Mrs. Peel

Spouses & Guns...

My wife knows that i have a lot. Doesnt really think its necessary but knows the value is there. I have to redo my will this coming year and provisions will be made in there for the firearms. My wife has said numerous times that as long as the bills are paid, kids are taken care of it doesnt matter. I work hard i deserve to enjoy what i make. 

So if any cheese eating rat fucks want to try and call my wife and tell her what i have and what i spend dont bother. Trust me..somebody was planning that before. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

so, what happens to your spouse when you've keep her in the dark about your firearms (assets) and you're suddenly killed in a car crash?

The way I see it is unless you’re one of those that think when you die your floating in the corner watching everything, then it doesn’t really matter. 

Wife doesn't shoot, refuses in fact.   Doesn't touch the guns.  I buy them from money I make doing odd jobs,  not my paycheck.  Not her business what I have.  Someone gets a windfall if I go before I can get rid of them. 

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It was such a nice sunny day, who knew that one rogue wave would come and tip over the canoe. :rolleyes:

Yea. It was named Bertha.  I blame her friends for convincing her to cannon ball from the shoreline.  

I jokecabout it, but she has no interest in guns.  She doesnt ask what i have and doesnt want to even see them.   I only buy with cash from some side jobs I take.   I have my hobbies, she has hers. As long as it doesnt come from joint funds she is fine with what i spend.   Oh, and guns are not the only hobby i have that applies to.   Or the most expensive.

She has never seen the inside of the safe.  My son has the combo if it comes to that. 

I can't hide any firearm purchase from her, because every purchase is preceded by me bitching for a couple of months about how @##*&&^! long the  *&^@! permit process takes in NJ, and why can't the #(&!@ police ever manage to turn around the application in 30 days like they are supposed to and why does the #(@* detective blow off so many appointments that he insists are require both to turn in the application and to pick up the (#*&^% permit, and why can't we live in a normal state instead of this gulag.

So yes, she knows when I'm in the process of buying something.

I am not, My wife took the NRA courses along with my NJ School teacher daughter, developed an understanding of firearms and mastered their shooter skills. A new gun in our family is like a new baby :) everyone wants to hold it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WP22 said:

Anyway, my wife shoots too and like a poster above said, a new gun in the house is like a new baby. So knows the where, the what and the how many.

Her only concern is how to  get rid of them if I pass before her.

THIS is a NEW THREAD!

On another forum I belong to, a larger than life member ( I Mean that in a good way) passed away.

It was posted that his family took  $25000 dollars worth of his guns to Cabela's who was very generous in conning the boots of them and they accepted the $500 cabella's offered them!

Kick_in_Balls.gif

She knows how many and approx values.

I've never sneaked anything into the house.

I should make a list if who gets what "just in case". Good idea.

I do know another gentleman, not on the forums, who sneaks new purchases into the house and hides them.  Also loads up car for range days when his wife isn't around.  He's mentioned that she wouldn't be happy knowing how many he has acquired.