babagan00sh

The NJ Outdoors show this weekend - discounts? any good?

My wife and I like going to different events - the Flower shows, the home shows, the NJ Outdoor Expo that's at Assimpink in the fall, the sporting events up in Suffern, etc.

So I was surprised when I got an email this week from Heritage Guild about Evan Nappen speaking at the Outdoor expo this weekend.  I didn't know about this show at all!  

http://www.gsoss.com/inside.html

In the last few weeks, we've been to Tactical Training a few times, RTSP in Union for the grand opening and a couple months ago at RTSP in Randolph to hear Evan speak there... and I'm always looking at the bulletin boards / signs in the stores and me just thinking I keep up with local events in the newpapers and websites, I totally missed this.  WE get post cards and emails about the suffern shows... but nothing about this.

Would anyone know:

Did you know about this show?

Is this a new show?

If not new, have you been there before and how would you rate it compared to the shows in Suffern and Assimpink?

Do you know of any discounts?  I see the web / advance sales are $10.75... on site it's $15 and it talks of some sort of $3 credit? (maybe if you pay cash)

Thanks!

Although I'll probably go, it doesn't compare to when it's in Harrisburg.  That's the big one.  It's this Feb. You should try for that one. It's huge.  Hotels are getting scarce though. We booked out in Hersey for best price and availability.  There's a possibility of more local vendors in Edison.  At Harrisburg it's usually just manufacturers when it comes to guns. But it is fun.  

OK I was doing some more searching for discount codes and I saw that the deer classic is going to be here. I had seen an ad for that in the hunting digest and for some reason thought that was a couple weekends away and I missed the small print saying it would be at the outdoor show. But yeah no other ads for the show.

And I saw on the show website it’s the 36th annual. Can’t believe I’ve been missing it all this time 

Bob thanks! Harrisburg.! Have to look into that!  My wife just got her first pistol. So shooting / outdoor stuff is an easier sell for her now I think :-)

We’re always intrigued with all the shows. The serendipity I guess -  one thing leads to another.  you see a vendor and that opens up a whole new hobby / place to visit / thing to do.  

We went to a local high school band holiday craft fair in 2017, my wife got hooked on kumihimo beading and made presents for everyone for 2018.  And we hit beading stores whenever we travel.  

People get a laugh - you have a gun AND do beading?!   Breaking stereotypes I guess. 

• Like 1

Again - example of serendipity / 1 thing leads to another.  I started wondering size of Edison vs. Somerset convention center (and foolishly saw Raritan on their floor plan and wondered if it was at the somerset location) 

We've gone to the wrong convention place over the years  : )

Turns out the convention center at x10 287 closed... 1 1/2 years ago!?  a) i didn't know that and b) less chance me screwing up which place to go to : )

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Although I'll probably go, it doesn't compare to when it's in Harrisburg.  That's the big one.  It's this Feb. You should try for that one. It's huge.  Hotels are getting scarce though. We booked out in Hersey for best price and availability.  There's a possibility of more local vendors in Edison.  At Harrisburg it's usually just manufacturers when it comes to guns. But it is fun.  

Some manufacturers. I checked the vendor list and was a bit disappointed by who will be there. I was hoping to see Glock, Walther, Springfield, Aimpoint, EO Tech, and Ruger.

Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Colt, Fostech, IWI, H&K, and Mossberg will be there. I'm planning for Feb 2nd. 

Heritage and Henry were there last year. Heritage is nothing to get excited about but Henrys are fun to play with. 

Actually my favorite was the bird call vendor building. It sounded like you were in an over crowded jungle.