revenger

" important information " ?

I keep getting a pop up that states,  (   "Important information "    I accept  )  on my phone when I go to this site,  anyone know what this is.   its like a virus or malware that wants me to click on "accept"

Is this being generated by this site for a reason?       anyone know wtf this is.

I see it too.  i also see it on a PC, at least in chrome(Edit: I also see it in IE), when I use an incognito window.  Its probably some built into the website/forums/skin warning about cookies (i see something like that on lot of websites these days).... but i guess only @Maksim can answer that or not

Example below:

1-9-2019 4-22-58 PM.png

I'm NOT seeing it, running Firefox with AdBlocker Plus, so maybe it's coming off of one of Max's advertisers.

37 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

It's probably a ToS something or other that got installed when Maks updated the forum software.  He probably meant to add some text, but then, shiny metal object.

Nah, just part of the software upgrade that sends your information and postings directly to the NSA and CIA.... Nothing to see here..

2 hours ago, raz-0 said:

I'm going to guess it is a standard module to support compliance with the EU cookie law and GDPR. I suspect it is not configured with a policy statement. 

Yes, GDRP compliance question which was in the middle of updating... although our traffic is generally restricted to United States.