Jump to content
Shocker

Anybody want to work at Picatinny?

Recommended Posts

Primarily mechanical engineers but also engineering support like draftsmen/CAD techs.

 

Upcoming grads for this spring might work out too.

 

Obviously I left out what this specific group does but if anybody fits the requirements above HMU and we can talk. I'm not personally doing the hiring but I can pass along resumes.

 

I figured a community of FID holders might be a good place to look for someone who can pass a background check, lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Higher grades,too, or just new hires?

And...are they paying PCS expenses?

Both, depending on what the candidate is bringing

 

I don't know about the PCS thing...they paid mine but that was a long ass time ago. It might be negotiable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Worked there years ago.....no beards, guns, criminal records, alcohol....etc.

The no beards, criminal records, alcohol, I can understand. But what do you mean by no guns? No guns at the facility or at all?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beards are fine, as are tattoos. You can't drink at work but is that any different from anywhere else? You're free to get sloshed on the golf course or playing softball as long as youre not driving drunk

 

No you can't bring guns on-post but this is NJ so who carries them around anyway? (There is a mechanism for shotgun hunting on-post but I understand it's a colossal pain in the ass). There are plenty of guns that live here permanently tho....22LR all the way up to 7" missiles

 

There are many people that commute from PA but you probably want to get going early before eastbound 80 piles up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Beards are fine, as are tattoos. You can't drink at work but is that any different from anywhere else? You're free to get sloshed on the golf course or playing softball as long as youre not driving drunk

 

No you can't bring guns on-post but this is NJ so who carries them around anyway? (There is a mechanism for shotgun hunting on-post but I understand it's a colossal pain in the ass). There are plenty of guns that live here permanently tho....22LR all the way up to 7" missiles

 

There are many people that commute from PA but you probably want to get going early before eastbound 80 piles up.

odd

5 year appointments?

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/?l=Picatinny Arsenal%2C New Jersey&p=1&k=army&r=0&s=location

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W2MC said:

Tempting.....move to poconos and drive-over on 80...

I worked there for quite some years also. Still have many friends working there. The commute from the Poconos (as others mentioned) requires a pre-dawn departure, but if you can handle that... it's doable. Also, carpools/vanpools are common if you prefer to go that route. In addition, working from home on occasion (which was verboten years ago) has become more common.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, W2MC said:

IDK what those are listings for but there's no predetermined timeframe in my group, if both sides are happy it's for as long as the career lasts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Shocker said:

IDK what those are listings for but there's no predetermined timeframe in my group, if both sides are happy it's for as long as the career lasts

Those are the current openings at Picatinny.....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to butt in, I'm a carpenter so have no need to look at this other than nosiness at the posting title, BUT!!! I really never expected to be getting chuckles reading this particular thread. Thanks for keeping the uplifting spirit of the forum even here. No wonder I spend "way too much time looking at all that gun stuff!"  (quote from the better half) :icon_e_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 345Sire said:

Thanks for keeping the uplifting spirit of the forum even here. No wonder I spend "way too much time looking at all that gun stuff!"  (quote from the better half) :icon_e_smile:

You better be careful, or we're going to start charging you for this entertainment!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • NJGF members in chat (1)



×

Important Information