BlueLineFish

WTB: 1987 Buick Grand National

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, myhatinthering said:

Disagree, natties would bury stock gts. 

that was never my experience on front street with either my 83 or 89. my 83 had headers and an aftermarket holley though. the 89 took em when it was stock....but then I (as I mentioned previously) was good at pissing their owners off, and getting them to run me hot. they ain't shit when they're hot...….

a buddy had an 86 for awhile. we ran off of one of the traffic lights near the shop. I spun for a bit, but once I caught traction, I pretty much walked him. that was after i'd done a bunch of work to the 89, and it wasn't really a fair run to be honest. 

89 gt stock was a 14.9 car. gn stock was a 15.7 car. the gnx stock was a 13.4 car. 0-60 was 6.1 6.9 and 5.4 respectively. 

Not sure where you got the 15.7 for the GN....  They were also a 14 sec car..... 

SPECIFICATIONS

Engine 231.4-cu-in/3791cc turbocharged OHV V-6, port fuel-injection
Power and torque (SAE net) 245 hp @ 4400 rpm, 355 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm
Drivetrain 4-speed automatic, RWD
Brakes front: vented disc; rear: drum
Suspension front: control arms, coil springs; rear: live axle, coil springs
Dimensions L: 200.6 in, W: 71.6 in, H: 54.5 in Weight 3400 lb
Performance 0-60 mph: 6.1 sec; quarter mile: 14.7 sec @ 95.1 mph, 60-0 mph: 149 ft (MT, August 1987)
Price when new $16,617

On 12/23/2018 at 4:17 PM, BlueLineFish said:

74-81. Manual trans

So hes got every year but 75. Also has 3 83s. He says hes not selling but his family is trying hard to get him to sell some. Hes got over 20 and that's just the vets. Then there's the lemans, fire birds, and gtos. 

I'll let you know when his family convinces him to sell a few. 

On 12/23/2018 at 10:52 AM, BlueLineFish said:

Im looking to get a grand national and a late 70 corvette stingray. There are a bunch of other cars i would love to own but it would be hard to explain. I have the pickup, the wrangler tj and the hellcat challenger. If i add the other 2 i think I have a pretty good variation

well I'm a corvette guy so ask away

curious, why late 70s?  They are cheap by the way but before you buy, ask me what you are looking at etc

and people think guns are a disease lol, just wait till the classic car infection takes hold, it's downright padded room!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

So hes got every year but 75. Also has 3 83s. He says hes not selling but his family is trying hard to get him to sell some. Hes got over 20 and that's just the vets. Then there's the lemans, fire birds, and gtos. 

I'll let you know when his family convinces him to sell a few. 

could you include me on letting us know please as I'm in the market as well

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

that was never my experience on front street with either my 83 or 89. my 83 had headers and an aftermarket holley though. the 89 took em when it was stock....but then I (as I mentioned previously) was good at pissing their owners off, and getting them to run me hot. they ain't shit when they're hot...….

a buddy had an 86 for awhile. we ran off of one of the traffic lights near the shop. I spun for a bit, but once I caught traction, I pretty much walked him. that was after i'd done a bunch of work to the 89, and it wasn't really a fair run to be honest. 

89 gt stock was a 14.9 car. gn stock was a 15.7 car. the gnx stock was a 13.4 car. 0-60 was 6.1 6.9 and 5.4 respectively. 

Never saw a stock GT come close, not once.  I also don't trust the numbers posted here as 0-60 for a gt was 6.3 and low 5s for nattie

I still have my 87 T Type. ( A GN but in colors)  Back in the day it ran 12.7 @ 107. With just s cat delete and a chip. There were NO stock fox bodies around to touch a GN. Worked maybe.

You might get in touch with Denise Kirban. He used to sell a lot of GNs and T Types. I'm sure he still has his finger on the pulse of the market. 

Kirban Performance Products, Inc.
PO Box 1199
6201 Kellers Church Rd
Plumsteadville, PA 18949

Phone: 215-766-1611
Fax: 215-766-1615
E-Mail: sales@kirbanperformance.com

On 12/26/2018 at 12:49 AM, SmittyMHS said:

I still have my 87 T Type. ( A GN but in colors)  Back in the day it ran 12.7 @ 107. With just s cat delete and a chip. There were NO stock fox bodies around to touch a GN. Worked maybe.

You might get in touch with Denise Kirban. He used to sell a lot of GNs and T Types. I'm sure he still has his finger on the pulse of the market. 

PO Box 1199
6201 Kellers Church Rd
Plumsteadville, PA 18949

He had one for sale at a place in PA that i wanted to buy. Just found out it was stolen from the dealer

2 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

well did you buy one yet BF???????  JHC you are killing us with suspense if you haven't.  Get off your ass and move!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  lol

not yet. still looking. 

@BlueLineFish @myhatinthering

My buddy is still working on his dad to sell some cars because his dad has been having some health issues. His dad is still trying to hold out but the family is having a meeting and is going to try and convince him to sell a few before he dies and they have to have an auction. As soon as hes ready to sell ill put up a WTS thread 

On 12/26/2018 at 12:49 AM, SmittyMHS said:

PO Box 1199
6201 Kellers Church Rd
Plumsteadville, PA 18949

what did she run stock?

On 12/25/2018 at 9:17 AM, myhatinthering said:

Never saw a stock GT come close, not once.  I also don't trust the numbers posted here as 0-60 for a gt was 6.3 and low 5s for nattie

yea, you're right. just checked another source for the gt 1/4 mile time.....it posts 14.6.

i also forgot....the lx's were faster :)