Maksim

Facebook "Private" Messages

11 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Heard this last week, yeah it sux.

You have the camera on your laptop covered, right? post it note or other means?

I have this little "slide window" gadget on mine. Free giveaway a while back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So seems like Facebook gave more than 150 companies access to your private messages.

In all honesty, if someone has the Facebook app on their phone, they already gave willingly ALL their privacy and EVERYTHING they do on that phone to Zuckerfuck. Nobody reads the Permissions they give apps on their phone.

EVERYTHING!

All their texts, all their contacts, all the web sites they visit, all your email, all their App data, all their log-ins to banks, credit cards, all their phone call data, all their location data, access to pictures, access to SIM cards and every other thing they touch or swipe.

And that's before all the voluntary info, pictures, data, comments they directly post on Facebook.

The NSA really appreciates all the FREE data everyone sends them. :hang:

27 minutes ago, Sniper said:

In all honesty, if someone has the Facebook app on their phone, they already gave willingly ALL their privacy and EVERYTHING they do on that phone to Zuckerfuck. Nobody reads the Permissions they give apps on their phone.

EVERYTHING!

All their texts, all their contacts, all the web sites they visit, all your email, all their App data, all their log-ins to banks, credit cards, all their phone call data, all their location data, access to pictures, access to SIM cards and every other thing they touch or swipe.

And that's before all the voluntary info, pictures, data, comments they directly post on Facebook.

The NSA really appreciates all the FREE data everyone sends them. :hang:

I've been telling people this for years....and they all look at me like I've grown another head or something. 

the sad fact isd that the average person doesn't care, or know enough to care what they're giving away

Yes, the post it is always on the laptop camera. 

This though is secondary to the iphones and other "assistants" like Alexa, Google Home, etc, that are always listening and in many cases recording... 

"Hey Google, Hey Alexa, Hey Siri...."

1 hour ago, this_is_nascar said:

Why does this surprise anyone?  If you own any smartphone, you've given up any privacy you think you might have.

Precisely. 

You think you need Alexa or Facebook installed for it to be an issue? 

Apple sells your info, and so does Google... When you buy a phone or computer and use their root programs your already doing this. Youre just helping the process by using Facebook or the like, making it slighly easier for them to capitalize on your information.

1 hour ago, this_is_nascar said:

Why does this surprise anyone?  If you own any smartphone, you've given up any privacy you think you might have.

Why indeed. I could never figure out why people thought all these search engines and social networks were providing their services out of the goodness of their hearts. Years ago they and the ACLU fought and won the first amendment rights of these giants. And boy, have they used it. 

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Apple sells your info, and so does Google...

Now you know why Google gives everyone Gmail for FREE. Tons of FREE data  to harvest.

It's because YOU'RE the product being sold.

Why anyone uses Gmail (or Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, etc.), is WAY beyond me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WP22 said:

And folks jazz me for still using an old LG flip phone. 

...." Just like smartphones, communications on a flip or feature phone are just as vulnerable to intercept as they are on a smartphone. In fact, maybe even more so because you can’t put your own encryption on a flip or feature phone and many flip phones have only rudimentary scrambling that can easily be turned off by any hacker.

But flip phones are certainly not “safer” than smartphones.

For example, flip phones have GPS chips and your location can be tracked on a flip just as well as you can be tracked on a smartphone.

And SMS, email and pictures can be easily intercepted by government organizations as well as by hackers."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/rebecca-abrahams/is-hollywood-going-back-t_b_6254356.html