Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

911 outages across USA... Do You Have Plan "B"?

This is a good wake-up call for all of us. If you can't reach 911 for an emergency, do you have a Plan B in place to handle the emergency, depending if it's a injury, fire, robbery, etc?

Remember, when seconds count, first responders are only minutes away, or in the case of this story, never to arrive.

BOISE, Idaho (AP) — Federal officials and at least one state say they’ve started an investigation into a nationwide CenturyLink internet outage that has caused 911 service disruptions.

Federal Communications Commission Chairman Ajit Pai made the announcement Friday, saying the outage that started Thursday is “completely unacceptable” because people who need help couldn’t use the 911 emergency number.

CenturyLink spokeswoman Debra Peterson said the outage is not related to hacking, She declined further comment.

https://apnews.com/1454add5707d41118930e49ae5752f11

Let me suggest that calling 911 is already plan B.  Whether fire, home invasion, medical emergency, whatever, there are generally steps to take first, followed fairly quickly by a call to 911

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 10X said:

Let me suggest that calling 911 is already plan B.  Whether fire, home invasion, medical emergency, whatever, there are generally steps to take first, followed fairly quickly by a call to 911

That's exactly the way I look at it. Plan A is me.

Plan B is to call 911 so the police can come and take a report.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Just another reason to hope for the day these bastards get dragged out of their cocktail parties and get "Gaddafied" in the streets!

Evil exists in Trenton...

10 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Just another reason to hope for the day these bastards get dragged out of their cocktail parties and get "Gaddafied" in the streets!

Evil exists in Trenton...

Visit your county 911 center.. that is a job I could never do. Nobody calls to say hi

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Visit your county 911 center.. that is a job I could never do. Nobody calls to say hi

I was referring to the Trenton Thieves stealing our money and pissing it away on BS like defense fund for illegal ALIENS

• Like 1