JMich3

AR sling

2 point quick adjust such as a Magpul MS1, VTAC, or Blue Force Gear VCAS.

The sling is the “holster” for your rifle.

If you are doing anything other than bench shooting you should have a sling. 

Personally, a sling is the first accessory I put on an AR. I think it is the most important add-on, followed by a white light and then an optic.

Avoid single-point slings. They blow goats.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JMich3 said:

Thanks for the input guys, I’ll look into a 2 point adjustable

I like the Israeli one to be honest.  It's a great sling, quiet, has a pouch I put cleaning/batteries in and when off prone, it's like being up against a wall!  Plus, the added benny is that if you want to see what it looks like on a rifle, odds are you will get a hot Israeli chick in the pic too....just sayin...lol

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I use single point. i'm trying to make myself feel comfortable with a 2 point, but I just can't do it. 

I can help you feel comfortable with 2 point.. 

next time at the range work up your heart rate a little.. run your rifle mag till empty.. then drop your long gun so its hanging just by the sling.. transition to your handgun.. now sprint as fast as you can.. 

you are welcome.. 

I also only use a single point sling on the small guns, namely my jersey-legal AR pistols. It's a homemade one made from 1.25" webbing.

For my match ARs, I use this sling from Creedmoor.

For the rest of my ARs I generally run this military web sling. You can use it as a hasty sling, or as a 1903-style rifle sling. Makes hitting your target easier than not having it.

7 hours ago, High Exposure said:

2 point quick adjust such as a Magpul MS1, VTAC, or Blue Force Gear VCAS.

The sling is the “holster” for your rifle.

If you are doing anything other than bench shooting you should have a sling. 

Personally, a sling is the first accessory I put on an AR. I think it is the most important add-on, followed by a white light and then an optic.

Avoid single-point slings. They blow goats.

Listen to this man. 

I have a Magpul MS4 dual QD sling that allows me to switch between single and two point. As for mounts, my one rifle has a A2 rifle stock so I used a Troy M16A4 mount in the rear and a Magpul RSA QD pic rail attachment in the front. I picked the Troy because I use PRI gas buster charging handles and this one didn't interfere with it. My other rifle is a S&W M&P Sport II with the fake complaint carbine stock, so I used a TangoDown Carbine Sling Mount, because every other mount I saw required removing the stock, which is impossible with the complaint design S&W uses. The TangoDown mount is two pieces and is also able to work with the gas buster handle. I put a Magpul MOE SL M-Lock hand guard in this rifle, so I used their M-Lock QD Sling Mount. Believe it or not, getting this setup done on these rifles required lots of time, and some trial and error. A bunch of other mounts were bought and returned because they wouldn't work with my setups. I am happy with this setup as it is now, and I am glad I can use one sling with both rifles, and have pretty much identical functions on each.