Maksim

What Does Your Spouse/Partner Know About Your Guns?

What Does Your Spouse/Partner Know About Your Guns?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Does Your Spouse Or Partner Know You Have Firearms?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you have to sneak firearms into the house? Have You?

• Yes - All or Most of the Time
    • Seldom
    • Never
  3. 3. Have you ever mislead your spouse/partner about how much you paid for a firearm?

• Yes - Generally do.
    • Yes - But only on a few occasions.
    • No - Never have.

If you have to hide things like this from your spouse, you have picked the wrong partner

If you have a spouse that does not like guns, you are a stones throw away from a visit if he she so chooses...best that your house is in order or your jammed up possibly.

If you are in a relationship, imo, with a person that is not like minded as you are - its not gonna last move on sooner than later.

Life is way tooooooo short to play hide and seeks like babies and or be in a relationship with someone you have to "lie" to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

If you have to hide things like this from your spouse, you have picked the wrong partner

If you have a spouse that does not like guns, you are a stones throw away from a visit if he she so chooses...best that your house is in order or your jammed up possibly.

If you are in a relationship, imo, with a person that is not like minded as you are - its not gonna last move on sooner than later.

Life is way tooooooo short to play hide and seeks like babies and or be in a relationship with someone you have to "lie" to.

I agree with your 1st comment and the 2nd one, but not the 3rd. My wife dislikes firearms. She's not violently opposed, but doesn't want to be involved. We are now going on 33 years this way, and  it still is working out.

Agree  with the last comment for sure, so 3 outta 4 ain't bad. :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

This should of been clear before you said "I do". Dishonesty shows it's head early in the relationship.

See my comment above that one. If you're worried about being ratted out by your spouse, you picked the wrong one, for many reasons besides guns. If you need to tip toe around, you have BIGGER issues.

It depends on what part is not like minded. Each person needs their own hobbies, separate from the other. Each person should respect the other one. You need a like minded person when it comes to houses, finances, kids, careers and other important facts of life... but hobbies can vary and can/should be separate.

I agree with that.

What I've seen is too many guys pick a spouse using the wrong head (that would be the lower one), and not using their upper one, then wonder why the relationship turns to crap.

1 hour ago, 345Sire said:

My wife dislikes firearms. She's not violently opposed, but doesn't want to be involved. We are now going on 33 years this way, and  it still is working out.

Same with me, it's been 38 years, and she respects my hobby, even though she has zero interest in it and actually doesn't like guns. She would never think of telling me what hobby I could partake in, and respects my decisions. This goes back to the comments in the first paragraph regarding the relationship.

The bottom line, if you're having disagreements on different issues at home, the problem is a LOT bigger than you owning guns.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

My wife also knew about my firearms before we got married.  When we dated we went to the range together a lot. Back than there was Tuckers bar in Garfield NJ. The gun range was downstairs. 

Wow, your old.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EX Carnival man said:

Every morning when I out of bed I'm reminded of that.  Ray is that range still there in Hoboken? I think it was on Adams St? 

Burned down a long time ago.

My wife has zero interest in any of the hobbies that I've had over the 30 years we've been married. I learned long ago there wasn't much point in discussing every new camera, lens, guitar or gun. Her eyes would glaze over. Motorcycles were a little different since they took up space. A couple of years ago, I lost my job and she was concerned. I told her not to worry, selling some cameras would carry me for 9 months to a year. "How many cameras could you possibly own?" she asked. LOL. 

The only reason she doesn't know is that she really doesn't care to know.  I'm not hiding a thing.  I am a grown man! I am not going to go through life hiding things from my wife.  If I feared her so much that I needed to hid things from her, it would be time to move on.  That said, I've been married for 26 years with no plans to move on.