Shane45

Clausing Mill

Just throwing it out there. Clausing Mill. Very highly sought after for home use as its a true knee mill but not a 2800lb Bridgeport. Its basically considered a tool room mill. Very accurate. Has power feed. Has complete ER25 Collet set. I have too many heavy things to move! $2k. Vice not included. Original MT2 collets also included. 

clausing.jpg

What kind of shape is the mill in?  Is this something you where using? What is your time frame - When do you need it out? 

Admittedly I know nothing about using a mill -- That being said, I've always wanted one to play with and learn something new on

15 minutes ago, Heavyopp said:

What kind of shape is the mill in?  Is this something you where using? What is your time frame - When do you need it out? 

Admittedly I know nothing about using a mill -- That being said, I've always wanted one to play with and learn something new on

Jer, this is a very desirable mill for the home hobbyist as it's relatively small/light but can do a lot of what the bigger machines can do.  They can't take massive cuts but if you are working on gun stuff, small cuts are what makes the day.  Additionally they are somewhat limited with the MT2 taper (as opposed to the more common R8) but there are work arounds.  For 60 bucks you can get an MT2 spindle with an ER32 collet head and run plenty of tool sizes.  It will take up more space but again, if it's just or mostly gun stuff, it shouldn't be an issue.  

12 minutes ago, Bully said:

Jer, this is a very desirable mill for the home hobbyist as it's relatively small/light but can do a lot of what the bigger machines can do.  They can't take massive cuts but if you are working on gun stuff, small cuts are what makes the day.  Additionally they are somewhat limited with the MT2 taper (as opposed to the more common R8) but there are work arounds.  For 60 bucks you can get an MT2 spindle with an ER32 collet head and run plenty of tool sizes.  It will take up more space but again, if it's just or mostly gun stuff, it shouldn't be an issue.  

I can't say it would be mostly gun stuff but certainly gun stuff too -- honestly I don't know what I'd use it for -- I just know I want one with the mindset that I would find uses for it once I knew how to use it

Thanks Bully. The mill is in great shape. A complete er25 Collet set is included. Ill snap some pics of it for you. Nice and accurate. This would be a fantastic mill to learn on as everything is basically the same as a full size mill since its a true knee mill. Ive done 1911 frame rail fitting and ball mill cuts on 1911 slides. Ive done precision boring for press fits. The power feed works well and is included. You hardly ever see power feed on these so its kind of rare. I need it out by the 24th or its coming with me :). I started on a clausing, I traded up to a bridgeport, it was to much to deal with in my small space and didnt really offer me any advantage for the things I am doing, but plenty of disadvantage every time I needed to move 3200 pounds! The clausing is a breeze to move by comparison.