70gto

Want to rent, house apt unit in multifam

Hi its a long shot but, sometime in the spring i am having major work done to the house , i need vacate and short term rent for 2-4 months, probably 4 mo. 2 adults 2 kids and small dog, Of course I will treat your place like my own. I need in and around 07069 watchung warren and surrounding areas clark etc. please let me know what you have.

https://njshorttermrentals.com/all-listings/

https://www.mhbay.com/mobile-homes-for-rent/new-jersey/bridgewater

https://www.84rv.com/rv-rental/temporary-housing

note I have no affiliation with any of the above; I just did a search for short term mobile housing in NJ, and came up with this.

On 12/17/2018 at 7:56 AM, sota said:

have you looked to see if anyone has a mobile home for rent they can park on your property temporarily?

A lot of people in my town did that after Sandy.  They were not mobile home park mobiles, they were more like really big RVs and campers.

For what it's worth, wife and I were out of the house for 14 weeks when we doubled the size of our house and tripled the volume. 

We struggled with exactly this kind of thing and we found a condo in Vernon on VRBO.    We negotiated a monthly rate.  We ran out of time on the one and had to get 2 weeks on a different one.  

The upside was the heated pool and other amenities the complex had, like the cleaning service and free laundry.

The downside was we probably paid about $200/month more than renting a house.

We looked at RV rentals and it was WAY too expensive.  We did consider borrowing a friends RV though but it didn't work out.

I'm not sure what might be in your area, but check vacation rentals, you never know.

7 hours ago, Malsua said:

For what it's worth, wife and I were out of the house for 14 weeks when we doubled the size of our house and tripled the volume. 

We struggled with exactly this kind of thing and we found a condo in Vernon on VRBO.    We negotiated a monthly rate.  We ran out of time on the one and had to get 2 weeks on a different one.  

The upside was the heated pool and other amenities the complex had, like the cleaning service and free laundry.

The downside was we probably paid about $200/month more than renting a house.

We looked at RV rentals and it was WAY too expensive.  We did consider borrowing a friends RV though but it didn't work out.

I'm not sure what might be in your area, but check vacation rentals, you never know.

Thanks for insight and experience, I had a feeling this wont be easy

On 1/5/2019 at 6:37 AM, 345Sire said:

Is Manalapan too far away? GSP exit 123 then about 8 miles south on route 9, just a bit below where it meets 18?

Yeah just a tad, My sister lives a couple min from there, the school thing with bringing kids to and from would just be too much, but I appreciate it the thought

11 hours ago, 70gto said:

Yeah just a tad, My sister lives a couple min from there, the school thing with bringing kids to and from would just be too much, but I appreciate it the thought

I hear you on the kids, really.

I hope you find something that works for you.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:20 AM, 345Sire said:

I hear you on the kids, really.

I hope you find something that works for you.

Thanks my man. Honestly if I could find something done, I would sell n go, but everything around me is too expensive or POS. Normally I like POS because of built in equity and making it the way you want, if I were 10 years younger no brainer, You get to a point in your life you just want to say F it. Im almost there. lol 

Yeah, 30 years ago I was still into buying "handyman specials" or worse. These days I'm a little tempted sometimes to hire out stuff I'd once have jumped right into back then, just too fricken cheap(frugal? ) to do it. Too many aches and pains in the morning nowadays.

4 years ago I actually hired an outfit to replace my shingled roof. Mixed feelings? heck yeah,,,I'm glad I didn't have to hump all those bundles up the ladder, but the mess these guys left , especially when cutting in the vented ridge, reminded me of how good quality workers are lacking these days.