Displaced Texan

Damn deer....

Mrs Tex and I were driving around last night looking at Christmas lights and eating cookies, when a pretty sizable buck tried to commit suicide. When I saw him, he was running directly at the drivers side door, and jinked at the lest second, and ran right in front of me. Hit him on the drivers side, took out the headlight, grille, and the left front quarter. Antlers hit the hood in a few places. 

The little bastard didn’t have the decency to die, so I could be eating venison. 

He got up, shook it off, and ran into the woods. The police officer and I combed the woods in the area, but couldn’t find him. 

Damage isn’t bad, but I’m sure it won’t be cheap. Brand new VW Tiguan with 1,200 miles. 

Mrs Tex was a little shook up (she’s a city girl, and had never experienced an attempted deer suicide before), but no one was hurt. We did spill our cookies on the floor. Shame, it was a tasty chocolate chip cookie. 

4529A513-1FC1-46F8-9057-FF5E8DF265E5.jpeg

D4BC9696-54A8-4785-BB3A-8021DA9D604E.jpeg

C15F7668-A20B-421E-8085-CE5D73479AD3.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

Thanks guys. 

The insurance company didn’t mention if it was collision or comp....they will handle it as appropriate. I imagine $4500 in damage. 

Make sure to push this as a comp claim... this should not have an effect on your insurance rating versus a collision claim.  I assume your comp deductible is lower?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Make sure to push this as a comp claim... this should not have an effect on your insurance rating versus a collision claim.  I assume your comp deductible is lower?

Honestly, I don’t know. I have $500 for collision, but not sure what comp is. I’ll have to dig out the policy when I get home, but I think comp is $250.

Been with this company 15 years without a claim, so I doubt they will ding me too badly.