Sniper

Million Plus NJ Gun Owners Defy State Law, Refuse to Turn Over Banned Gun Mags

12 hours ago, Persona non grata said:

:ninja:On a related note, most NJ gun owners are too busy with everything but firearms. Most probably don't even have a clue that they're breaking the law.

Quite true...I was in Vermont this past weekend, and happened to share a ski lift chair with a NJ gun owner with non-compliant mags who had no idea of the travesty that had become law.   I filled him in.   "How was this publicized" he asked repeatedly, kind of in shock...   And thinking about the answer, it came down to online gun forums, emails from gun owner groups, discussions at gun clubs, and an occasional article on NJ.com (because who actually gets a paper newspaper anymore...)  And thinking about that answer, it really wasn't publicized in any way that most gun owners would have noticed.

20 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

It'd be funny to have a "Million Mag March" on Trenton.  Bring your 30rd mag body mags.  I think most would bring 10/30's but there would be a few 15/30 and straight 30's that some will bring because molon labe and whatnot.  But, could you imagine Trenton and SP cops trying to detain everyone with a 30rd mag body.

Im all for it but look how pathetic our last rally was. Bet this one would be even weaker. 

4 minutes ago, louu said:

Im all for it but look how pathetic our last rally was. Bet this one would be even weaker. 

Ted Nugent, Colin Noir, Dana Loesch, MAC, Hickock45, iraquiveteran8888.

Get some of those folks to show up on a warm sunny day and we may have a chance at promoting a good event.

STATE OF N.J. V. JOSEPH PELLETERI

https://law.justia.com/cases/new-jersey/appellate-division-published/1996/a339-95-opn.html

The "Jersey Marlin" case.

My guess is that outside of Trenton, Newark and Camden, most "high capacity" magazines will come to the attention of law enforcement because of domestic disturbance calls, not because of trips the range.

My other guess is that's when most will learn about the new law, too.

I don't think that the majority of gun owners in New Jersey (or anywhere else) spend a lot of time at the range.

12 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Ted Nugent, Colin Noir, Dana Loesch, MAC, Hickock45, iraquiveteran8888.

Get some of those folks to show up on a warm sunny day and we may have a chance at promoting a good event.

That would be a great idea 

12 hours ago, Zeke said:

I’m serious.

last one @Ray Ray @Malice4you And @DirtyDigz and @ 

well my math is off. But you were not there 

I was there and brought 4 of the Quinton 3 gunners. 

On 12/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, diamondd817 said:

A million new felons. Think about that

Unless you're in the country illegally, then the state takes money from me to pay you and welcomes you with open arms. So I have to wonder, if an illegal gets caught with a standard capacity magazine does governor inbred's severely misshapen head explode? 

On 12/18/2018 at 6:23 AM, Lord_Fudd said:

the biggest liability you're leaving yourself open to is say you're driving to/from the range and you get in an accident. The accident's bad enough where you can't drive your car, you're going to take your guns out as you wait for your ride home. Now they're out in the open of course they're gonna check them out. Otherwise if you get pulled over, what's in your trunk is your right to privacy. 

best to keep whatever in a zipped bag not easily identifiable as anything weapon related in y our trunk, then you would need cause to look in a benign bag. if your in an accident where you are say taken away by ambulance a cursory inventory is done of your car when tow truck driver comes, its to protect owner for theft by 3rd parties etc,one can refuse that inventory etc. if your conscious

On 12/15/2018 at 12:52 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

You win the Internet today!!

On 12/15/2018 at 12:50 PM, diamondd817 said:

Yep. And all while protecting thousands of violent illegal aliens. 

Yup, 95% of the ghetto thug arrests end with pleas that drop the firearms charges. NJ gun laws are all about control of the citzens not protecting anyone's life.

• Like 3

Not sure I'd advocate for anyone to do something illegal. I feel for you guys and gals with multiple unconstitutionally illegal mags, but I sent the few >10s I have to a relative across the river (makes Gen. Washington's crossing re-enactment in a few days kind of ironic huh). I previously bought magblocks but am guardedly optimistic that I might not have to neuter my mags due to the possible shift in the 3rd district court. I just hope I lubed them enough to prevent any rust in the next 10 years or so.

13 hours ago, Downtownv said:

Yup, 95% of the ghetto thug arrests end with pleas that drop the firearms charges. NJ gun laws are all about control of the citzens not protecting anyone's life.

I have had many 18 to 20 year olds in on robbery and firearms, get a lowered bail and get a second firearm charge. We even had one put a gun in the face of one of ours off duty...my officer killed him and the community responded trashing him for the poor innocent child he killed.

19 hours ago, TheWind said:

I have had many 18 to 20 year olds in on robbery and firearms, get a lowered bail and get a second firearm charge. We even had one put a gun in the face of one of ours off duty...my officer killed him and the community responded trashing him for the poor innocent child he killed.

He was such a nice boy...

He was just turning his life around...

He was so proud to be a Daddy (for the 3rd time, to a third vagina)

Its wasn't his fault he never had a father in his life.

The above are some of the biggest BS Lies in the urban gang-banger neighborhoods.

and then there's these:

The check is in the mail.

oh never mind.

5b85ee5b4cf8c_ByebyeII.gif.f222017c8e27cf0495de790f39553717.gif

• Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, 70gto said:

At least our last governor pardoned several folks who broke the law unintentionally, I dont think this will be the case for the new one, i believe they are aching to make an example of some poor working guy who is not up to speed and gets jacked up 

Need to inform/educate the masses about jury nullification. 

Juries need to step in and hand down not guilty verdicts for all of NJ's anti-2A laws. 

Might be able to accomplish this in the southern part of the state. 

Northern liberal strongholds may be tougher. 

• Like 3

Todays article:

New Jersey Resident Turn Zero Magazines In Despite Ban

Posted at 12:00 pm on December 31, 2018 by Tom Knighton

90dd97df-8e81-4cb3-983f-66a8213e2e02.jpg

While I’m someone who believes the law should generally be upheld, I also have a fondness for acts of defiance. No, it doesn’t make sense to me, either. I blame my parents. Mom was a defiant sort, and Dad was a police officer.

Yes, my childhood was confusing.

Regardless, there are some acts of defiance we should all celebrate. A great example of that is what’s transpiring in New Jersey.

You see, despite the recent magazine ban, gun owners in the Garden State have decided to give their government the middle finger.

Thanks to a December 5 ruling by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 3rd Circuit, New Jersey’s ban on gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds took effect on December 10. By that date, all owners of heretofore legal “large capacity magazines” (LCMs) were required to surrender them to police, render them inoperable, modify them so they cannot hold more than 10 rounds, or sell them to authorized owners. Those who failed to do so are guilty of a fourth-degree felony, punishable by a maximum fine of $10,000 and up to 18 months in prison.

How many of New Jersey’s 1 million or so gun owners have complied with the ban by turning LCMs in to law enforcement agencies? Approximately zero, judging from an investigation by Ammoland writer John Crump. Crump, an NRA instructor and gun rights activist, “reached out to several local police departments in New Jersey” and found that “none had a single report of magazines turned over.” He also contacted the New Jersey State Police, which has not officially responded to his inquiry. But “two sources from within the State Police,” speaking on condition of anonymity, said “they both do not know of any magazines turned over to their agency and doubted that any were turned in.”

I also contacted the state police, where Sgt. Jeff Flynn told me they have received “zero” LCMs. Flynn said I should address any other questions about the law to the Attorney General’s Office, which I did. Leland Moore, a spokesman for the Attorney General’s Office, said I should talk to the state police. Crump got the same runaround. When I pointed that out, Moore said by email, “We do not have information on how many LCMs have been received by local police in the hundreds of municipalities across NJ. That’s not something we track.”

Law enforcement agencies, of course, would not necessarily know about gun owners who complied with the law in one of the other approved ways. It’s possible that some gun owners destroyed their suddenly illegal magazines, modified them, or transferred them to, say, gun owners in other states or retired cops, who are exempt from the magazine ban. But there is no direct evidence of that either.

I sincerely doubt many magazines were transferred or destroyed.

Instead, they’re being held onto, probably in hopes that this stupid law will soon be overturned. After all, the right to keep and bear arms is supposed to be uninfringeable, yet New Jersey doesn’t seem to understand what the word “infringe” means. Or, more accurately, the state doesn’t care. A good slam from the Supreme Court would be beneficial.

Or, the magazines are being held onto because it’s better to be tried by 12 than carried by six.

Contrary to what some may think, magazine restrictions don’t benefit the good guys in any way. They don’t reduce crime. They don’t make violent crime less lethal. They don’t accomplish anything except turn ordinary Americans into felons. Oh, and they can get people killed.

Anti-gunners love to look at how many rounds police officers fire in an armed encounter to illustrate how ineffective citizen carry is, but they don’t understand what they’re seeing. Armed encounters are frantic and dynamic. Misses come easy, especially when you’re used to practicing on a static range.

As a result, you need to carry a lot more ammo than you think.

Magazine restrictions hurt law-abiding citizens and make it harder for them to defend themselves.

With that in mind, there’s no reason to be surprised that New Jersey residents aren’t flocking to turn in their magazines. Being in prison beats in a coffin any day of the week.

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/12/31/new-jersey-resident-turn-zero-magazines-despite-ban/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c

On 12/18/2018 at 6:23 AM, Lord_Fudd said:

the biggest liability you're leaving yourself open to is say you're driving to/from the range and you get in an accident. The accident's bad enough where you can't drive your car, you're going to take your guns out as you wait for your ride home. Now they're out in the open of course they're gonna check them out. Otherwise if you get pulled over, what's in your trunk is your right to privacy. 

have your shit in a locked container, with an actual lock on it.  No, you may not search my LOCKED container.