Maksim

Updates, Fixes & Requests - 12/30/2018

Fixed a few things, added a few things.

• Fixed logins so you can now:
  1.  Login with your display name OR email.  This was an issue with at least one person with non standard characters where on mobile iPhones used a different charset.
  2. Can login with Facebook or Twitter, will look at Google later, although Google+ is in the process of being phased out.
  • Added reactions including
    • Agree
    • Disagree
    • Informative
    • FacePalm
    • image.png

I am still looking into Tapatalk.  They have not updated their app in over 6 months and figuring how we can make it work without crashing the forum.  Will keep updated.  The User app which you download, is not the issue.  The issue is the tapatalk app that is installed on our server which lets Tapatalk see content.  Their app crashes our forum.

• Agree 1

Question, when scrolling new Activity, when I click on a new post, it doesn't always take me directly to that post. Sometimes I just get dropped haphazardly somewhere in the thread, and have to scroll down to the new post. Doesn't happen all the time.

15 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Question, when scrolling new Activity, when I click on a new post, it doesn't always take me directly to that post. Sometimes I just get dropped haphazardly somewhere in the thread, and have to scroll down to the new post. Doesn't happen all the time.

Is it lag perhaps?

What devices? Desktop? Ipad?  Possible to replicate? 

56 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Is it lag perhaps?

What devices? Desktop? Ipad?  Possible to replicate? 

No lag. I'm on a laptop running Firefox. This didn't happen before the forum update. I'm on the same version of Firefox, so no updates here.

Trying to follow along to see if it replicates, but haven't seen a pattern yet.

Just now, Sniper said:

No lag. I'm on a laptop running Firefox. This didn't happen before the forum update. I'm on the same version of Firefox, so no updates here.

Trying to follow along to see if it replicates, but haven't seen a pattern yet.

Only thing I can think of is after the update, did change the way the pages are generated.  It is possible, especially because we load many posts per page, it tries to take you to the post before it had a chance to load.

In the next update in a few months, there will be a change in terms of how pages/posts load so should be resolved.  Will try to keep an eye out on it myself.

Other times when it may be slow is around 3AM eastern... this is when our daily backups are created for the entire server and transfered offsite.  

1 hour ago, Maksim said:

Only thing I can think of is after the update, did change the way the pages are generated.  It is possible, especially because we load many posts per page, it tries to take you to the post before it had a chance to load.

I'm wondering if it happens when linking to a post at the end of a long thread/page. I'll have to pay attention, that might be it. When scrolling the Activity tab, if the new post is only a few spots down the thread, it will go directly to it. If that post is at the end of the page, that might be why it doesn't go directly, but stops on a post somewhere mid-page.

I'll have to track it.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Maksim said:

Fixed a few things, added a few things.

• Fixed logins so you can now:
  1.  Login with your display name OR email.  This was an issue with at least one person with non standard characters where on mobile iPhones used a different charset.
  2. Can login with Facebook or Twitter, will look at Google later, although Google+ is in the process of being phased out.
  • Added reactions including
    • Agree
    • Disagree
    • Informative
    • FacePalm
    • image.png

I am still looking into Tapatalk.  They have not updated their app in over 6 months and figuring how we can make it work without crashing the forum.  Will keep updated.  The User app which you download, is not the issue.  The issue is the tapatalk app that is installed on our server which lets Tapatalk see content.  Their app crashes our forum.

Added reactions are a boon, thanks.

I too, am on a laptop, using Chrome, and sometimes instead of going to the "newest unread post" my clicking on a thread goes right back to the first page, first post, even if I've already gotten to page 8 or similar. Not that big a deal, but a trifle inconvenient. I wouldn't put it high on the list of things to work on, not with all I imagine is involved in tweaking this stuff.

I'm sure your plate is pretty full. Mine gets crowded just trying to READ the stuff here and a few other forums I like to peek in on. Let alone opening my big yap at times.

Maks

is it possible to add a way for users to be able delete their posts they started rather having to change title to "please delete" or bother a admin?

I would like to be able to remove my posts in marketplace etc when no longer needed. Admins aren't deleting them