Sniper

Woo Hoo.... Murphy Grabs His First Felon With a Large Capacity ClipaZine

This must make him so warm and fuzzy.. see the state is safer now that another 30 round scary ClipaZine is off the street.... oh, wait, 30 round mags have been illegal since the 1990s... Wait, don't all criminals follow existing laws.... I'm so confused now....

A township man is behind bars, facing several criminal charges, after he fired at least a dozen shots from an AR-15 “assault rifle” during a dispute Tuesday morning, the Pennsville Police Department said.

The bullets struck three homes and a parked vehicle but no one was injured, police said.

Investigators located several .223-caliber rounds scattered in Morales’ driveway that had been fired by an AR-15, police said.

Morales told police he fired the gun in self-defense at a vehicle fleeing the scene following a physical altercation at his home, authorities said.

During a search of his basement, police confiscated the blood-covered rifle and a 30-round magazine that had three rounds left in it, according to the affidavit.

Police charged Morales with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of an assault rifle, possession of an extended magazine clip and nine counts of aggravated assault.

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2019/01/02/pennsville-nj-police-man-fired-assault-rifle-salem-county-jesus-morales-new-jersey-gun-laws/2463690002/

WXOy4lM.jpg

45 minutes ago, CageFighter said:

im curious what the truth is about what really happened.

I heard third party that 3 noncompliant mags have been surrendered to Andover PD (not sure if PD or trooper barracks)

Oh BTW I've shot my first two deer with a suppressed rifle.  Supersonic ammo but it does take the blast out.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Fleeing car? Gang turf war or drug dealer?

Not sure what it was, but one thing is clear, this guy needs more range time.

According to police, Morales says he was assaulted then began firing while fleeing the scene.

Bullet holes were discovered on the sides of three houses and a vehicle.

No one was reported hurt.

https://6abc.com/police-man-gets-into-fight-fires-ar-15-while-fleeing/5004770/

So, he shoots 3 houses and a car, but doesn't hit his intended target? Is he a NYPD LEO?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sniper said:

This must make him so warm and fuzzy.. see the state is safer now that another 30 round scary ClipaZine is off the street.... oh, wait, 30 round mags have been illegal since the 1990s... Wait, don't all criminals follow existing laws.... I'm so confused now....

A township man is behind bars, facing several criminal charges, after he fired at least a dozen shots from an AR-15 “assault rifle” during a dispute Tuesday morning, the Pennsville Police Department said.

The bullets struck three homes and a parked vehicle but no one was injured, police said.

Investigators located several .223-caliber rounds scattered in Morales’ driveway that had been fired by an AR-15, police said.

Morales told police he fired the gun in self-defense at a vehicle fleeing the scene following a physical altercation at his home, authorities said.

During a search of his basement, police confiscated the blood-covered rifle and a 30-round magazine that had three rounds left in it, according to the affidavit.

Police charged Morales with possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, unlawful possession of an assault rifle, possession of an extended magazine clip and nine counts of aggravated assault.

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2019/01/02/pennsville-nj-police-man-fired-assault-rifle-salem-county-jesus-morales-new-jersey-gun-laws/2463690002/

What a dumbass!!

He only used NINE rounds so he didn't even need the high capacity assault magazine-clip!!!!!

28 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

What a dumbass!!

He only used NINE rounds so he didn't even need the high capacity assault magazine-clip!!!!!

Yes, but the three houses and the car he hit didn’t go down, so clearly 9 rounds weren’t enough to neutralize the perceived threats. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/news/crime/2019/01/02/pennsville-nj-police-man-fired-assault-rifle-salem-county

What about the rounds scattered in his driveway? Did he shoot at the ground? Or did they fall out of the extended magazine clip?

It's unlawful to protect your home?

It's not an assault rifle!!

There is no such thing as an "extended magazine clip"!!

I thought weathermen had it easy. Now a reporter can say anything they want and use the most ridiculous phrases they can think of and its fine. Will probably get a Pulitzer for this.

4 minutes ago, Danno said:

There is no such thing as an "extended magazine clip"!!

I thought weathermen had it easy. Now a reporter can say anything they want and use the most ridiculous phrases they can think of and its fine.

Ha Ha

Here's their first report on Facebook, note what they called the "magazine" in it. It looks like they were caught, then went back and corrected it. The corrected version was the one I posted above.

LkDNDtp.jpg

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

even is he didn't have a standard capacity clippyzinemagger, he'd be screwed....can't shoot at someone fleeing

Report: "...he fired the gun in self-defense at a vehicle fleeing the scene"  :facepalm:

Da Truf: He was disrepected and pissed off...and apparently a really bad shot.

11 minutes ago, SIGMan Freud said:

Report: "...he fired the gun in self-defense at a vehicle fleeing the scene"  :facepalm:

Da Truf: He was disrepected and pissed off...and apparently a really bad shot.

Because ARs were not meant to be fired with the eject port facing the sky!

Looking at the picture of the dude's face, I wonder who put a hurt on this guy - the attackers or the popo?

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Danno said:

What about the rounds scattered in his driveway? Did he shoot at the ground? Or did they fall out of the extended magazine clip?

It's unlawful to protect your home?

If someone is fleeing, you are not protecting your home by shooting at them and also shooting at random other houses.  Someone fleeing is no longer a threat.

Sounds like this guy really needed some range time.

13 minutes ago, leahcim said:

If someone is fleeing, you are not protecting your home by shooting at them and also shooting at random other houses.  Someone fleeing is no longer a threat.

Sounds like this guy really needed some range time.

I think a brain would have served him better than range time. 

• Agree 2

I am pretty sure that there are very few states  if any (Pennsylvania also not included!) where one can lawfully discharge a firearm at a fleeing /retreating bad guy.

I am curious if the rifle really met the definition of a so called "assault rifle" given the numerous charges against him.

A few questions I have- 

Was he a convicted felon in possession of a fire arm?

Is he in this country legally, and if not will he be able to use the new illegal immigrant find for his defense?

And most importantly, what will they plea this down to?

The courier post link said 12 rounds fired 3 remained in magazine, but call it a 30 rnd magazine clip charge.... to me it adds up to a last month legally modified 15/30 that is being whooped up into a 30 round possession charge because the dopey Barney fife pd sees a 30 round mag body and didn’t actually verify capacity before taking evidence pics and charging lol ....

I get the guys an idiot and there’s  a ton wrong with the whole situation but it’s probably safe to say they guys not one of the 17,000 post count posters on here and might have been unaware of the law change like the majority of nj gun owners may be that are not involved with forums/gun groups etc (njgf membership number vrs total nj gun owner number)

2 hours ago, pjd832 said:

I get the guys an idiot and there’s  a ton wrong with the whole situation but it’s probably safe to say they guys not one of the 17,000 post count posters on here and might have been unaware of the law change like the majority of nj gun owners may be that are not involved with forums/gun groups etc (njgf membership number vrs total nj gun owner number)

I'm sure this guy was a totally law abiding citizen with his 10 round mags.

UMWROXCR65DS3JP4JFBQWEPBAA.jpg

• Agree 1