tgz13

New Addition

Good to see a forum dedicated to NJ.

I am originally from Staten Island, transplanted to Old Bridge about a yr and a half ago. I had shot a few handguns and riffles over the years, but this was my first time going through the process to get my own. Well I can now say the wait is over..

2 months and almost exactly 1 week, and my firearm ID card and permits have arrived. Took in the mail as I do every other day, only today there was an envelope from Old Bridge Police. As soon as I saw it I knew it had to be my id card & permits.. wohooo

Now I need to find a place to go look at Beretta's. Anyone have a good place in or around Middlesex or Monmouth counties? I am currently leaning towards either a 92FS or M9 (or M9A1). Anyone.. Anyone.. Bueller?

See you around..

Thanks,

Tom Z.

Welcome and congrats!

2 months is not bad at all. How many permits? hehe

Half hour away from you is BrickArmory/ShoreShot. Both have a nice selection of firearms. I beleive there is also a shop in Rahway.

Also, check out Old Bridge Gun club... a bit expensive, but only game in your own town. =P

Welcome and congrats!

2 months is not bad at all. How many permits? hehe

Half hour away from you is BrickArmory/ShoreShot. Both have a nice selection of firearms. I beleive there is also a shop in Rahway.

Also, check out Old Bridge Gun club... a bit expensive, but only game in your own town. =P

I was settled in for the long haul. A buddy of mine waited over 4 months for his, so I was excited it was only 2 months :)

I only got 2 permits, 1 just didn't seem like enough though :D

Thanks I will have to check them out. BTW thanks for pointing me in this direction from Beretta Forum.

Welcome, the shop in Rahway is The Firearms Guild. There is also a shop in Sayreville called The Sayreville Sportsman on or by Journey Mill Rd. I have not been there in some time though. In Shrewsburry there is a shop called Lannigans on Shrewsburry Ave. They cater to LE but sell to civillians as well. And do not forget Effingers on Rte 28 in Bound Brook.

Good Luck

Lou's gun shop in Raritan NJ! The owner worked for berreta and is a cert. through them. Mike is the owner. Beware!!! He is a pisser! Has not quams with the F bomb, will tell you exactly how he feels about something even if you do now want to know, and like to complain! That said I left his shop nearly peeing myself. I thought his prices were reasonable. He is ordering me the CX Storm I want. As Far as Effingers. They prices are TOO HIGH! The Firearms Guild has great prices on AMMO and I thought they were very nice. The sell guns like gas. You have a cash price and a credit price. Then my fav. The bullet hole in belleville. I know they are a trip but, they are one of the busier gun shops arround so they have very good conections to the dealers. They get alot of inventory. I have never had a problem getting cases of ammo from them and lastly there prices are very good.

I have bought quite a few guns from the Sayerville Sportsman its on Washington Ave in Sayerville. Joe the owner is a good guy I thought his prices were reasonable and he will take trade ins as well. I stop by just to hang out and shoot the bull. Its that kind of store. he has a lot of used firearms so you never know what you'll find till you walk in. lots of Kimbers if you like 1911s.

TC

btw, if you want to look at berettas, both shore shot and brick armory have a good amount of them.

Thanks everyone for all the great info, I have added all of them to my list of places to check out.

Thanks Maksim, those 2 seem to be the most recommended, and since they are close together I will have to check them both out really soon.

During my wait I tried to no be overly excited b/c I knew it would be a while before my ID card & permits came in. Now that they are in I am in full on I need to get moving mode

I have bought quite a few guns from the Sayerville Sportsman its on Washington Ave in Sayerville. Joe the owner is a good guy I thought his prices were reasonable and he will take trade ins as well. I stop by just to hang out and shoot the bull. Its that kind of store. he has a lot of used firearms so you never know what you'll find till you walk in. lots of Kimbers if you like 1911s.

TC

I was close with Journey Mill ;) Thanks for street.

Lou's gun shop in Raritan NJ! The owner worked for berreta and is a cert. through them. Mike is the owner. Beware!!! He is a pisser! Has not quams with the F bomb, will tell you exactly how he feels about something even if you do now want to know, and like to complain! That said I left his shop nearly peeing myself. I thought his prices were reasonable. He is ordering me the CX Storm I want.

Thats putting it mildly. Some character. He will surely let you know how he feels. He is a good guy though. Be prepared to spend some time there...he can & will talk!!!

I will definitely have to check out Lou's, I enjoy places where I can just shoot the bull with the owners.

If anyone happens to stumble across a Beretta M9A1 or M9 please let me know. Those are 2 at the top of my shopping list right now. Not sure what I will get with my second permit though hmmm