Sniper

IRS Had 4,487 Guns; 5,062,006 Rounds of Ammunition

I never knew going after tax cheats required such an arsenal and high level of weapons. It makes you think that they classify all of us as Al Capone.

Also, the IRS stockpile makes you guys look like a bunch of amateurs with your collections. :yahoo:

The Internal Revenue Service had in its weapons inventory 4,487 guns and 5,062,006 rounds of ammunition as of late 2017, according to a report published this month by the Government Accountability Office.

Included in this arsenal, according to the GAO, were 15 “fully automatic firearms” and 56,000 rounds of ammunition for those fully automatic firearms.

The guns in the IRS inventory also included 3,302 pistols, 623 shotguns, 543 rifles, and 4 revolvers.

The ammunition stockpiled by the IRS—in addition to the 56,000 rounds for its fully automatic firearms--included 3,156,046 pistol and revolver rounds, 368,592 shotgun rounds and 1,481,368 rifle rounds.

Also,  making sure the Romaine lettuce is safe requires some major firepower too!!!!

The same report--"Federal Law Enforcement: Purchases and Inventory Controls of Firearms, Ammuntion, and Tactical Equipment"--says that the Office of the Inspector General of the Department of Health and Human Services had 194 fully automatic firearms and 386,952 rounds of ammunition for those fully automatic firearms.

gaotable42.jpg

gaotable42.jpg

Just remember this famous line: "We're from the Government, and we're here to Help".

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/gao-irs-had-4487-guns-5062006-rounds-ammunition

15 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I was wondering why revolvers? When spending OUR money, why not load up on semi-autos?

Since they are spending our money, I assume the revolvers are Pythons and Korths.

15 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Yeah, I did the math on that as well......Still need way more.  They don't pay for it, we do, so why stop at 1,128?:)

Our wunnerfil tax collectors are so well trained by our efficient systems that they only need 1 round per deadbeat.  :facepalm: Ooops, I hope my wife didn't try to deduct my firearms training courses.:scared:

19 hours ago, 10X said:

Since they are spending our money, I assume the revolvers are Pythons and Korths.

These revolvers are most likely S&Ws left over from the olden days when revolvers were general issue.  Probably used for training purposes.  If an agent encounters a revolver in the field they still need to know how to make it safe.

18 hours ago, Malsua said:

1128 rounds per firearm.   That's a good start but they should have more.

I'm not familiar with IRS qualification and training requirements.  I'm sure they are pretty much on par with other Federal agencies.  If am agent carries only one gun they pretty much go through 1000 rounds a year just shooting the normal quarterly qualifications and training. 

• Like 1