Maksim

Let see those Rimfires. =P

Dredging this thread back up as I have a new addition that is finally camera worthy.

I have joined the score of 15-22 owners:

photo-11.jpg

I ordered the CA Compliant version (# 811032), and had TJ pin the stock. This version also comes with the 10-round magazine.

I replaced the stock sights with a Magpul MBUS set I had laying around after I scrapped a previous project, and also had matching FDE rail guards and a cheap FDE sling adapter/sling. Otherwise, everything else is stock, and I don't see myself doing much else to it.

Still need to zero it, and hopefully I'll have the opportunity in the next weekend or two.

Hey Ben,

Just curious why you went with a CA compliant version instead of the NY compliant one, (811031)?

Hey Ben,

Just curious why you went with a CA compliant version instead of the NY compliant one, (811031)?

I got the CA one because I wanted to have the stock pinned where I thought it'd be most comfortable. The NY compliant one is pinned at the max length which is just not comfortable at all for me.

ETA: The difference between the two is that the CA one comes with a telescopic stock (which I had pinned at my FFL prior to being picked up). The NY one is already fixed at max length, as previously noted. Both come with the 10-round magazine though.

Also to add, it shoots like a dream. Zeroed just fine, and then ran it relatively hard for about 170-180 rounds with no malfunctions.

I got the CA one because I wanted to have the stock pinned where I thought it'd be most comfortable. The NY compliant one is pinned at the max length which is just not comfortable at all for me.

ETA: The difference between the two is that the CA one comes with a telescopic stock (which I had pinned at my FFL prior to being picked up). The NY one is already fixed at max length, as previously noted. Both come with the 10-round magazine though.

Also to add, it shoots like a dream. Zeroed just fine, and then ran it relatively hard for about 170-180 rounds with no malfunctions.

Ok, that makes sense, thanks. Glad you're enjoing it. I'm thinking about getting one.

Guest tAKticool

My next project is this:

I have a Remington 597 Dick's Combo Package : OD Green Synthetic Stock, 3-9x38? Scope branded as "Remington Scope", ... I am going to do the Volquartsen target hammer, the Volquartsen extractor, some sling studs for a basic sling or maybe if possible, a crazy blacktikal tacticool single-point like the MS2, a Harris Bipod, and some more Rem magazines.

Not sure on barrels... People say their barrels arefine, even the NOT bull barrels are really really good. Anyone got some info/specs/links of nice nice Rem 597 barrels pref. heavy/ BULL Barrels.

img0787im.th.jpg

img0785vj.th.jpg

img0788eu.th.jpg

img0789vz.th.jpg

I've been snapping pics of my portfolio of firearms, I "forgot" that about two Christmas's ago I received a pretty awesome camera from my Dad, didn't really ask for it or need it but it was an awesome gift and I have decided I enjoy taking photographs of my gats with my camera. So I figured I'd resurrect this thread and bump this baby right up to the top, share my rimfires and encourage you to share yours as well.

The first/top rifle is a Savage Mark II GXP ... It was a combo purchased from Dick's Sporting Goods (as I understand it, in Savage's product codes "XP" stands for Combo [comes with scope] and many of Dick's Sporting Goods rifles [Especially rimfire rifles] are combo packages with scopes) ... It is a .22LR, bolt-action, wooden stock, awesome rifle that came with a Bushnell Rimfire 3-9x40mm scope. Many internet forum commandos and not-nice-people/know-it-alls will tell you that any and all combo-pack scopes suck. This scope was FAULTLESS, the ONLY reason I was forced to replace it was because some DB at the range in the stall next to me knocked it over, and it took a cosmetic blemish on it. I didn't care but then I realized it messed up the internals and I could never get it to mantain zero, barely able to actually even zero it each range session, let alone maintain it. So it now wears a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40mm BDC scope and it's an AWESOME rifle setup. Basically, this rifle was on the shelf with the scope for $199.99 ... I had mentioned to the person I was told it was recently on sale for $149.99, the guy was like "well that sale passed sorry." So I took out my phone, called up Dick's # on their website, and they said "Just ask for the manager and give him your phone" and Dick's office told the store mgr no problem, sell it for $149.99 ... The Store Manager said, for your trouble, I'll give you 10% off any accessories you buy right now for it. So I wound up getting the combo for %149.99 , and i also purchased a cheap soft rifle case, a spare magazine (they only had one and they're priced at like $22.99 for a 10 round cheapo mag, sheesh), a Hoppee's Rimfire cleaning kit, and I think a brick of CCI Standard Velocity 500rd pack, and he gave me 10% off all that stuff. It was great. Now this was maybe March 2010. Fast forward to May of 2011 and I needed a new scope, they had the Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40mm for $199.99, and I figured I would try again, I asked the manager if they would "match the price I found on the internet" and I ran a quick iPhone google search, the manager is like sure, what price you found? I see $165.99 and he's instantly like "yeah no problem tell the cashier $165.99" and that was it, done. Got the combo for $149.99, all the accessories that night 10% off , and got the scope for $165 instead of $199. And as I've said the rifle is dead-on accurate, a lot of fun to shoot, and it's a beautiful firearm to look at and handle. In retrospect I wish I had the bull barrel they have on another Mark II package but hey, can't have Everything now can ya.

The next rifle on the picture is my S&W M&P 15-22 .22LR AR which everyone is very familiar with. My particular rifle, I went all out on. Mine wears a Magpul MOE stock all the way closed, MOE Pistol Grip, front and rear MBUS, a full quad-rail compliment of XTM panels in a custom digital camo pattern, an Angled Fore Grip, and I have an Aimpoint Micro R-1 for it... At the time of purchase I did not purchase a Mount for it, and I was pissed when I found out I needed to spend another $100... and I wound up putting the R-1 on my Mossberg 930 SPX and I just can't take the damn thing off, I like it so much on the shotgun lol. As many people know these 15-22's make such great fun ... Just so much fun to shoot, and they'd make such great little "tactical squirrel" rifles... I mean if I was taking my dog for a hike or I was going camping I'd almost want to carry this it's so much fun.

And the bottom rifle is/was actually my first long gun purchase, it's also a Dick' Sporting Good's combo pack, Remington 597 .22LR. It was $199.99 and came with a "Remington" branded 3-9x32mm scope. This rifle sucked when I purchased it. I wanted a .22LR and was just getting into firearms, it looked like a good rifle for a good price, I trusted the name Remington, and they had a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .308 for $499.99 and it was like an exact match for the 597, also OD Green synthetic stock, with a scope, I planned on purchasing the 700 too. I bought some Remington rimfire ammo at the time of purchase. I could not get more than 2 or 3 shots per magazine to actually fire . I was so frustrated with this rifle, it was terrible. I would up changing to more expensive Remington rimfire ammo, still sucked. I bought a different brand, I think I got 3-5 shots per magazine, it still sucked. I wound up putting this rifle away and then I bought the Mark II a few weeks later, the 15-22 a month after that, and the 597 sat untouched for a year. I decided a year later to do something about this, I wanted this rifle to work... I bought the Volquartsen Edge Extractor, the Volquartsen Target Hammer, some sling studs, swivels, & a sling, and a Nikon ProStaff 4-12x40 "Nikoplex" scope. Had it all professionally installed, and I got back a new rifle. Now the rifle is like a rimfire Rem 700, it has absolute reliability, dead nuts accuracy, amazing speed when you really get on it, and it's Fun to shoot now. Very happy I did the upgrades. Still considering a Boyd's Tacticool stock, looks like a good idea. And there is always the $300-$450 Volquartsen barrels, but that's just getting a little redonkulous now, but i like the rifle so much now I might do it you never know.

So that's what I got for now, I'd still like the MP5 and perhaps someday a .17HMR or .22MAG, maybe someday.

That first rifle is insane.

Not having any experience with the full-on .22 copies, I'm assuming it was an AR with a conversion kit?

Also curious about what the second one is - with the stock built in the receiver. I have seen that before, but not sure what yours is.

133da168.jpg

Ruger 10/22 with a T-rex stock in voodoo blue, ER Shaw SS barrel with helical fluting, and a Tasco 10-40x by 50mm scope. Trigger isn't installed because it is getting polished and smoothed. I need to do something about the coating on the scope it started flaking off on me after the second time mounting it.

That first rifle is insane.

Not having any experience with the full-on .22 copies, I'm assuming it was an AR with a conversion kit?

Also curious about what the second one is - with the stock built in the receiver. I have seen that before, but not sure what yours is.

That is a Cavarms MKII one piece polymer lower/grip/stock, Which helped shave a little weight for her to be better able to utilize it.

Wife shooting my U22 Neos Inox. This is the very first time she ever shot a gun. Man it was a pain. LOL. She was more concerned with the shinny brass than being safe, that's for sure.

:spruceup:

post-3540-0-05839900-1311885638_thumb.jpg

Very nice, you will like the way it shoots, it's the same gun I got for my wife and just happened to do the transfer with Ira also. lol

Harry

thanks Harry i will find out tommorow how it shoots. i really like the way it feels in my hand.the wife likes it also .