Sign in to follow this  
myhatinthering

R51...

I'm itching to pull the trigger on this as I dig the looks, after initial hiccups the redesign reviews are stellar, it's cheap, and the original was outstanding.  Downside, it's new Remington but at $250?.....

https://www.gunbuyer.com/remington-r51-9mm-3-4-barrel-7-1-smoke-gray-black-96234.html?utm_source=GunBuyer.com+Newsletter&utm_campaign=c48cd09fd1-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_27_07_34&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4243491712-c48cd09fd1-122884777&mc_cid=c48cd09fd1&mc_eid=8b10fe7e76

18 minutes ago, PK90 said:

I shot one before. It was accurate. BIG pain in the ass to disassemble. 

that's the consensus on these.  Definitely not px4 easy to disassemble for sure

I have the xds and a snubnose already but I did the design of this and the original was an excellent firearm.  They probably should have kept it in .380 and there would be no problem but the reintroduced models are apparently very well received.   For 250, it's a throw away

14 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

that's the consensus on these.  Definitely not px4 easy to disassemble for sure

I have the xds and a snubnose already but I did the design of this and the original was an excellent firearm.  They probably should have kept it in .380 and there would be no problem but the reintroduced models are apparently very well received.   For 250, it's a throw away

Get a ppk or pps 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zeke said:

R51 is not the replacement by any means 

not by any stretch but never gave that impression.

New modern design of a reliable and well regarded classic at a very low price point.  Reviews are great, ergonomics are good, delayed  blowback design and compact.  Seriously considering hitting this tonight.  Iv'e been 'seeing Steve' quite a bit lately...lol    Have to tell him a new FN 15 SPR tactical is on the way now...

but this new handgun is $250! 

32 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

but this new handgun is $250! 

In that case, get a High Point.  It will probably be more reliable, cost less, better warrenty and looks dope.

• Like 1

Can find the original Remington 51 (.380) for like $600 to $650 on GunBroker... I’m sure they work well.

If Remington wanted to put out a gun like the original (successful carry gun), you cannot screw it up. Definitely can’t screw it up the second time. Only Remington pistols I’ll buy have to be on my C&R. Even that Rohrbaugh thing they did wouldn’t interest me... but to be fair, the original Rohrbaugh wouldn’t interest me, either.