124gr9mm

Dick’s May Have to Close 35 Stores Across 18 States

Boo, hoo, hoo. 

Looks like jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon isn't paying off for Dick's

With sales falling after the implementation of corporate gun control Dick’s Sporting Goods may have to close 35 stores across 18 states.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/corporate-gun-control-fail-dicks-may-close-35-stores-across-18-states/?fbclid=IwAR2bnzHx00pZlmhci_sfAFbFs0Wo-U-DRiu1iDXLjkl0jBto7i8ewFSFX2Q

• Like 1

Stupid should hurt.  

I guess it is starting to in this case. 

I only feel bad for the affected employees and any shareholders who aren’t aware of the CEO’s actions that lead to this. 

43 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I wish I knew how to do stock trading.  I'd buy a bunch of Dicks and short it.  I dunno how people make money off companies that fail, but Dicks would be a good test run to try it out.

https://www.dummies.com/personal-finance/investing/online-investing/how-to-sell-stock-short-2/

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

I wish I knew how to do stock trading.  I'd buy a bunch of Dicks and short it.  I dunno how people make money off companies that fail, but Dicks would be a good test run to try it out.

You don't buy stock to short, you sell it without owning it.  You would need to open an account with a brokerage firm, sign a bunch of documents and keep other assets (usually other very safe stocks) as collateral.

23 minutes ago, GunsnFreedom said:

You don't buy stock to short, you sell it without owning it.  You would need to open an account with a brokerage firm, sign a bunch of documents and keep other assets (usually other very safe stocks) as collateral.

It also works best if you move very quickly when bad news is announced.  The store closings were announced a month ago, and a nice slide in stock price followed for about two weeks.   It has rebounded a little since then. 

5 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Boo, hoo, hoo. 

Looks like jumping on the anti-gun bandwagon isn't paying off for Dick's

With sales falling after the implementation of corporate gun control Dick’s Sporting Goods may have to close 35 stores across 18 states.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/corporate-gun-control-fail-dicks-may-close-35-stores-across-18-states/?fbclid=IwAR2bnzHx00pZlmhci_sfAFbFs0Wo-U-DRiu1iDXLjkl0jBto7i8ewFSFX2Q

Couldn't happen to a (koff koff) nicer outfit.

Like someone else mentioned, my only sympathy lies with the employees.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, Scorpio64 said:

Dick's just moved into a West Longbranch  location where a Sports Authority failed.  

Sports Authority also sold firearms at one time hand guns and long guns.. Then they didn't and now they're gone. 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, NJSigfan said:

good...eff them!  

There was a time that I was spending 100's per month between soccer cleats, sneakers and other random sports needs.  Now we buy local or via zappos/amazon.

Same here.  Had three kids who all played high school and college sports.  We found alternate sources and diverted close to a couple thousand $$$ a year to other sources!

• Like 1