Lakota

S333 Double Barrel handgun

Another solution in search of a problem.  Or more likely, one in search of someone with $400 and no better idea of how to spend it. 

I’ll just leave this head-scratcher from the website here:

“By combining standard ammunition and birdshot, each pull of the trigger will deliver an incredible combination of firepower and very light recoil,”

58 minutes ago, MartyZ said:

I know this is a much contested topic, but wouldn't this fall under the purview of the NFA since it's 2 fired rounds from a single trigger pull?

Unlike the double barrel 1911 or AR15 which both have 2 separate triggers?

“Would the ATF consider the S333 a machine gun because of two shots with one trigger pull?”

The answer? No. We spoke directly with the good people at Standard Manufacturing, who said, “The S333 is not subjected to the NFA provision because it does not meet the ATF definition of a ‘machine gun.’ It is, however, defined as a ‘firearm’ of the ‘pistol’ type.”

5 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

“Would the ATF consider the S333 a machine gun because of two shots with one trigger pull?”

The answer? No. We spoke directly with the good people at Standard Manufacturing, who said, “The S333 is not subjected to the NFA provision because it does not meet the ATF definition of a ‘machine gun.’ It is, however, defined as a ‘firearm’ of the ‘pistol’ type.”

how would that fly in NJ?

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

I'd like to see that letter.

Machinegun (ATF DEFINITION)
The term “machinegun” means any weapon which shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manual reloading, by a single function of the trigger. The term shall also include the frame or receiver of any such weapon, any part designed and intended solely and exclusively, or combination of parts designed and intended, for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun, and any combination of parts from which a machinegun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the control of a person.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:35 PM, High Exposure said:

Meh, been done already.

Arsenal Firearms AF2011:

Kim3yoj.jpg

Cop 357 Derringer:

7BXVNGy.jpg

I've seen the 4 barrel one before, and saw a 1911 type double shooter similar to what you put up. I like the 4 barrel better just from an aesthetic standpoint. 

This is the first revolver I have seen with double barrels. 

I know the applications are limited, but the concept, as Griz said, is just to see if it can be done. Looks like it can. :good:

Like RayRay, I appreciate the brainstorming it took.

The COP 357 came out a loooooooonnnnnnng time ago.   I seem to recall a three-word review of it at the time:   "This is junk", or something similar.

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

DVr5gMY.jpg

The triple barrel, 18-shot Pistola con Caricato revolver. Select fire to use one, two, or all three barrels with a single trigger pull.

WOW is not sufficient to express my reaction. That's fricken COOL!

It looks like it's a top break, I've long had an interest in those, but have yet to find one in my price range/condition. 

Man oh man, thanks for sharing THAT!

It's very rare for me to learn of a type of firearm that I didn't know existed, but it happened here.  I had no idea this was a thing.   It was made sometime in the early 1900's chambered in .25 ACP.   And bad news for most collectors--it's possible that the one in the photos was the only one ever made.

The triple barrel revolver