Dawgs

NJ compliance

Ok I have read the rules for nj.  I cannot have 2 of the listed accessories or it is considered an assault rifle.  My question is this.   Don't all AR's have apistol grip already?   And if that's the case I cannot have anything else listed or it is non-compliance?

Any threaded barrel needs to be capped and pinned and or a muzzle device pinned. 

No flash hider A2 for example not allowed consider a flash suppressor to N.J.

no collapsible stock, can have one but, needs to be pinned in place. 

Im sure if you used the search, you will find way better deltail and explanation, of actual laws etc...   

An Assault Rifle is a Semi-automatic rifle able to accept detachable magazines and at least two of the following:

You are now good to go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawgs said:

Ok I have read the rules for nj.  I cannot have 2 of the listed accessories or it is considered an assault rifle.  My question is this.   Don't all AR's have apistol grip already?   And if that's the case I cannot have anything else listed or it is non-compliance?

You might want to tread carefully if it's a new purchase. There is current a Bill sitting in the bullpen in Trenton that reduces it to ONE evil feature. They're just waiting for the right tragedy to bring it to the mound. Get something that can be easily modified, if necessary.

16 hours ago, Sniper said:

I read somewhere where they consider a thumbhole stock the same as a pistol grip. I need to go search and see if maybe it was on the "on deck" bill.

the problem in NJ is simple IMO.. 

NJ does not define "thumbhole stock"... so "thumbhole stock" does not exist in NJ law.. pistol grip is however defined.. 

it is something like 
grip similar to that on a pistol - intentionally vague
protruding beneath the action of the weapon - pretty much any grip is in this location
can allow the gun to be held and fired with one hand - again.. vague... not comfortably or practically fired with one hand.. just CAN you fire it with one hand... 

when you consider the definition of pistol grip.. and the lack of definition for thumbhole stock.. you rapidly get to a point where most "thumbholes" are actually pistol grips.. or close enough to it that the argument could be made.. 

2 hours ago, vladtepes said:

NJ does not define "thumbhole stock"... so "thumbhole stock" does not exist in NJ law..

It does in the upcoming assault weapon ban Bill:

...." Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand.  The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two. "

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S1000/548_I1.HTM

12 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It does in the upcoming assault weapon ban Bill:

...." Under the bill, additional criteria are added including a thumbhole stock and a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand.  The bill also requires that only one criteria be met, rather than the currently required two. "

https://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2018/Bills/S1000/548_I1.HTM

wow.. wtf..

36 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

wow.. wtf..

Nice, huh...

Murphy and crew are just waiting for the right incident to sign that into law. Then every AR15 owner becomes an instant felon.... again...

Isn't the communist state of NJ wonderful?

That's why I mentioned to the OP to think ahead with his purchase. This Bill could come up for a vote at any time.

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Nice, huh...

Murphy and crew are just waiting for the right incident to sign that into law. Then every AR15 owner becomes an instant felon.... again...

Isn't the communist state of NJ wonderful?

That's why I mentioned to the OP to think ahead with his purchase. This Bill could come up for a vote at any time.

the ten round limit is tough... if I still lived in NJ I might simply comply at 10.. not because I would want to.. but you know.. weighing risk VS reward.. if thy flat out banned ARs.. that might be my breaking point.. well not just ARs.. ANY PG gun basically.. its insane.. 

There is no way that I would comply with the 10rd mag limit if I still lived in the sh***ole of NJ. I am not saying that I would take mags with more than 10rd to the range, but no way would I modify/destroy them out of fear. People in CO and NY showed much more backbone than the average NJ gun owner

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JC_68Westy said:

There is no way that I would comply with the 10rd mag limit if I still lived in the sh***ole of NJ. I am not saying that I would take mags with more than 10rd to the range, but no way would I modify/destroy them out of fear. People in CO and NY showed much more backbone than the average NJ gun owner

Ya. The real men all ran away from joisey 

• Like 2

The first thing I’m gonna do firearm wise when I leave NJ is to unpin stocks and replace brakes with flash suppressors....just because I can. 

Second thing is to SBR one of my lowers.

Third, is a can....

• Like 1

On 12/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, Sniper said:

You might want to tread carefully if it's a new purchase. There is current a Bill sitting in the bullpen in Trenton that reduces it to ONE evil feature. They're just waiting for the right tragedy to bring it to the mound. Get something that can be easily modified, if necessary.

Like California...... sigh...

On 12/24/2018 at 5:47 PM, JC_68Westy said:

I am not saying that I would take mags with more than 10rd to the range, but no way would I modify/destroy them out of fear. People in CO and NY showed much more backbone than the average NJ gun owner

Sadly, this is true.

On 12/24/2018 at 5:50 PM, Zeke said:

Ya. The real men all ran away from joisey 

So, what are the ones left here called?

1 hour ago, remixer said:

Freedom Fighters :)

Albert Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” I think CRAZIES fits better.