Mrs. Peel

Private Security Guard Stops Active Shooter from Entering Nightclub

....." The guard shot Williams at least once, in the leg, and then helped treat his wounds.

“I’m not here to kill anyone,” she said. “I saw one of the entry wounds was on his thigh which can sometimes be a somewhat dangerous place to bleed out. I keep a trauma kit and tourniquet on me as everyone who carries a gun should.”

“Thankfully, he is still alive today,” she added. “One day he is going to have the opportunity to make better choices.”

Bad, bad , bad choice and mindset... he's alive today, and stands to make the choice to retaliate and come after her in the future. She made a bad decision.

14 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

I have no intention of shooting anyone. If I do I would want to be fatal.

Exactly. That's the point to pulling the gun, to stop the threat permanently.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

36 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

She certainly did her job well. Way to go lady. But no first aid kit in my outing with a gun.I have no intention of shooting anyone.If I do I would want to be fatal.

What are your plans if you get shot? 

• Like 3

Released on bond?  Really???

“Williams was released on bond after being charged with shooting into an unoccupied vehicle, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, menacing, and reckless endangerment. He was the only person injured.”

• Like 1
  • FacePalm 1

4 minutes ago, oldguysrule649 said:

“Williams was released on bond after being charged with shooting into an unoccupied vehicle, possession of a firearm by a prohibited person, menacing, and reckless endangerment. He was the only person injured.”

Exactly, anyone want to take a bet when he'll get in trouble again?

Why was he a "prohibited person"?

Here, I found out why:

Williams is a convicted felon, according to court records. He was released from prison on parole last March, court records state. He served more than 14 years after pleading guilty in Montgomery County court to six counts of first-degree robbery and two counts of felonious assault. Six other robbery charges were dismissed as part of a plea deal hatched with prosecutors in 2003, records show. Williams was sentenced to 20 years and received more than seven months of credit for time served in jail before the case was adjudicated, his court file states.

Williams was charged with promoting contraband in 2005, when authorities accused him of having marijuana in prison. In that case, he was sentenced to 15 years. The sentence was imposed to run concurrently with — at the same time as — the Montgomery case, records state.

https://www.al.com/news/2018/12/wild-wild-west-rapper-boosie-describes-scene-of-ak47-shootout-at-alabama-club.html

So, yes, she screwed up, he should not be here right now.

Strong work by this security guard. This is an outstanding example of good people with guns standing up to bad people with guns and being a protector.

***Important point of order***

We shoot to stop. 

We don’t shoot to kill.

That very important distinction is what makes us the Good Guys.

Anyone who says otherwise either doesn’t understand the laws pertaining to the proper application of deadly force, is attempting to perfect the art of machismo and braggadocio, or just trying to be funny.

Yes, our application of deadly force may cause our target to die. Yes, the application of deadly force that will stop a threat fastest and be most appropriate may be to use a weapon or TTP that will cause instant death - but the actual killing of another human being is never the goal. 

As for first aid supplies, I keep a TQ, gloves, compression bandage, and Quick Clot on me when I carry a gun.

Its primary use is for me and mine.

Its secondary use is for other innocent victims in the area.

Its final use is to treat my target. That is if they survive long enough for me to complete my post engagement sequence and are validated to no longer be a threat.

I also carry some kind of restraint for the event I get a psychological stop of the targets actions vs a physiological or traumatic stop.

• Like 5
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

Strong work by this security guard. This is an outstanding example of good people with guns standing up to bad people with guns and being a protector.

We shoot to stop. 

We don’t shoot to kill.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t understand the laws pertaining to the proper application of deadly force, or is attempting to perfect the art of machismo and braggadocio.

Yes, our application of deadly force may case our target to die. Yes, the application of deadly force that will stop a threat fastest and be most appropriate, may be to cause instant death - but that is not the goal. 

As for first aid supplies, I keep a TQ, gloves, compression bandage, and Quick Clot on me when I carry a gun.

Its final use is to treat my target. That is if they survive long enough for me to complete my post engagement sequence and are validated to no longer be a threat.

I also carry some kind of restraint for the event I get a psychological stop of the targets actions vs a physiological or traumatic stop.

She’ll also make out better in the civil suit I’ll bet. “He was a good man....”. 

1 hour ago, High Exposure said:

We shoot to stop. 

We don’t shoot to kill.

Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t understand the laws pertaining to the proper application of deadly force, or is attempting to perfect the art of machismo and braggadocio.

Yes, our application of deadly force may case our target to die. Yes, the application of deadly force that will stop a threat fastest and be most appropriate, may be to cause instant death - but that is not the goal. 

Werd!

could not have put it better myself!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

I'm boggled about the part where he's ALREADY OUT ON BAIL.

And THAT's where many politicians/activists go completely astray in their analysis of "gun violence". They want to take guns away from the law-abiding (who are statistically unlikely to commit crime), while a career criminal who is statistically the MOST likely to commit crime (even this guy who was shaping up to be a potential mass shooter) will go straight through the justice system's revolving door and right back onto the street. 

All of these "criminal justice reforms" we're seeing - like releasing folks early from jail, reducing bail or even doing away with bail altogether - mark my words, this will come back to bite us. We're going to start seeing crime rates spiking (we've already seen a slight uptick the last 2 years)... and then guess what? They'll want MORE gun control in a vain attempt to control the problem that THEY stupidly created in the first place. :facepalm:

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

We shoot to stop. 

We don’t shoot to kill.

Anyone who says otherwise either doesn’t understand the laws pertaining to the proper application of deadly force, is attempting to perfect the art of machismo and braggadocio, or just trying to be funny.

Yes, our application of deadly force may cause our target to die. Yes, the application of deadly force that will stop a threat fastest and be most appropriate may be to use a weapon or TTP that will cause instant death - but the actual killing of another human being is never the goal. 

I tend to believe you dont understand  the  immediate need or urgency of using a gun. Not that Im an expert either.

You shoot the gun out as the last resort. If your life  or someone's else life is TRURLY in danger and there is no option but shooting to kill. This lady was lucky but things could have turned ugly and she easily could have been killed herself.

What happens if you try to just stop somebody by injuring  and accidentally you kill him ?

" I just tried to stop him" doesn't work well in court.

I admit at times just producing the weapon might stop someone in his track but shooting to hurt  is no way to go for me.

JMOHO

• Disagree 4

6 hours ago, oldguysrule649 said:

This is Alabama, not New Jersey.  I spent a few years in Huntsville.  Nice town.  This isn't something that is an everyday occurrence there.

1 hour ago, Peter Goldwing said:

I tend to believe you dont understand  the  immediate need or urgency of using a gun. Not that Im an expert either.

You shoot the gun out as the last resort. If your life  or someone's else life is TRURLY in danger and there is no option but shooting to kill. This lady was lucky but things could have turned ugly and she easily could have been killed herself.

What happens if you try to just stop somebody by injuring  and accidentally you kill him ?

I admit at times just producing the weapon might stop someone in his track but shooting to hurt  is no way to go for me.

JMOHO

You could not be more wrong 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Peter Goldwing said:

JMOHO

oh my...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter Goldwing said:

She shot him once, in the thigh, she intentionally tried to "wing" him. He was carrying a AK47. It could have easily went South for her quickly if he decided to turn the AK on her.

How many times have we heard instances of a guy, being under the influence of something, taking multiple rounds by a LEO before the threat was finally stopped?

Back in the Ferguson incident, it took 6 rounds by the LEO to finally stop Michael Brown. Is shooting to "wing" a good strategy?

3 hours ago, Peter Goldwing said:

Are you telling me  You carry an emergency kit at all times? Gun and no gun.

No, I asked you what are your plans if you get shot.

Since you kind of asked, I carry a tourniquet and quikclot on me every time I carry. Which is every day now that I am not in NJ. I have an extensive med kit in every vehicle I have and I carry a full trauma kit when I'm hunting or out in the woods. 

When seconds count EMTs are minutes away........

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Sniper said:

She shot him once, in the thigh, she intentionally tried to "wing" him.

You and another poster are assuming that. It's not clear from the article. Her comment about "I didn't want to kill him" could have just as easily been referring to the fact that she rendered aid while he was bleeding out. There is NO clear statement that she purposefully shot him in his thigh. Her shot may have simply landed low. We just don't know.

And... think of how fast that situation likely unfolded... bullets are flying, adrenaline is pumping, she's taking cover, she gets off a couple of shots that put the guy down... we're really going to critique this to death? Can't we just celebrate the fact that an armed citizen stopped a potential mass shooter? Come'on guys... must we eat our own all the time:facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.