vladtepes

Had an accident at the range today need advice..

14 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I built the 7.5in with the hopes of suppressing it one day.. but my another concern is clearing the handgaurd.. I am not sure what suppressor I could use that would work.. 

7in handgaurd 7.5in barrel.. so it is like right there.. 

How much diameter do you have?   The liberty cans seem to have a pretty small circumference and are multi cal.  Fixed barrel has piston.  If you put a muzzle device on are all threads above the hand guard?  If so the can will sit in the bottom ledge of the muzzle device and clear that way.  YHM, SIG, AAC all have cans that attach to their flash hiders and muzzle brakes. 

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

How much diameter do you have?   The liberty cans seem to have a pretty small circumference and are multi cal.  Fixed barrel has piston.  If you put a muzzle device on are all threads above the hand guard?  If so the can will sit in the bottom ledge of the muzzle device and clear that way.  YHM, SIG, AAC all have cans that attach to their flash hiders and muzzle brakes. 

only 1.35... 

I am more thinking the solution is a suppressor that attaches to a muzzle device.. 

its a 7.5in barrel with a 7in hand guard.. so in theory if I had a muzzle device that uses .5in to attach to rail.. and then the suppressor attached past that... I think I would be fine.. 

5 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

The AuG is less too.  I have a consumer aug love it so I thought I’d consider the FA.  Under fear of having the shit slapped out me consider the AUG moved to the top of the list.  Lol.  

I’ll buy whatever you don’t get.  Lol.  

9 hours ago, vladtepes said:

only 1.35... 

I am more thinking the solution is a suppressor that attaches to a muzzle device.. 

its a 7.5in barrel with a 7in hand guard.. so in theory if I had a muzzle device that uses .5in to attach to rail.. and then the suppressor attached past that... I think I would be fine.. 

Damn iPhone typo.  Fixed barrel has no piston.