Mrs. Peel

Women's Social Shoot - Jan 9 - 6-8 pm - Tactical Training Center, Flemington, NJ

I'm just throwing this out there... @Mrs.Zeke and I attend these monthly events pretty regularly... at least one of us is usually there and we both will be there for the upcoming one on Jan 9th. It's a very nice event - just for the ladies!  :girldance::girldance::girldance:

It's open to the public. Non-members pay $25 - for that, you can nice snacks and bottled water in their VIP lounge, then an RSO comes in and let's you know what the target is for that night, then you get your rental gun (included in the $25 fee) and spend an hour at the range. Afterwards, it's more leisurely chit-chat and snacking back in their lounge. Snacking, chatting and shooting - what's not to like? It's a good group, too - ranging from first-time shooters to very experienced. 

I figured I'd mention it in case you have a woman in your life who might be interested. If she's a noob, I promise you we'll make her feel welcome --- in fact, Mrs. Zeke and I will cluck around her like a couple of Mother Hens! Give me a heads-up via PM if you know someone new is attending so I/we will be on the lookout for them.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

12 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I'm just throwing this out there... @Mrs.Zeke and I attend these monthly events pretty regularly... at least one of us is usually there and we both will be there for the upcoming one on Jan 9th. It's a very nice event - just for the ladies!  :girldance::girldance::girldance:

It's open to the public. Non-members pay $25 - for that, you can nice snacks and bottled water in their VIP lounge, then an RSO comes in and let's you know what the target is for that night, then you get your rental gun (included in the $25 fee) and spend an hour at the range. Afterwards, it's more leisurely chit-chat and snacking back in their lounge. Snacking, chatting and shooting - what's not to like? It's a good group, too - ranging from first-time shooters to very experienced. 

I figured I'd mention it in case you have a woman in your life who might be interested. If she's a noob, I promise you we'll make her feel welcome --- in fact, Mrs. Zeke and I will cluck around her like a couple of Mother Hens! Give me a heads-up via PM if you know someone new is attending so I/we will be on the lookout for them.

@Mrs. Peel & @Mrs.Zeke

I am excited to learn of this new monthly women's shooting event.  It is the first I'm hearing of it.  I'd like to find out as much as possible, and to help build the ranks through an article on CNJFO's Facebook page.  Of course I'd like to mention you two & your connection to this forum, as well as give a brief overview of the activities, who's sponsoring it (the range, an unincorporated club, etc.), costs & fees, as well as any future plans for formal organized training such as a discounted hand gun class if you show up to these gatherings.  In short, I'd like to offer TTC & you ladies my time & talent to build upon what already seems like a really fun outing!  I want as many women as possible to learn to shoot & enjoy doing so, as women decide if their offspring CAN touch a gun.  Women & kids are our future (I don't have to tell you ladies that) and I want to support THAT in whatever way possible!

(I only wish guys would take a lesson from you ladies by mixing food into the mix on a monthly basis like Tony Simon does at his Diversity Shoots---it really WORKS to build camaraderie)

Happy New Year to both of you (and to everyone reading this thread)!

Rosey

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

I am excited to learn of this new monthly women's shooting event.  It is the first I'm hearing of it.  I'd like to find out as much as possible, and to help build the ranks through an article on CNJFO's Facebook page. 

@Smokin .50 --- This one has been around for awhile now, but I guess it's not really on the radar screen as it should be. I know you're always soliciting people to write articles for your Facebook page... though I'm not a Facebooker myself, I would be happy to provide you with an article. Just PM me the parameters on desired # of words & images.  

Assuming TTC wants the publicity (I can't imagine they wouldn't), I'll interview the owner, the RSO, a couple of participants and deliver you a final draft with quotes/pics, how's that?

BTW, there's a few other ladies' groups and events around that I'm aware of that should really get some more publicity as well... I'm going to be attending a few in Jan/Feb - and I'm open to doing the same thing for them, too. This will flow quite nicely into one of my "2A New Year's Resolutions" - spending 8 hrs a month on pro-2A stuff. ;) 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

Rosey, you sly fox.  I call wing man!

Wing Man?  That reminds me, I have to plan the CNJFO 2019 Wing-Ding & Pizza Party at Manville Pizza w/ Anthony (the owner) & start advertising it!

Seriously though, I would never just "show-up" to a women's event w/o being asked to attend.  Poor form.  Besides, we do have several women CNJFO committee chairs & members that might be able to attend given a month's notice.

Any time you wanna be my Wing Man is fine by me.  Lunch?  Dinner?  FWIW I've started using the images you gave me from the Rally.

3 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

@Smokin .50 --- This one has been around for awhile now, but I guess it's not really on the radar screen as it should be. I know you're always soliciting people to write articles for your Facebook page... though I'm not a Facebooker myself, I would be happy to provide you with an article. Just PM me the parameters on desired # of words & images.  

Assuming TTC wants the publicity (I can't imagine they wouldn't), I'll interview the owner, the RSO, a couple of participants and deliver you a final draft with quotes/pics, how's that?

BTW, there's a few other ladies' groups and events around that I'm aware of that should really get some more publicity as well... I'm going to be attending a few in Jan/Feb - and I'm open to doing the same thing for them, too. This will flow quite nicely into one of my "2A New Year's Resolutions" - spending 8 hrs a month on pro-2A stuff. ;) 

I'll send you a PM so we can can over the particulars.

Your idea for article format w/ pix is EXACTLY what I had in mind.  Thanks for volunteering!

Attend as many events as you like & write about all of them.  We need news about women shooting that other women can relate to.  There's going to be a Women On Target at Old Bridge the last Saturday in April that will draw 70 participants.  I can get you invited to cover it OR you can attend it.  Let me know :) 

The Well Armed Woman has 3-4 Chapters in NJ, and SAW works out of Gun For Hire's Woodland Park Range.  I know most of the women that run these chapters, several are my friends.  I can keep you BUSY :) 

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Saw a pic of her & a Realtor friend of hers posing outside a home w/ a caption that mentioned "Home Inspection", so if things went OK, she (they) may be in the process of closing and/or moving.  She hasn't been active on Facebook much this past week or so, so they may be packing.  House is in Morristown.

~R

15 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Saw a pic of her & a Realtor friend of hers posing outside a home w/ a caption that mentioned "Home Inspection", so if things went OK, she (they) may be in the process of closing and/or moving.  She hasn't been active on Facebook much this past week or so, so they may be packing.  House is in Morristown.

~R

Jus trying to help, and not be a pig

Just now, Zeke said:

Jus trying to help, and not be a pig

Rhiannon LOVES the hobby, that's for sure!

As for the not bein' a pig part, only @Mrs.Zeke can vouch for you, lol!  And whatever ya do, don't ask @Ray Ray, lol!

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person

• FacePalm 1