Zeke

Birdcage on Netflix

Saw a "news" story from HuffPost. Didn't read it because the headline said it was full of spoilers but the headline also said the movie is about white people not seeing racism. The trailer looked interesting so I will give it a shot.

The plot reminds me of The Happening.

12 minutes ago, brucin said:

Saw a "news" story from HuffPost. Didn't read it because the headline said it was full of spoilers but the headline also said the movie is about white people not seeing racism. The trailer looked interesting so I will give it a shot.

The plot reminds me of The Happening.

Huh? I did not read racism in the movie at at all.

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Huh? I did not read racism in the movie at at all.

You know those SJW's, everything is racist. I did not read the article because I didn't want to spoil the film.

The article according to the headline and tagline was more about how the story was an analogy for white people failing to see racism.

If you can find the article let me know. I'm not sure when I'll get to the film as I'm working this weekend.

Sorry not HuffPost here is the link.

https://www.theroot.com/netflixs-bird-box-is-really-about-how-white-people-dont-1831345159

I enjoyed the movie.

That said, of COURSE Sandra Bullock winds up in an interracial relationship.

In TV/Movies these day EVERY couple is either two gay guys or two gay girls and if it's not the prior, it's interracial.

If the relationship is involves a white male, he will be gay or with a black women.    It's pretty annoying.  I could give a shit what people do but there are people who date within their own race on occasion and are hetero.   I know, it's a shocking statement.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I enjoyed the movie.

That said, of COURSE Sandra Bullock winds up in an interracial relationship.

In TV/Movies these day EVERY couple is either two gay guys or two gay girls and if it's not the prior, it's interracial.

If the relationship is involves a white male, he will be gay or with a black women.    It's pretty annoying.  I could give a shit what people do but there are people who date within their own race on occasion and are hetero.   I know, it's a shocking statement.

Not sure what TV/Movies you are watching but most mainstream movies/TV shows are still white/white hetero.

42 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Wait, did you mean Bird Box or Birdcage?

That's what I was wondering too..

If it was Bird Box, we just watched it tonight.

After reading some of the posts in this thread, are you guys talking about two different movies.

@Zeke, which one?

59 minutes ago, siderman said:

This thread is confusing the heck outta me. Isnt Birdcage an old gay movie with Robin Williams and Bird Box a new sci fi? At least the trailers in tv look like it. Where's the anti /racism stuff?

I perhaps error’d with the title. It’s bird Box.

but, I will roll with it

14 hours ago, Greenday said:

Not sure what TV/Movies you are watching but most mainstream movies/TV shows are still white/white hetero.

not even close so don't try that.  Every freaking show has to have interacial, gay couples or someone from the left's social engineering flavor of the month club

as someone who couldn't give  a crap about this stuff in the past, even helped my republican ww2 vet grandfather marry 2 gay couples in Vermont before it was legal anywhere, I've now moved into the anti column.  I'm tired of having stuff crammed down my throat and teach my accordingly.  Liberal left wants us to accept and think this all bs is mainstream, it's not.  Gays are less than 3% of the population and while I don't begrudge anyone their lifestyle, don't force it on me.  I do think trannys are deranged and it's a mental condition and I'm not changing my view.  If you look at manufacturing, 2-3%is baked into warranty returns, humans are no different

I'm tired of the word racist being used so liberally.  Most don't even know true racism much less the difference between bigotry, racism, and hate.  Oh and I've lived ALL over the country, in every region and the NE is BY FAR THE MOST RACIST and it's not even close

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

not even close so don't try that.  Every freaking show has to have interacial, gay couples or someone from the left's social engineering flavor of the month club

TV shows are bad enough but tv commercials are far worse.  Its out of control.  Department stores, cell phones, pizza, medications, insurance, etc.  They pile it on thicker every day.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

TV shows are bad enough but tv commercials are far worse.  Its out of control.  Department stores, cell phones, pizza, medications, insurance, etc.  They pile it on thicker every day.

completely agree, I've begun not buying those brands.  I'm absolutely sick of it, sick of it.

anyone see the liberal guy in Atlanta yesterday have his meltdown over a Trump wearing customer who he then called a ni%%er?  liberals are so censoring, bigoted and racist it's amazing they are not called out more on it.

I've told my boys, you judge people on who they are and how they treat you and others around them and that skin color does not matter.  I also tell them that you stick to your own kind and I explain that means people, not race, that hold the same values etc.  That said, my kids will go to PSU.  If you've ever been to PSU during a game, you'll understand why and will NEVER send them to Rutgers

7 minutes ago, Zeke said:

My wife did” it’s bird box dumbass “

Good god, I both love - and pity - that woman. Btw, did she follow that up with: "so.... now that you know, change the title on the thread, dumbass"...? :facepalm:

• Haha 1