Ray Ray

Nunchucks, now legal in NYC!

Caught that last night on the local news, good to see. As if it truly fit the 2A category, right. I don't recall seeing the founding fathers having a set in their back pockets in any of the pictures I have run across.

Maybe the slingshot will be next? I have a large capacity slingshot magazine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,(front trousers pocket)

2 minutes ago, GlennS87 said:

I would definitely knock myself out if I tried using them. :)

Having spent numerous hours perfecting the craft, I can assure you, knocking yourself out is not really the issue.   Self-sterilization is a much higher probability.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I learned how to use them in the 70s and carried them when I was on the police department.  I consider them more effective, versatile, and compact than a nightstick.  Few knew what they were so nothing was said.

There was another guy I worked with who carried them and knew how to use them, Glenn.

Glenn wound up in a situation where he had to take on 4 or 5 gorillas.  Now Glenn, although he didn't look it, was equal to about 2 gorillas.  He probably could have justifiably shot at least one of them but he used his nunchuks.  All were subdued, charged with assault on a police officer, no one was permanently hurt, and Glenn was unhurt.

Afterstory? When the chief found out about this and how effective nunchuks were without having to shoot any one he issued an order banning any officer carrying them.  

He had no business being a chief of police because he hated cops.

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

In all seriousness. The implication of this ruling should hopefully ripple

I think we may be getting ahead of ourselves here.  I read three articles, two were pretty much identical but the thing we are missing here is what was not said in the articles, that this is more like a Heller case than a CCW case.

The ruling only stated that the defendant could posses nunchucks on his property.  The NY law basically outlawed any form of possession, the same way DC outlawed possession of handguns.  It said nothing regarding carrying upon ones person in public.

If I missed that, then my bad, but that's the impression I got.