TacticalITGuy

.300 Blackout question

Curious if anyone has purchased or built one. I'm in the process of several builds and one is a .300, last thing I need are hand-guards for my builds. I want to get the .300 in a 16" to cycle both super and subs consistently. I picked up a silly cheap name brand 16" barrel on clearance for $60 during Black Friday. I compared gas ports on the barrel to a 5.56 and it is noticeably larger. It does have pistol length gas. And I ordered 2 Aero Precision buffer kits today with 3oz. buffers. I'll probably throw an H or H2 in my 5.56 build. Last but not least after watching a vid from Elvis Ammo on YouTube (that the Reich Chancellor of Propaganda hasn't taken down yet) who was lobbing 230gr cast lead PC'd bullets downrange in a 16". His cycling issue was due to his BCG being melonite and not NiB so I ordered a NiB today for $90 on sale. Is there anything I missed? I ask as I will be reloading .300 down the road and I like the science behind reloading, so experimenting with different recipes is a must for me. 

On 12/31/2018 at 12:09 AM, TacticalITGuy said:

His cycling issue was due to his BCG being melonite and not NiB so I ordered a NiB today for $90 on sale.

That is nonsense.  NiB is nice because it's easier to clean but it does not make the rifle more functional.

On 1/2/2019 at 7:55 AM, carl_g said:

From what I have read, if you want to run both suppressed and non suppressed an adjustable gas block makes life a lot easier.

Or buy an AAC upper. When I was looking to build a 300 BLK, I read of too many issues with trying to shoot supers and subs, especially suppressed.

i bought an AAC 9" upper and I've never had an issue with supers or subs, suppressed and unsuppressed.