to normal thereafter.

Over the next few weeks will be enabling new features that will enhance your community experience in a number of ways including:

• Helping you find key information more easily and faster.
  • A better way to organize and participate in the many "clubs"  discussed in the New Jersey firearms community. (really excited).
  • Better and more up to date information on where to shop and where to shoot.

One quick feature that I am glad to have back, which was lost when we upgraded the NJGF Chat Room a few years ago was the ability to see who was in the chat, without having to enter it.  Right now you can find that information in the box at the bottom of the main page.  (This may be moved in the near future as we figure out where it works best.)

image.png

Another "fix" which will make things far easier to upload pictures is the ability to paste straight into the message box.

If you use a screen capture tool like "Snipping Tool" (available as a feature of Windows), you can crop/copy, and paste right into the message/reply box, rather than having to save the image and upload it.

So... it is 5AM...

I hope you enjoy the updates, there will be LOTS MORE to come.  In the mean time, there may be a few issues, if you run into any, send them as a message and let me know.

All of this costs time and money and your help is always appreciated.  If you have not yet, and would like to help keep this place running, please consider becoming a Premier Member which you can do by visiting the store or clicking here.

Thanks!

-Maks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yea, get some sleep... but after you get back up, any known issues related to Tapatalk?

223E57D0-1DDE-4BDE-AAF5-259EDB5B56DB.thumb.jpeg.e6b15fc2ec715fe29560520a47e2216c.jpeg

E892E4DE-2916-47FB-BC1C-7DAAD0358417.thumb.png.9150fac44e39bafa5020043dcdbcc5f0.png

Can’t log in, or click any thread... but I can see the threads in the Timeline. Can open in the browser (Tapatalk’s... didn’t try Safari, but I’m sure it works), and log in fine, just not in the actual app.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, siderman said:

Appreciate the maintenance but the hearts gotta go:icon_e_confused:  my toxic masculinity isn't dealing with it too well....

And when I first saw them I thought: "Oooo… look at the cute little hearts... ADORBS!" Each to their own, I guess! 

Here, Toxic-Man... this is just for you... sweeten you up a bit >>> :wub:

4 hours ago, Screwball said:

Yea, get some sleep... but after you get back up, any known issues related to Tapatalk?

223E57D0-1DDE-4BDE-AAF5-259EDB5B56DB.thumb.jpeg.e6b15fc2ec715fe29560520a47e2216c.jpeg

E892E4DE-2916-47FB-BC1C-7DAAD0358417.thumb.png.9150fac44e39bafa5020043dcdbcc5f0.png

Can’t log in, or click any thread... but I can see the threads in the Timeline. Can open in the browser (Tapatalk’s... didn’t try Safari, but I’m sure it works), and log in fine, just not in the actual app.

Quit using tapatalk?  Lol.  It's shit software...

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

And when I first saw them I thought: "Oooo… look at the cute little hearts... ADORBS!" Each to their own, I guess! 

Here, Toxic-Man... this is just for you... sweeten you up a bit >>> :wub:

ADORBS???  That may be the first time that's ever been said on this forum :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Quit using tapatalk?  Lol.  It's shit software...

I’ve cut back a lot of forums on there for one reason or another, but it is a lot easier then logins/passwords for 10+ forums.

A dedicated NJGF iPhone app... I’ll use that instead.;)

Also, would be able to post this well under a minute via Tapatalk. Took me about five, especially with the damn emoji not working off my keyboard (then trying to delete the first one).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Screwball said:

Likely needs an update.  Will take a look.  I do not personally use tapatalk and the tapatalk usage is significantly decreasing (for a number of issues, and not just here).... but will take a look at it today. 

6 hours ago, voyager9 said:

What, still no “dislike” capability?

Will add something.  The system has changed a bit from "like"/"Dislike to reactions... will make sue to add a disagree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, siderman said:

Appreciate the maintenance but the hearts gotta go:icon_e_confused:  my toxic masculinity isn't dealing with it too well....

Will see what we can do.

20 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

I hate change.:hi:The back ground is to bright. Can you tint it with some color.

Did it change a lot?  Let me work on a few things.  Lower screen brightness? =P Will have options, may take a bit. 

11 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Will see what we can do.

Did it change a lot?  Let me work on a few things.  Lower screen brightness? =P Will have options, may take a bit. 

It is pretty bright - maybe changeable color themes - not sure if that's an option.

One alternative is Dark Reader extension - this works for Chrome and Firefox  Can turn on "dark mode" for websites.

Example in Light mode:  image.thumb.png.fa19db8df730acb32ecce625f70d9fdf.png

And in Dark Mode:

image.thumb.png.9dcc23bc1ae56c902fb6ae413476f1a5.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PK90 said:

+1,000,000,000,000

2 hours ago, bhunted said:

Fix Tapa

9 hours ago, Screwball said:

For those that prefer your data goes through Chinese servers and shoddy coding... Tapatalk is working again. =P

5 minutes ago, Maksim said:

And it looks like tapatalk just created a bunch of errors... 

Okay, so the sad part, the chinese servers, lack of privacy and shoddy coding is correct.

Just downloaded and tried installing the latest Tapatalk but it locks up the rest of the site.  

• Like 1