Vicious

Where are the Colt SAA’s?

5 minutes ago, Vicious said:

That does not bode well for me, buddy.

Sorry man.... I question Colts sanity on a regular basis. 

They over produce guns nobody wants while under producing guns people are dying to own.
Someone needs to be fired over there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, remixer said:

Sorry man.... I question Colts sanity on a regular basis. 

They over produce guns nobody wants while under producing guns people are dying to own.

LMAO, 100% accurate. I can buy like 50 Cobras right now.

They had a Rep. named Brent (CS rep?) over on 1911 Forums (IIRC). He was awesome, always provided updates on products and support for people with issues. I think he helped Colt more than any one individual employee.

Long story short, back when they downsized the custom shop, he was laid off. Now there is no way to get any good info. out of Colt.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, remixer said:

There have been restructuring, rebuilding, rebranding and refurbishing tries at Colt.  But to no avail.  Ruger, S&W, Taurus and even Uberti have been reaping the benefits. 

38 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

There have been restructuring, rebuilding, rebranding and refurbishing tries at Colt.  But to no avail.  Ruger, S&W, Taurus and even Uberti have been reaping the benefits. 

There is a demand for their products, and you have enough crazies like me that still have faith in Colt. They need someone with some business sense at the helm.

7 hours ago, Vicious said:

There is a demand for their products, and you have enough crazies like me that still have faith in Colt. They need someone with some business sense at the helm.

Their days are numbered, plain and simple.  

On 1/2/2019 at 5:11 PM, Vicious said:

Like trying to find a unicorn. I remember a few years back watching these gather dust on shelves. Now that I want one, I can’t seem to find it. I know Colt made cuts in the custom shop, but are they down to one of these a year?

I’m looking for a SAA with 5.5” barrel in .45 Colt. Anyone seen one laying around somewhere that’s not 3k+?

Go on the Colt forum. 3rd gens are usually around $1800-2000 in the member classified section. You will have to join the forum.

4 hours ago, 9X19 said:

Go on the Colt forum. 3rd gens are usually around $1800-2000 in the member classified section. You will have to join the forum.

Actually managed to pick one up, if you scroll up, you can see a pic.

As I stated in a post after that one, I sent it back to Colt due to some cosmetic issues.

Here's my .44 special.    traded a S&W model 29 for it back in mid 80's at the Washington Arms Collectors show out in Puyallup, WA.

used to load black powder cartridges and shoot it.    Have not shot this one in over 30 years probably.   It was unfired when i got it but back than they were very common out there and never gave collector value any thought.   

colt saa 006.JPG

7 minutes ago, revenger said:

Here's my .44 special.    traded a S&W model 29 for it back in mid 80's at the Washington Arms Collectors show out in Puyallup, WA.

used to load black powder cartridges and shoot it.    Have not shot this one in over 30 years probably.   It was unfired when i got it but back than they were very common out there and never gave collector value any thought.   

colt saa 006.JPG

She is a beauty. I have to shoot everything I own. I like the .44, however I wanted the .45 Colt because I am going to get a .45 ACP cylinder as soon as Colt starts taking orders again. According to the customer shop manager, it is slated to happen before the end of this year.

@Vicious

Inquiring minds want to know, what are/were the cosmetic issues that the pistol went back with?  Do you have a date for it to return?  

Something for you to drool over while you await its return:
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/ruger-super-blackhawk-transformation.66175/

2 hours ago, Bully said:

@Vicious

Inquiring minds want to know, what are/were the cosmetic issues that the pistol went back with?  Do you have a date for it to return?  

Something for you to drool over while you await its return:
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/ruger-super-blackhawk-transformation.66175/

Wow, I want those grips! That is going to be a beautiful piece. I can’t wait to see the finished gun.

It went back because of the following:

Ding on the rear of the cylinder

Chatter marks on the trigger guard/ front strap

Overly rounded edges on the trigger guard/ front strap

Right grip panel not square with frame

Tool marks in the cylinder window (only visible with cylinder removed,; may be normal)

One chamber misshapen on front due to a number stamped too close to the edge

I received a call from Patrick (custom shop manager) where he informed me that they would do what they can to make it right. He said if it is going to take too long (man hours on their end) to correct, however that they may contact me for a replacement or refund.

1 hour ago, Vicious said:

Wow, I want those grips! That is going to be a beautiful piece. I can’t wait to see the finished gun.

It went back because of the following:

Ding on the rear of the cylinder

Chatter marks on the trigger guard/ front strap

Overly rounded edges on the trigger guard/ front strap

Right grip panel not square with frame

Tool marks in the cylinder window (only visible with cylinder removed,; may be normal)

One chamber misshapen on front due to a number stamped too close to the edge

I received a call from Patrick (custom shop manager) where he informed me that they would do what they can to make it right. He said if it is going to take too long (man hours on their end) to correct, however that they may contact me for a replacement or refund.

Yikes.