vladtepes

Backpack AR

Made some changes to my SBR.. pretty happy with the outcome.. 

SBR-20190106-1.png

SBR-20190106-2.png

SBR-20190106-3.png

SBR-20190106-4.png

SBR AR15 with Folding Stock

S&W Lower 
Geissele SDE Flat Trigger
Umbrella Corp Grip
Vltor Stock
Law Tactical Folder
Magpul Magazine
AR-Stoner 7.5in Barrel
Black River Tactical Comp
Daniel Defense Front Sight
Troy Rear BUIS
Larue Delat Point
Noveske NSR
BCM Rail Covers
Larue Rail Covers
Daniel Defense Front Grip
Magpul QR Sling 
Magpul M-Lok Sling Mount (modified to mount on the NSR mounting screws)
Arisaka Light Mount 
Surefire M300
Surefire Remote Switch

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Nuce. Swiss army knife of ARs.

Have you added the total cost?

its up there cost wise.. but I look at it in the sense that I only own a few guns.. so while my spend per gun may be higher than some people.. my total gun investment across all guns owned is low to moderate.. 

11 minutes ago, silverado427 said:

Is this Heaven.  No it's PA. Looks great. 

ty

26 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Looks great. How do you like the deltapoint?

I like it a lot.. it is the triangle reticle.. 

tip is 0 at 50 yards so I have a couple options when shooting 
Center Mass: just put the triangle center mass and shots are a hit
Precise: use the point of the triangle 

its fast.. and wide open.. which I like more than the Aimpoint and Eotech... which are both great optics.. I just prefer this.. it also is more clear to me (I think I have an astigmatism) 

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Firsr Delta Point I got, the triangle was tilted. Returned it for the dot for fear of future issues.

I remember you saying that.. and it was definitely concerning... but I have had 0 issues with mine so far... I actually have two.. 

I wanted to use a RMR but I could not get the right setup in reticle and power.. I really wanted a powered green triangle RMR but that doesn't exist.. 

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

I like it a lot.. it is the triangle reticle.. 

tip is 0 at 50 yards so I have a couple options when shooting 
Center Mass: just put the triangle center mass and shots are a hit
Precise: use the point of the triangle 

its fast.. and wide open.. which I like more than the Aimpoint and Eotech... which are both great optics.. I just prefer this.. it also is more clear to me (I think I have an astigmatism) 

Awesome thanks. Im nearing the end of a lighter-weight build and optics is one of the last things I need. I have an astigmatism as well but just deal with it but I had been going back and forth between a holosun T1 clone and a small reflex sight like this. Decisions...decisions....

5 minutes ago, shooter28 said:

Awesome thanks. Im nearing the end of a lighter-weight build and optics is one of the last things I need. I have an astigmatism as well but just deal with it but I had been going back and forth between a holosun T1 clone and a small reflex sight like this. Decisions...decisions....

I had an Aimpoint T1 and no fault to Aimpoint because its clearly my eyes.. but it looked like a burning comment failing to the earth.. LOL

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

I had an Aimpoint T1 and no fault to Aimpoint because its clearly my eyes.. but it looked like a burning comment failing to the earth.. LOL

Lol yep. I have a T1 on my Larue rifle  and a holosun on a AR I built for my brother. Both look kind of similar. I know where the center is supposed to be so I’m able to use it just fine. I really like the looks and size of these reflex sights tho....might go in that direction for this gun. 

7 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Is this Heaven.  No it's PA. Looks great. 

you know I thought about this more.. and I think the main reason I built this gun.. was because its almost everything I could never have in NJ.. the ability to walk around with a SBR in a backpack with a 30 round mag.. the only thing missing IS a suppressor.. lol 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vladtepes said:

you know I thought about this more.. and I think the main reason I built this gun.. was because its almost everything I could never have in NJ.. the ability to walk around with a SBR in a backpack with a 30 round mag.. the only thing missing IS a suppressor.. lol 

Are you allowed to carry an SBR loaded in PA? Last I heard ccw of long guns was not legal but I'm not sure if that pertains to SBR's. 

I'm slowly amassing parts for a 300blk AR "pistol" for my truck gun because it's illegal to have a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle here in NH. I had plans to SBR it but then I have to keep it unloaded for transport so I'll save 200 bucks and build a pistol instead. 

23 minutes ago, fishnut said:

Are you allowed to carry an SBR loaded in PA? Last I heard ccw of long guns was not legal but I'm not sure if that pertains to SBR's. 

This is the real reasons those pistol braces are useful. Nothing to do with beating the Gov out of a $200 stamp.

For a dedicated carbine? Absolutely - SBR that bitch. 

But.... if you want to carry an AR loaded in a backpack, in your car, under a jacket, use a pistol brace and keep your AR classified as a pistol and it can be your CCW with the pistol on your hip a BUG.

* This pertains only to those living in Free America.

16 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

This is the real reasons those pistol braces are useful. Nothing to do with beating the Gov out of a $200 stamp.

For a dedicated carbine? Absolutely - SBR that bitch. 

But.... if you want to carry an AR loaded in a backpack, in your car, under a jacket, use a pistol brace and keep your AR classified as a pistol and it can be your CCW with the pistol on your hip a BUG.

* This pertains only to those living in Free America.

Also I'm 20 mins away from the Maine border and cross often. If I had an SBR I'd have to notify the ATF but not with an AR pistol. 

I'll save the 200 bucks and get a stamp for a suppressor instead. 

44 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I'm slowly amassing parts for a 300blk AR "pistol" for my truck gun because it's illegal to have a loaded long gun in a motor vehicle here in NH. I had plans to SBR it but then I have to keep it unloaded for transport so I'll save 200 bucks and build a pistol instead. 

SBR satisfies PA carry requirements.. so yup... 

loaded in the front seat

loaded in a backpack

no problem.. I will post more information later