vladtepes

So Serious Question.. Normal Cap Mags to NJ...

I think just by switching a few words around, we're back to "are they going to kick my door in?".  Nobody is flying to Nome to arrest my Uncle Tanoose for mailing me a 30 rounder. If the mailing can even be proved.  Ted Kazinski (sic) blew people to smitherines and only got caught because his brother turned him in. We need an over thinking button too.   

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BobA said:

I think just by switching a few words around, we're back to "are they going to kick my door in?".  Nobody is flying to Nome to arrest my Uncle Tanoose for mailing me a 30 rounder. If the mailing can even be proved.  Ted Kazinski (sic) blew people to smitherines and only got caught because his brother turned him in. We need an over thinking button too.   

Except he's not asking if the hypothetical person would be caught and thrown in jail, he's asking if it's legal or illegal.  Two separate things.  Just because the chances of him getting caught and arrested are slim to none does not make it legal.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vjf915 said:

Except he's not asking if the hypothetical person would be caught and thrown in jail, he's asking if it's legal or illegal.  Two separate things.  Just because the chances of him getting caught and arrested are slim to none does not make it legal.

exactly...

I think I read something that parallels this awhile back. Drugs were sent to a person via mail and found out during postal transit. The authorities followed the package all the way to the recipients mail  box. As soon as the person had it in his hands, before even opening it (technically not knowing what was in it), he was arrested and charged with possession.

22 hours ago, Maksim said:

So itneresting topic and I think we need to make the distinction of whether they are being sent to NJ or a NJ resident is picking them up outside of NJ.

I.e.  you can go to Walmart in PA and buy BB guns and ammo.... BUT Walmart is not going to ship it to NJ.

Same thing with mags... if I am an FFL in PA and you come over and buy 200 standard capacity 30 round mags, 100 round drums or whatnot... what you do with them is your problem.  Legal and a non-controlled item in PA.  BUT as a dealer I would not send them to NJ.

I think we have to look at it the same way as fireworks... Was completely legal for a NJ resident to buy/acquire fireworks out of state... it is merely illegal to possess in NJ, once your cross the border. 

So now on the PA side of the border we can expect fireworks stands and magazine stands.

Ah...Now NJSP have double the locations to stake out...

All in jest folks!!!!!!!!!!