Maksim

You'll Never Smoke Cigarettes Again!

8 hours ago, fishnut said:

I haven't had a cigarette in about 9 years and I still want one 

Good keep it that way.   I’m sorry you still have cravings—it speaks to how powerfully addictive  nicotine is.  

I want to preface my remark that I don't smoke.  I haven't smoked in 12+ years.   I don't like smoking, but I don't give a crap what other people do.

Your lungs are not cotton balls and plastic tubing.  They are a living organisms that have the ability to clean themselves.  

Here's an analog.     Think how many times a working girl takes a shot up the middle in a given week.   24 hours later, there is little to no evidence although some gifts keep on giving forever....   Do the same test into a plastic baggie.    24 hours later  you've got a biohazard that needs a hazmat team.

• Crazy 1

What a waste of cigarettes. I just quick smoking a year ago so I still have sympathy for the money wasted in that experiment.

But I agree with @Malsua, hardly an accurate analogy. Besides your lungs not being plastic and cotton balls I also didn't see that contraption exhaling, expelling a good amount of those toxins for others to enjoy :unsure:.

51 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Think how many times a working girl takes a shot up the middle in a given week.   24 hours later, there is little to no evidence although some gifts keep on giving forever....   Do the same test into a plastic baggie.    24 hours later  you've got a biohazard that needs a hazmat team.

Creep

3 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Good keep it that way.   I’m sorry you still have cravings—it speaks to how powerfully addictive  nicotine is.  

Yup I'll never touch a cigarette again. Nicotine is a slippery slope with me and I never want to go through withdrawal ever again. Twice is enough.

3 hours ago, Malsua said:

I want to preface my remark that I don't smoke.  I haven't smoked in 12+ years.   I don't like smoking, but I don't give a crap what other people do.

Your lungs are not cotton balls and plastic tubing.  They are a living organisms that have the ability to clean themselves.  

Here's an analog.     Think how many times a working girl takes a shot up the middle in a given week.   24 hours later, there is little to no evidence although some gifts keep on giving forever....   Do the same test into a plastic baggie.    24 hours later  you've got a biohazard that needs a hazmat team.

Lungs will clear themselves but can’t keep up with the smoking.  If you stop and your lungs are healthy they will eventually clear.  However there is the cancer, huh blood pressure and stroke risk while consuming cigarettes.   

Your argument with respect to the vagina is incorrect.  The female body will process and dispose of unused semen and sperm through immune system response.   It doesn’t just sit there rotting.  The risks are with diseased hosts that may be making deposits but with undiseased hosts it’s not an issue.   

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-to-excess-sperm-that-is-deposited-in-a-womans-body-during-coitus

I’m not my brother deeper either but will support those who stop.  And congrats to you as well for quitting.  

39 minutes ago, Rob0115 said:

Lungs will clear themselves but can’t keep up with the smoking.  If you stop and your lungs are healthy they will eventually clear.  However there is the cancer, huh blood pressure and stroke risk while consuming cigarettes.   

Lungs will clear themselves.  Exactly what I said.  Cotton Balls and plastic tubing does not.

Your argument with respect to the vagina is incorrect.  The female body will process and dispose of unused semen and sperm through immune system response.   It doesn’t just sit there rotting.  The risks are with diseased hosts that may be making deposits but with undiseased hosts it’s not an issue.   

How is it incorrect to state that the female body self cleans?  That was exactly my point.

39 minutes ago, Malsua said:

I just have misunderstood your point about the female body.  Most organs have resistance.  Lungs can heal but not under the continued onslaught of a multi pack a day smoker.  

Lastly handling male secretions is part of the standard function for the female body.  Lungs weren’t created with smoking in mind. 

5 hours ago, Malsua said:

If you want to get sll sciency about it, this isn’t necessarily the case. Smoking a cigarette temporarily paralyzes the mucociliary escalator responsibly for sweeping the lungs clean. If you smoke enough, you bascially shut it down 24 hours a day and the inflammatory toxic crap all just sits there.

Lung parenchymal tissue is also not very regenerative. If you inflame it, you provoke enzymes like trypsin to chew up the tissue. This destroys the architecture of the lungs and causes emphysema. Inflammation can also lead to fibrosis, which is just as bad.

The worst effect of smoking isn’t even on your lungs - it’s on your cardiovascular system. The majority of smokers will not get lung cancer, but they will die of heart attack and stroke. 

• Like 3
  • Informative 2

8 minutes ago, Handyman said:

If you want to get sll sciency about it

Damn, @Handyman! That post was like a science throw-down... and a complete departure from the usual biting sarcasm we've come to know and love. What prompted this? New Year's resolution? :p 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Nah, just trying to keep people alive. I can’t stand people in real life. If all the aholes on this board smoke themselves to death I’ll have no social outlet.

THERE you are... welcome back!!!! 

• Like 1