45Doll

Pittsburgh & Wolf Will Try To Ban AR-15s

This post arrived in my Inbox today. Since I and others have one foot in PA I thought I would post it here.

The gist of it is the city of Pittsburgh and Governor Tom Wolf will deliberately try to violate the state Constitution and enact a ban on the purchase of AR-15s, other similar firearms, require photo ID for ammo purchase etc. Of course it will be backed by Bloomberg, Cease Fire PA etc.

Local attempts to circumvent state law have already failed in PA. But they'll try it anyway.

I shall be making a contribution to the suit.

Yes.  My son recently gave me a nice tour of Pittsburgh starting at Pitt, but it is the second largest democrat stronghold in Pennsylvania.  It is assumed that both the governor and the democrat attorney general (the previous AG is currently behind bars!!!) will do nothing to stop this, so either a promise of lawsuit of an actual lawsuit will probanly be in order here, to hold these lawless democrats liable for violation of the Commonwealth's preemption law.  It is also a current toppic of discussion on pafoa.org.  i am ready to contribute as well.

• Like 2

I didn't put one foot in PA because I thought it was 'safe'. I know perfectly well no state in the union is 'safe' from the progressive assault. And if a Democrat President is elected in 2020 and god forbid the Senate flips, that's going to be the fork in the road for a lot of people.

I think a meaningful rebellion against this crap is much more likely in PA than in NJ. The attitude on firearms is completely different, except in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and a couple other Democrat strongholds. I was really surprised once I got out there.

3 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

won't stop until pols and activists are afraid for their lives.  Notice nothing on Muslim atrocities or lack of rights and why is that?  I'm telling you, only a matter of time until someone starts shooting at these anti 2a people imho

And then we will have lost everything...

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I disagree as history has proven otherwise. 

that said, NRA is failing in the simplest of marketing campaigns.  Gun  control was started to keep guns out of the hands of blacks.  We need to use this....

Concur on the intention of the law.

its an esoteric moral debate.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

Now we're talking, let's get cerebral here!

I’d rather see a homologous McCarthy thing.. oath keeper, or non oath keeper.

Before anyone should even think of shooting their Nieghbor’s, countrymen... etc.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

33 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I'm telling you, only a matter of time until someone starts shooting at these anti 2a people imho

It's getting closer...

29 minutes ago, Zeke said:

And then we will have lost everything...

Is that what was said back in 1776?

29 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I disagree as history has proven otherwise. 

Yes, more than once.

1 hour ago, 45Doll said:

I think a meaningful rebellion against this crap is much more likely in PA than in NJ. The attitude on firearms is completely different, except in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and a couple other Democrat strongholds. I was really surprised once I got out there.

that is the only potential saving grace.. there are some crazy people in NJ.. but there are a lot more really crazy people here in PA.. the things I have heard OLD people say in passing about various political things lead me to believe if it got to the point of rounding up guns here.. there would be a substantial problem.. granted its all talk until its not.. but I am just saying I would be surprised if there were not substantial issues.. 

on the PA forum they are talking about an open carry event in Pittsburg with banned guns.. open carrying AFTER the law is passed.. people that don't even live in Pittsburg.. thats why I think there is SOME hope here.. not much.. but some.. 

Philly to the Burg in just over 4 hours and $40 in tolls. Im in' haven't had a good chipped ham sandwich in a while

I don't perceive things like this to just be internet talk.. these are the same people that meet at the capitol every year.. carrying guns.. so many last year that they had to close down admittance to the main building because it was beyond capacity.. 

PA is going to face a struggle.. but I think they will fight.. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 45Doll said:

Right. I'm on the PAFOA right now looking at some of the responses.

"A riot is an ugly thing. And I think it's just about time that we had one!"

Inspector Kemp, Young Frankenstein

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m tremendously wary of the guys “ that want this to happen “.

Its almost a macbre fascination.

right.. thats the scary thing.. 
there are a lot of people that I have met.. especially in very rural.. very religious areas... that almost appear "at peace" with waking up one day and it being their last day on earth if they are defending things they believe in.. and I mean calmly at peace.. 

there are people that believe guns exist to protect them from the government.. in a principal tradition type way.. 
then there are people that take that LITERALLY.. and a lot of those people appear to live near me.. LOL 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m tremendously wary of the guys “ that want this to happen “.

Its almost a macbre fascination.

"Wanting" something to happen, and understanding the necessity of something happening, are two different things.

I'm quite sure no Americans 'wanted' to fight WW2. But many did because they understood it was necessary to get the correct outcome.

Will the Bloomberg's and progressives of the world leave another option on the table for us?

I suppose I should add that no one's been shot in France yet. But the gas tax is gone.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Old Glock guy said:

If I'm not mistaken, lawmakers have zero culpability for creating statutes that are clearly unconstitutional.  So what's to stop them from doing as they please and letting the courts sort it out?  

thats exactly what will likely happen.. apparently they have fought these types of fights before.. successfully.. 

2 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

there are a lot of people that I have met.. especially in very rural.. very religious areas... that almost appear "at peace" with waking up one day and it being their last day on earth if they are defending things they believe in.. and I mean calmly at peace.. 

there are people that believe guns exist to protect them from the government.. in a principal tradition type way.. 
then there are people that take that LITERALLY.. and a lot of those people appear to live near me.. LOL 

but those type of people gave us this country and we need more of them imho

• Agree 1

Just now, vladtepes said:

Everyone can be pushed too far.. it’s the consequence of the reaction that will be the burden. Exhaust all legal processes!

4 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

If I'm not mistaken, lawmakers have zero culpability for creating statutes that are clearly unconstitutional.  So what's to stop them from doing as they please and letting the courts sort it out?  

That’s a problem 

3 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

They've always said, there's safety in numbers.

3 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

"Wanting" something to happen, and understanding the necessity of something happening, are two different things.

I'm quite sure no Americans 'wanted' to fight WW2. But many did because they understood it was necessary to get the correct outcome.

Will the Bloomberg's and progressives of the world leave another option on the table for us?

Concur 

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’m not sure it’s a valid correlation between independence and civil war.

of course it is, to the Tories it was a civil war(rebellion)  however, if the government tramples your rights is it not proper to replace the government with one that won't?  Our founding fathers said this, codified it in principle of governing docs even.  We've examples in our history of this.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

of course it is, to the Tories it was a civil war(rebellion)  however, if the government tramples your rights is it not proper to replace the government with one that won't?  Our founding fathers said this, codified it in principle of governing docs even.  We've examples in our history of this.

So we rinse and repeat?

Tip our hat to the new constitution, take a knee and pray we don’t get fooled again?