Sniper

Million Plus NJ Gun Owners Defy State Law, Refuse to Turn Over Banned Gun Mags

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

You're completely forgetting about the volume of rifles that are owned. Even the basic Ruger 10/22, which many people own, originally came with a 25, then we got neutered to 15, now 10. Just about every semi-auto rifle sold takes a mag that's 10+.

Plus, most mid size and larger semi-auto 22, 9mm, .40 handguns take double stack mags that are 10+

It's a lot wider of an issue than you think.

I’m not saying there’s not a large group that is effected, I’m saying there are a lot of cases that gun owners may not care because it simply doesn’t effect them. 

I think you may be incorrect about the 10/22 as well. Ruger only came out with a 15 round mag for the 10/22 maybe 5 years ago. The 10 round mag has been standard for most 10/22 models for decades. True that there are some models that have the 25 as standard but we haven’t been able to get those in many years in NJ anyway and I can only think of one model I have ever seen thatcame with a 15 rounder standard.

Also true, there are 9, 40 and 45s with double stack mags. I’m not saying there aren’t people with those but I think a lot of people here are negating the fact that large amounts of the supposed 1 million gun owners in NJ probably aren’t plugged into the gun community and have a single barrel, or pump shotgun or something that just isn’t impacted so it’s not an issue for them... Counting on those people to show up and vote or protest is not realistic.

I’m just saying...

-Jim