Sign in to follow this  
1LtCAP

pro mag

probably the wrong section......but.....

anyone used promag mags in their pistols? I can find those for my beretta for about 21 bucks apiece...…..would prefer either  factory beretta or mec gar....but those seem to be stupid expensive. 

Pro Mags are crap.  They're cheap for a reason.

Which beretta are you looking for mags for?  I found the cheapest 10 rounders for my M9A3/92FS were from Beretta USA Directly.  Buying more than 1 gets you a discounted price.  There are other discounts too (beretta forum one works now that it's not on sale)

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-92fs-magazine-9mm-10-rds/jm92f-c80404/

With the beretta forum discount, 4 mags comes to $96.88 or $24.22/mag.  Free shipping over $25 right now.

Cheapest for OEM mags right now as far as I can tell.

Weeelllllllll as soon as I posted this...... found Mec Gar mags cheaper.  $22.99 each (not including shipping).  $4.99 flat shipping comes to $96.95 - so without the beretta forum discount you can get good mags at about the same price.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/92-9mm-10rd-mecgar.html?___SID=U

9 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

Pro Mags are crap.  They're cheap for a reason.

Which beretta are you looking for mags for?  I found the cheapest 10 rounders for my M9A3/92FS were from Beretta USA Directly.  Buying more than 1 gets you a discounted price.  There are other discounts too (beretta forum one works now that it's not on sale)

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/beretta-92fs-magazine-9mm-10-rds/jm92f-c80404/

With the beretta forum discount, 4 mags comes to $96.88 or $24.22/mag.  Free shipping over $25 right now.

Cheapest for OEM mags right now as far as I can tell.

Weeelllllllll as soon as I posted this...... found Mec Gar mags cheaper.  $22.99 each (not including shipping).  $4.99 flat shipping comes to $96.95 - so without the beretta forum discount you can get good mags at about the same price.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/92-9mm-10rd-mecgar.html?___SID=U

well dam......for some reason(probably 'cause i was being a dumbass) i never even thought to go on berettas website. and yea. 92fs. i'd found a couple lightly used mecgars on for cheap, but i don't have enough for this pistol now. that pricing's pretty dam good. thanks man!

thanks guys. i'd thought i'd heard bad about promags before......you all just confirmed that for me.

I bought one Promag 15 round handgun mag, back when it was still allowed here in the gulag.  

You could load 8-9 rounds into it before the spring pressure against the top round forced apart the cheap-and-far-too-thin metal forming the feed lips, at which point all rounds loaded to that point sprayed up and out of the magazine.  One could bend the feed lips back into spec, but the whole load-and-spray scenario would repeat every time.  

Promags are junk

I've owned two promags, one for my P226 and one for my GSG522.  Both worked flawlessly through hundreds of rounds.  I wouldn't covert to all promags, but as a cheap extra range mag, I was happy.  That said, I doubt I'd pick up another promag without a good reason - I'd rather get a mecgar/factory original, especially when (for my guns) the mag prices are only a few bucks more each.