tony357

Champion wheelie bird 2.0 wireless remote

Purchased the new and improved wheelie bird 2.0 took it out for a test run today. works great I ran it off of one of my shop batteries, I think this could be run off a agm 30 series motorcycle battery. 

I may buy a 30 series and try it I would like to incorporate it into the unit so it is not separate.

VID: 28 GA O/U  ammo 8 shot 3/4 ounce wheelie bird 2.0 being activated by wireless remote.

16 minutes ago, Maksim said:

So how long does it run off of a battery?  Would be interesting if there was a way to get one solar running.

How about a smaller battery AND a portable solar panel, so the battery can recharge the whole time you're out there?

@tony357 used my wife’s 3 year old car battery. ( she was starting to get cca issues last winter) . Mine has run 8 hours 13.4-12.87 . Only cost me the core. These things don’t use a lot of juice.

lube the clay holder shaft and manually excercise it( spring, shaft, and thing that looks like a bicycle brake)

watch the adjustment video, when the thing goes full auto and your in da middle of no WiFi central you’ll know how to adjust it.

also, I replaced the pivot and vertical adjustment bolts with stainless ( one fell out after use, lost forever)

i talked with champion last spring, they were supposed to be coming out with a wobbler this past summer. Maybe they still will? Dunno, but that’s gonna use some juice.

I am going to mount motorcycle battery to it, 330 CCA  AGM   I think it will go the distance and I do have solar battery charger panels that can be set up to run. I have a 3 amp panel with regulator that would be good to add if needed.

Zeke yes good info.  They have come out with the wobbler.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I just want to add that I freaking love the Tuckerton area......

I like it down there as well.  We have boats in at Viking every year.   I only got down there twice this year, but it's usually every other weekend.

13 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I like it down there as well.  We have boats in at Viking every year.   I only got down there twice this year, but it's usually every other weekend.

my future inlaws have a place down there and we go down in the summer.  Love it down there, thinking of buying a piece of land on the water and building a house.  It's cheap, republican, pro America, family oriented and people leave you the fk alone.  love it

5 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

my future inlaws have a place down there and we go down in the summer.  Love it down there, thinking of buying a piece of land on the water and building a house.  It's cheap, republican, pro America, family oriented and people leave you the fk alone.  love it

cough... Sandy....cough

1 hour ago, myhatinthering said:

meh, those storms are so infrequent it's not even worth worrying about and if it does happen, insurance.  

hopefully another 50 years.

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

When? Where? Wha?

summabitch!

https://www.opticsplanet.com/champion-traps-and-targets-easybird-traps.html?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=PLA&utm_term=&utm_campaign=4585307086333133&msclkid=1fdb5a8630b2192c9ee806a21a79dcc3&_iv_code=QG-T9-CBFDBA-40913

4 minutes ago, tony357 said:

hopefully?  we hadn't had a Sandy type storm in almost 200years for the NE.  50 years is way too early, no way.  then again, who knows...lol

3 hours ago, tony357 said:

Thank you! Champions website sucks! Found a pdf that confirms the optic planet one.

@Krdshrk

http://www.championtarget.com/resources/downloads/Champion_ThrowerChart.pdf

so who’s getting the wobbler? 

21 hours ago, Maksim said:

So how long does it run off of a battery?  Would be interesting if there was a way to get one solar running.

Depends on the size of the battery.  I think I calculated my thrower and battery to about 12,000 throws before requiring a recharge.

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Thank you! Champions website sucks! Found a pdf that confirms the optic planet one.

@Krdshrk

http://www.championtarget.com/resources/downloads/Champion_ThrowerChart.pdf

so who’s getting the wobbler? 

Thanks.... Not me lol.. unless I find it cheap...

On 12/26/2018 at 4:55 PM, Zeke said:

i talked with champion last spring, they were supposed to be coming out with a wobbler this past summer. Maybe they still will?

I've been reviewing Breaking Bad trying to find the episode where Walt makes the wobbler for the M60.  I'll get back to ya.